Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 06:32 AM

62,609 posts, read 28,801,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Yep. Many other alternatives than building a wall and tearing families apart.

There is no other alternative than the wall to deter criminals and terrorists from entering our southern border illegally. Better to deter all illegal aliens with a wall than to allow them to get into our country where they are much harder to weed out and more expensive to do so.

Again, separating parents from their children from entering "illegally" should be a deterrant for them to do that. They have been forewarned and if they choose to try anyway then it's on them. I'm not talking about those claiming legitimate asylum.

Old 05-29-2018, 06:39 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,196,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
All of these people went through at least one safe and large country (Mexico) to get to the United States. There are also countries surrounding these other "dangerous" countries that are safe - and often, much easier to enter. Brazil, for example, has a very lax immigration policy, and is just as far as the US from Central America. Lack of handouts and freebies, however, means no "migrant train" to Brazil.

So anyway, spare us your f-----g dramatics. People like you with your attitudes of "come one, come all, mama America will feed you and protect you" are absolute enablers of smuggling and human trafficking. You are so blinded by your pollyanna do-gooder-ness that you can't see what is plainly obvious.

Your type is the exact same reason why thousands die crossing the Mediterranean every year, enabled by smugglers who take them from safe haven countries to the promised land of benefits and easy women in Europe.

Enough is enough. Tragic as this is, I hope this will help make the siren call of the USA as "land of free s--t" less loud and make people really consider their options before putting themselves and their families in danger.
Cutting through all your cursing and insults, all I read is, "Not my problem."

Good for you.

Old 05-29-2018, 09:44 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,560,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Actually, I think this is great. The optics are great. Canada doesnt want them either. It shines a spotlight on these Nigerians and who are only getting visas for the purpose of staying illegally, it shines a spotlight on the Haitians that never went back home and it strengthens the argument against illegal aliens in general. Plus, as an added bonus, nobody can say that Canada has taken the high road on illegal aliens. You guys have proven that you don't want them any more than we do, so any criticism is neutralized.
You avoid the fact that Canada and the USA have an agreement on refugees. Do I need to repeat it for the umpteenth time, or did you willfully avoid it's reality?

Old 05-29-2018, 09:46 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,560,885 times
Quote:
You have to “never mind the moral ones”. See my post above. Canada doesnt want them either. If Canada wanted to, they could absorb the Nigerians and Haitians coming over the border seeking asylum in Canada. They don’t HAVE to send them back. But they are not obligated to take them, so they dont. I think it may be Canadian racism since most of these “asylum seekers” are black. Canada is no more “moral” than the US.
And once again, you ignore, willfully it seems, the agreement that Canada and USA have on refugees that come from either country to the other.

Why?

Old 05-29-2018, 10:24 AM

42,754 posts, read 25,988,918 times
Quote:
You have to “never mind the moral ones”. See my post above. Canada doesnt want them either. If Canada wanted to, they could absorb the Nigerians and Haitians coming over the border seeking asylum in Canada. They don’t HAVE to send them back. But they are not obligated to take them, so they dont. I think it may be Canadian racism since most of these “asylum seekers” are black. Canada is no more “moral” than the US.
Canada does accept asylum seekers, you could have figured that out in less time than it took you to type that.
Quote:
Among asylum cases decided in 2017, about two-thirds of Salvadorans (68%) and Hondurans (67%) and only about a quarter of Haitians (27%) received permission to stay in Canada. By comparison, more than 90% of asylum seekers from Syria, Yemen and Eritrea each had their applications accepted, the highest acceptance rates in 2017. Canada asylum claims surged in 2017, driven partly by Haitians | Pew Research Center

Old 05-29-2018, 10:27 AM

18,419 posts, read 15,149,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
You avoid the fact that Canada and the USA have an agreement on refugees. Do I need to repeat it for the umpteenth time, or did you willfully avoid it's reality?
Unless there is something in the agreement that says that Canada CAN’T accept them, my post still stands.

Is there? I dont know, but I doubt it.

Old 05-29-2018, 10:29 AM

18,419 posts, read 15,149,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Canada does accept asylum seekers, you could have figured that out in less time than it took you to type that.
Is this post here just because you needed something to chime in about? Nobody said Canada doesn't accept any asylum seekers. Most 1st world countries do, including the US.

Old 05-29-2018, 11:08 AM

22,319 posts, read 11,832,049 times
Quote:
That argument works as well as the abortion/adoption dichotomy presented to pro-lifers.
This again?^^^^ You are comparing apples to oranges and you know it, too.

Quote:
The luxury of safety on display yet again.

You truly do not get how dangerous other places are in this world when you suggest that people living in horrific conditions just "talk to their elected officials to clean up their area" or "move to another neighborhood."

My goodness.
And you truly don't get that there how dangerous some neighborhoods are in this country. It's very clear that you haven't seen your own neighborhood and schools get destroyed by illegal aliens.

It's not our fault that there are corrupt countries in this world. By allowing illegal aliens from those countries to come here, we are enabling these countries to continue with their corrupt ways. Is that acceptable to you?

You seem to think we have unlimited buildable land and potable water since you are cheerleading for more and more of these people to come here.

Then you evade the fact that you refuse to take any of them into your home. Typical of bleeding heart behavior---expect the taxpayers to pay for all of this while screaming about how high your taxes are.

Old 05-29-2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Oh if only I could!

I'd be gone faster than you can scream, "Build that wall!!!"
Well...if all those bogus asylum seekers can find a way to get here from the banana republics, then you certainly can find a way to move.

Old 05-29-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Cutting through all your cursing and insults, all I read is, "Not my problem."

Good for you.
Well, obviously it's not your problem either since you refuse to take any of them into your home. You hold no high ground at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies