Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 09:53 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Like its such a burden to carry a 2.5x4" card with you! What if you have a stroke or heart attack out on that walk? You might be in the hospital unconscious for days before they figured out who you were. Not only would it make your care more difficult because they dont have your medical history, but your loved ones would be worried sick wondering what happened to you.
I'd be embarrassed to use this as a defense, especially since it's been brought up 5-6 times already and covered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2018, 09:59 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,588,006 times
This thread is a good example of how it has become that we have so many nanny laws ...

Old 05-10-2018, 10:00 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,752,114 times
Obey........

Old 05-10-2018, 10:10 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,665,635 times
There is no law requiring citizens carry ID with them at all times. If you drive a vehicle, you need a license which in many cases is an ID.

The green card holders have to carry their green card at all times, as the law. many don't. Some carry a copy of the greencard since they do not want to lose the original. But not carrying the card and carrying a copy is a misdemeanor, if you are prosecuted.

Quote:
If you are 18 or older, you do have to carry your green card with you. Section 264(e) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (I.N.A.) requires all lawful permanent residents (LPRs) to have “at all times” official evidence of legal permanent status.

Old 05-10-2018, 02:53 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
No teenager is going to worry about whether he hits his head and ends up in the emergency room where he cannot be identified, for God's sake. They think they're immortal.

This has to do with a cop who is hassling a kid and telling him he fits the description before they even had a description.

The cop is in the wrong - not the kid.

Old 05-10-2018, 03:44 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Yeah walking around with no way for anyone to identify you if you fell unconscious or dead is such a statement of freedom.
People like me and millions of others volunteered to join the military and defend liberty and freedom and the interests of US corporations around the world. (lol I am a realist)
In the military we all wore dog tags. In my job (carrier flight deck) we laced them into our boots because if you get sucked into an intake you go in head first. Also I worked on aircraft radar which has 27kv circuits, they dont mix well with metal tags on metal chains on your neck.
Anyway I never heard anyone complain about their liberty being threatened over it.
But then the military tends to break that kind of stupid **** out of you in boot camp.
Edit before someone catches it: except for thinking its a good idea to put a guy on a horse and bolt it for a prank.
I was in the Navy, we never wore dog tags except in boot camp which they were substituted for not carrying ID cards, and had a medical tag if needed. I also never carried my ID nor ID of any kind often when off base.

When you are working with/around live electric, you do not have metal of any kind on you, no one can inside the rubber room.

Some of you all are very paranoid people, lol.

Old 05-10-2018, 03:49 PM

3,075 posts, read 1,540,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
This thread is a good example of how it has become that we have so many nanny laws ...
I wish this forum had a thumbs up icon.

Old 05-10-2018, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
I wish this forum had a thumbs up icon.

Well, give Ellis one of these and then rep his post by either clicking on the scale on the upper right or clicking on rate this post on the lower left.

Good enough.

Old 05-10-2018, 05:29 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
I have to carry one to remember who I am.

Old 05-10-2018, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I have to carry one to remember who I am.
LOL - also helpful in remembering where you live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies