Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 08:01 AM

63,284 posts, read 29,374,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
1. Not all law breakers go to jail. More lawbreakers shouldn't go to jail.
2. There are many immoral laws today. Immigration and marijuana laws come to mind...

What difference does that make? Many American law breakers do go to jail and they aren't allowed to take their kids with them. WTH is immoral about our immigration laws today?

Old 07-01-2018, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Legality does NOT equal morality.

Once again, please elaborate on how our immigration laws are immoral.

Old 07-01-2018, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I'm sorry that you don't see that a foundation is being set. I'm sorry you don't see that groups of people are being dehumanized (Trump "they're animals") and demonized (suggesting most are MS 13). That is setting the stage of fear. How can you NOT see that??

I don't think, I hope, that we will ever see the killing camps of the Nazi's, but we already have seen American citizens of Japanese descent but into concentration camps, haven't we. We already see children being taken away from their parents, and in many cases flown thousands of miles away, haven't we?

We've already seen a move to automatically deny asylum, haven't we? What next step are you OK with? Forced visual identifiers on asylum seekers? Continued incarceration for them? No other country in the world separates asylum seeker families nor incarcerates them. Not even those S(**** hole countries Trump talks about.

America used to be better than this. And yes, when one sees the foundation for further discrimination and inhumane treatment being set, one needs to say, NEVER AGAIN. You know why? Because if things advance, it will be too late.

I love how your lefty liberals spin the truth. Trump did not call all illegal aliens MS-13 gang members! Comparing the enforcement of our immigration laws with Nazi "killing" camps is ridiculous. Do you and yours have no shame or honesty at all?

These parents were already forewarned not to jump our border illegally with their kids or the parents will be jailed and since their kids can't be jailed with them they would get separated from them but they chose to do it anyway so just who's to blame here?

No, there is no move to automatically deny asylum, why the lies? Once again, it's not asylum seekers who show up at a legal port of entry and request it that are separated from their kids it's those who enter our country illegally.

Just what inhumane treatment are you speaking of? Cut the melodramatics and lies, will you?

Old 07-01-2018, 08:17 AM

23,176 posts, read 12,313,677 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter if you think the immigration laws are the most lenient (they are not, but that is irrelevant). What matters is the demonization of an entire group of people, the dehumanization of them, and the way they are treated.

So then quit demonizing an entire group of people for merely wanting to ENFORCE THE LAW.

Old 07-01-2018, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Wrong, and I have shown the difference in previous posts. Law and treaties requires asylum seekers to be treated properly, and that does NOT include separating families. The USA is breaking its own laws and the treaties it agree to by what they currently are doing.

Name me ONE other country in the world that does this. Just one. You can't.

Name me ONE other country in the world whose courts have ruled that families cannot be kept in detention together for more than 20 days. Just one. You can't.

This separation of families is the result of other pushes by liberal activists like you. Too bad you couldn't think past lunchtime and foresee that if you can't detain families more than 20 days and it takes months to process cases due to the flood of entries organized by the same liberals, that the only alternative would be to separate. Oh that's right, you thought the alternative was going to be to release them and let a kid be an automatic passport into the country. Not. ENFORCE THE LAW!

Old 07-01-2018, 08:26 AM

Quote:
See, this is exactly what I am talking about. You have swallowed hook, line and sinker the story that ALL or MOST of the segregated children are here because of human traffickers, when the actuality is that few to none are. Tell a lie often enough, and some people start believing it.

Apparently you fall in that group.

When a child cries out for it's papa or mama as they are separated, I have a pretty good idea it is not being trafficked. But that takes too much common sense, right. Oh, and a heart that cares.

And how many are crying out for mama and papa? You haven't a clue. Seems you've done the swallowing as most of the propaganda pics of illegals in cages were taken under Obama while others were staged. Seems like every time you guys put up a poster child to symbolize your cause, a closer inspection reveals it to be faked propaganda. ENFORCE THE LAW!

Old 07-01-2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry that you don't see that a foundation is being set. I'm sorry you don't see that groups of people are being dehumanized (Trump "they're animals") and demonized (suggesting most are MS 13). That is setting the stage of fear. How can you NOT see that??

I don't think, I hope, that we will ever see the killing camps of the Nazi's, but we already have seen American citizens of Japanese descent but into concentration camps, haven't we. We already see children being taken away from their parents, and in many cases flown thousands of miles away, haven't we?

We've already seen a move to automatically deny asylum, haven't we? What next step are you OK with? Forced visual identifiers on asylum seekers? Continued incarceration for them? No other country in the world separates asylum seeker families nor incarcerates them. Not even those S(**** hole countries Trump talks about.

America used to be better than this. And yes, when one sees the foundation for further discrimination and inhumane treatment being set, one needs to say, NEVER AGAIN. You know why? Because if things advance, it will be too late.

I'm sorry that you do. Means you can't distinguish between real and imaginary threats. No group is being demonized. The administration is not stepping into these countries and bringing them to our detention centers by force. They are voluntarily coming here despite our warnings not to come.

And if 95% of those in detention are Latinos then that's because 95% of the illegal entrants are Latino. We didn't create the demographics in this.

Funny how there are suddenly so many asylum cases now. That's because the vast majority of them aren't legitimate asylum cases. Liberals thinks they ahve found a loophole in immigration law and are going down there and instructing every would-be illegal entrant to cry "Asylum" if caught. ENFORCE THE LAW!

Old 07-01-2018, 08:45 AM

Quote:
We have this simple little invention that is used daily. It's called an ankle bracelet. If one's concerned about not finding the asylum seeker, put one on. Then let them be free to do the things that the US has agreed to. Find a job. Get a drivers license. Let the kids go to school.

Like hell. Take another job from an American and let us foot the bill to educate their kids? Don't forget health care.

The US needs to not be in and stop signing lopsided treaties that saddle us with immense obligations and provide little or no benefit in return. This President isn't giving away the store to be well liked by other countries. Thus no idiotic climate accord.

The real issue here are the numbers. If we were dealing with a few thousand legitimate asylum cases per year then it would be no problem. But what is happening is we have ten thousand bogus cases per month because immigration advocates are using "asylum" as a loophole around our immigration laws. ENFORCE THE LAW!

Old 07-01-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Funny other countries don't have that problem. Does it happen? You bet it does. Is it pervasive? Nope.

We have this simple little invention that is used daily. It's called an ankle bracelet. If one's concerned about not finding the asylum seeker, put one on. Then let them be free to do the things that the US has agreed to. Find a job. Get a drivers license. Let the kids go to school.

All those things the US pledged it would do. Do you want the US to be known as a treaty breaker? How many other treaties should it break? And if it does, why should any country trust it again?

Trump wants all of those things not to apply. But then, he knows a thing or two about breaking agreements, doesn't he?

So we agreed to commit national suicide by allowing anyone in the world to come here either illegally or claiming asylum? I don't think any treaty includes that. Do you know how much it costs our nation to support including educating these people? Why should we give them our jobs? Should we hand them all a SS number when their stay in many cases would be temporary?

If there is any such agreement/treaty then that needs to be changed ASAP as it's utter BS! Don't tell me about Trump breaking any agreements when Obama ignored our immigration laws and unconstitutionally gave a stay of deportation to millions of illegal aliens. He also told HS not to deport any illegal aliens unless they were "convicted" criminals. If that wasn't breaking our immigration laws then I don't know what is. You lefties are such hypocrites.

Old 07-01-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
So then quit demonizing an entire group of people for merely wanting to ENFORCE THE LAW.

Exactly! These hypocrites on the liberal left crack me up. They cry about us supposedly demonizing immigration law breakers and yet they call those of us for the rule of law racists, Nazi's, haters and many other uncalled for nasty labels and yet we are their fellow citizens. Despicable!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies