Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 06:58 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,921,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
So - if due process is out the window - any one of you can be imprisoned or deported. For any reason.

Hello fascism.
This

This is what dumb people don't see

Old 06-25-2018, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
By that measure, if my child was homeless, I should feel justified in breaking into someone's home, killing the homeowner, then living in that home. Do I have that correct? I mean, if my child might die, then any actions I take are justified.
You mean like police being able to legally shoot a 12 year old kid with a toy gun at a park?

Old 06-25-2018, 07:07 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
LOL!!!!!!

Please read the Bible. WOW.
That was one of most telling posts I’ve ever seen on this board.

Explains so much about the hardness of their hearts and misinterpretation of the Word.

Wow indeed.

Old 06-25-2018, 07:08 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
You mean like police being able to legally shoot a 12 year old kid with a toy gun at a park?
if a kid has a gun, toy or otherwise, yes, police will shoot, b/c they don't know it's a toy....
it's instinct....plus training...

Old 06-25-2018, 07:12 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
"Us and them" my favorite Jesus quote. Which verse was that again?
you take care of your own house, get it in order, and then reach out and help others....meaning, if we continue like this, we won't be able to reach out and help anyone....you don't break the bank, and expect to help others....

Old 06-25-2018, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yeah, wow, Jesus taught us to obey the laws and not only that, but said, to pay taxes....

Romans 13:6-7
For because of this you also pay taxes, for the authorities are ministers of God, attending to this very thing. Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed.

Respect!
Romans is NOT Jesus’ Word.

People really need to stop painting Jesus with Paul’s Roman authoritarianism.

Old 06-25-2018, 07:13 AM

Quote:
if a kid has a gun, toy or otherwise, yes, police will shoot, b/c they don't know it's a toy....
it's instinct....plus training...
So,

Hand One: here's something that might be dangerous - response: literally kill someone

Hand Two: here's a situation that IS dangerous - response: too bad, we have people suffering here too

?

Old 06-25-2018, 07:15 AM

Quote:
you take care of your own house, get it in order, and then reach out and help others....meaning, if we continue like this, we won't be able to reach out and help anyone....you don't break the bank, and expect to help others....
That's bull

Admitting refugees does not prevent us from helping anyone

Old 06-25-2018, 07:16 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,833,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Then it's STILL a lie.

That little girl was never separated from her mother.

If that girl had been brought in under Obama, she would have been separated from her mother.

Still confused about why the American people don't trust the news?

Still confused about why the Times numbers are plummeting?

Still confused about why Trump won?

Libs were born confused.

Old 06-25-2018, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
What is really appalling is the children and parents were not matched via an ID badge, names, descriptions, etc. Our "government," had no intention of reuniting families, did they?

Well, why not set up one of our huge football stadiums and bring the children and parents to the same location. Children could run to their parents. Oh, wait, that is too easy.

Our "government," needs to get their rear ends off of their hands and do the right thing, that is if they can figure out what the right thing is. What a bunch of dummies, without a heart. JMO

In the mean time the Donald needs to shut his mouth and go sleep it off. Does Mar Largo have a convention center to hold over 2000 people?
I don’t think they did.
This administration doesn’t consider these children human. They’ve treated them worse than dogs in a kill shelter.

According to the president ALL separated children would be reunited yesterday.

Did that happen?

Of course not.

Because there’s virtually no way to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies