Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 04:39 PM

42,868 posts, read 26,375,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Another one who invoked Godwin's Law. You lose. It's despicable and shameful to trivialize the suffering that Holocaust victims endured.
I think that there are times when invoking Godwin's law is appropriate and this might be one of them

23,177 posts, read 12,261,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Even if you stayed in your own land you and your kids may die? You do realize that many of these people are fleeing from severe violence or death? Don't confuse illegal immigrant with those seeking amnesty.
I would risk Anything I had to for my kids to have a chance for a better life.

Anyone can die anywhere. How many are dying here in the US in the bad areas like Chicago?

4,049 posts, read 2,746,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
We have a legal process for those seeking asylum for truly dangerous situations.

https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/r...-asylum/asylum

Don't break the law, don't get separated from your kids. Good advice for citizens and non citizens alike.
Like I said in a previous post, no empathy for the children. I don't give a dam about process nor does your president. This is pure hostage taking for money for his wall.

Old 06-18-2018, 04:40 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,916,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Obama deported more people from the US than any other president in history.

As of 2015, more than 2.5 million undocumented persons had been deported by immigration authorities since President Obama took office in 2009, a total which was statistically record-setting. In fact, 2013 was a record-setting year with 435,498 deportations under Obama.

Jeff Sessions said this a few weeks ago - and believe me, those trying to enter the US illegally know about it:

"If you are smuggling a child, then we will prosecute you and that child will be separated from you as required by law … If you don’t like that, then don’t smuggle children over our border."

He also said this:

"We don’t want to separate families, but we don’t want families to enter the border illegally. We urge them not to do so."

I mean, DON'T ENTER THE US ILLEGALLY. Sheeze.
Obama deported bad guys, he did not separate children. By closing asylum applications at POEs the families have no choice. They CANNOT return to their home country or they will be KILLED. My guess is you have never been in a situation like this and cannot relate to dire circumstances. Lucky you. But that does not change the desperation other humans face. However try to relate to other human beings with whom we share this world. WWJD is a good start.

Old 06-18-2018, 04:40 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,391,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I think that there are times when invoking Godwin's law is appropriate and this might be one of them
I think you're right, it is monstrous to try to deny us our rights to unskilled labor. I mean, think of the people's suffering if they had to pay 2 cents more per pound of tomatoes! The humanity!

Old 06-18-2018, 04:41 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,290,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Hitler believed what he believed until the end.
And the Hitler reference again. You better take a look in the mirror if you want to see someone who’s more in line with the nazi mindset.

Old 06-18-2018, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
They have no choice. Their kids will be KILLED if the stay in their native country.

How about someone provide some statistics and references on kids being killed in those countries? And don't include the "kids" that are part of gangs and the ones doing the killing.

Old 06-18-2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
These tapes of kids crying out for their parents are now getting air time. It's heartrending to anyone who has ever raised a child. American women will not tolerate this. Trump has written the epitaph of his administration this time and the GOP along with it if they refuse to act.

Yawn. How many times have Dems vowed that *this* <insert issue> is the one that will do Trump in?

Old 06-18-2018, 04:43 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,537,050 times
People who condone this child abuse by our government should burn in Hell. Trump, Sessions and their minions are no better than Adolf Hitler. I pray they all receive the karma that they deserve. A sad time to be an American. I never thought I would be cheering Laura Bush but, her comparisons to Japanese internment camps of our past are spot on. Trump, Sessions and members of Congress who stand by silent deserve nothing less than slow, agonizing death. I would love to watch.

Old 06-18-2018, 04:43 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,746,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
remember, they shut the government down over Illegal Immigrants, NOT you , the working/middle class of America.

how about shutting the gov't down over the fight for $15, the fight for $12, or simply raising the minimum wage which hasn't been done in ages.

Who is hiring these illegals and why isn't anything being done to them? hmmm

no, shut the government down for illegal immigrants. that's the democrats today.
And the party of family values has sold out to their heartless leader. No empathy from the party of family values for the children who are suffering without their parents.
Shame on Trump and Sessions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies