Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 01:34 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
This has got little to do with stemming the tide of immigrants seeking asylum and everything to do with pandering to Trump's white supremacist base.
Absolutely pandering to the birthers and assorted sociopaths.

Old 05-27-2018, 01:55 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Absolutely pandering to the birthers and assorted sociopaths.

Because we all know that being against illegal immigration and expecting those who want to immigrate here to do so in accordance with our laws are all "birthers and assorted sociopaths". That was sarcasm, in case you didn't get it.

Old 05-27-2018, 01:59 PM

Quote:
This has got little to do with stemming the tide of immigrants seeking asylum and everything to do with pandering to Trump's white supremacist base.
What a racist and bigoted remark. How shameful. In your ignorance, you assume that anyone who is against illegal immigration is a "white supremacist". You are so very, very wrong.

First of all, there is no such race as "illegal alien". In the past, ICE has deported illegal aliens back to 189 countries. 189 countries covers every race, religion and ethnicity. It doesn't matter where in the world an illegal comes from as they all have one thing in common, and that is this --- they have no business being here and need to leave.

Old 05-27-2018, 02:04 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times
Quote:
I agree but the truth hurts and they'll be up in arms butt hurt over this remark.

Old 05-27-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Employer sanctions were largely stripped from the Reagan amnesty bill right before it was passed.

Every other nation I've read about has significant sanctions for employers who hire workers without the proper documents.

You either go through the system or you don't get a job, because the consequences are not mere slap-on-the-wrist fines for employers.

If this administration was serious about stemming the tide of undocumented immigration this is exactly what they would do.

Instead, they put on a big show and are are ripping families apart to prove how tough they are.

Where's Melania and her anti-bullying, protecting the innocence of children campaign gone to?
Per the bolded --- Now you are really reaching. Why do you continually let the parents of these children off the hook? No decent parent would put their kids through this. If there was real danger, then they should have asked the Mexicans for asylum.

You can blame the democrats for reneging on their promises during the 1986 amnesty. Make no mistake---I was never a fan of Reagan and never voted for him. When he agreed to the horrible amnesty, the democrats promised him the following things: 1) It would be the one and only amnesty (since then we've had several stealth amnesties); 2) The border would be secured (everyday, illegals sneak across the border); and 3) No illegal aliens would ever find work here (currently, there are 8 million no-match SSNs in the workforce).

Believe it or not --- At one time dems truly looked out for the poor, working and middle classes. Those dems of yore would have been horrified to discover that their constituents were either seeing their wages depressed or losing their livelihoods all due to illegal immigration. And those dems would have done something about it---and I don't mean amnesty.

Neither party is looking out for Americans. However, at one time dems could be counted on to do so. Today's democrats put illegal aliens ahead of the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed Americans.

I have no love for either party. One time the RNC called us and tried to get us to join. I gave them an earful as to why I wouldn't join. No surprise that the man on the other end of the line said I wasn't the first to tell him this.

All that said, I don't know how anyone can support and encourage illegal immigration and bogus asylum claims.

Enough with the "ripping families apart" nonsense. If that happens, the blame lies squarely on the parents. You are naive if you don't think illegals abandon families back in their own countries.

Old 05-27-2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
I agree but the truth hurts and they'll be up in arms butt hurt over this remark.
By agreeing, you have proven yourself to be racist and bigoted.

Old 05-27-2018, 02:21 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
By agreeing, you have proven yourself to be racist and bigoted.
Your standards of what is bigoted and racist are of no concern to me. Much projection in your post. Your posts reek of what you accuse others of.
https://www.everydayhealth.com/emoti...able-emotions/

Old 05-27-2018, 02:37 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,953,990 times
How do they lose track of 1500 children? In many articles I have read, it states that these children were detained in an ORR shelter and than sent to live with a sponsor (close relative living in the states or non relatives). It goes on to say that these sponsors are evaluated to make sure they are not involved in human traffiking, but that there were discrepancies in records. Now the US is saying that they are not responisble legally for what happened to these children.

This makes me sick. Trump keeps saying the Dems put this law in action to separate families, but the fact is, that is just not true.

Old 05-27-2018, 02:44 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
The yellow bracelets we're making the separated kids and mothers wear is a "nice" touch...straight out the Nazi history books. Is the Trump administration really that tone-deaf or are they doing stuff like that on purpose?

Old 05-27-2018, 03:00 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Stop...just...stop.

Everyday Americans commit crimes and get sent to jail. They can't take their kids to jail with them. Yet you aren't crying over that which makes you a hypocrite.
Bingo.

Lefties hate American criminals, but love illegals who committed a crime by entering illegally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies