Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 07:11 AM

21,132 posts, read 19,714,475 times

Advertisements

More like: “Trump’s polls improve because of negative liberal news coverage.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2018, 08:02 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
media reports on the things the cheeto does.

if that's negative, then I guess he's doing negative things.

the cheeto makes the news. media doesn't make things up, they report.

Old 05-09-2018, 08:15 AM

25,573 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
More like: “Trump’s polls improve because of negative liberal news coverage.”
That's probably partially true. When asked how much they trust the media, most people simply laugh.

Old 05-09-2018, 08:16 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,493 times
That s when ya know his polls don't pass the smell test.

The Emporer Has No Clothes

Old 05-09-2018, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I would be interesting to see how popular Trump would be if it wasn't for Fox News singing his praises 24/7/365. My guess is his approval rating would be below 30%.
Partially true. The liberal press had it coming, though. They created Fox with their constant spin on news.
They left a vacuum and Fox filled it

Without Fox, the media would have politics their way.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:20 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Partially true. The liberal press had it coming, though. They created Fox with their constant spin on news.
They left a vacuum and Fox filled it

Without Fox, the media would have politics their way.
I don’t even watch Fox News. They are mostly opinion shows by prime time, and I’m not interested in hearing their opinions. I read the news, from multiple sources.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:24 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
All the fake "news", Stormy-this, P**p**gate-that, Russia-this, endless fakery.....people see through it.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I don’t even watch Fox News. They are mostly opinion shows by prime time, and I’m not interested in hearing their opinions. I read the news, from multiple sources.
Cite your sources.
If you have found honest reporting, you should tell the rest of us.

And why would you not be interested in hearing a well informed reporter's opinions? If you keep yourself well informed, hearing a dissenting opinion would not hurt you in the least. That's what Supreme Court justices do.
Without opinions, this forum would have no purpose. For that matter, we vote based on our opinions.

I'll even give you an example. Here's a wonderful opinion piece by Mollie Hemingway, Fox New contributor who wrote this for Real Clear Politics:
MOLLIE HEMINGWAY: For a year and a half, we've had everyone in the media and law enforcement claim with a straight face that there's something called the Logan Act which is this 18th-century law that prohibits people from doing freelance work with foreign governments. It is clearly unconstitutional, it would never be enforced. And yet it was used to query Mike Flynn and contrary to what James Comey said in his interview with you, that was the interview where the FBI agent said he gave no evidence of lying. And yet, it was because they were doing a Logan Act query supposedly because he shouldn't have been talking to Ambassador [Sergey] Kislyak as part of his duties as the incoming National Security Advisor.

Here you have John Kerry who has no role in the administration doing freelance work trying to save a deal that is completely contravening the goal of the Trump administration. And all those people who were claiming that the Logan Act was real thing are oddly silent right now.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...right_now.html

Old 05-09-2018, 10:39 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
This is very amusing. Trump admitted that what he actually means by 'fake news' is negative news.

And I don't intend to do research for all those making illogical claims that Obama or Clinton never got negative news--because they got plenty of it--google it.

Trump is basically an unlikable jerk who cannot work with anyone--hence the massively high turnover of his 'team.'

He is totally obsessed with himself and news coverage of himself and he constantly paints himself as a victim. He just has very low self-esteem and a huge, but fragile ego. He's no victim -- just an overly sensitive, immature child.

That's the real news--sorry if it is negative. He is a toxic negative person.

Trump Admits He Calls All Negative News

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ws-credentials

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.ebae24a252cc

Old 05-09-2018, 11:24 AM

6,224 posts, read 3,408,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Always wondered what approval rating would be if the media actually put out a positive story on Trump once in a while .

Many people sadly still trust CNN , MSNBC and NYTIMES
Very little reported about ISSI being reduced in both Syria and Iraq, even less about possible denuclearizing North Korea. The job unemployment rate dropping to 3.9% with more jobs than people available. Due to that drop has cause a raise in wages due to more job competition. Getting both Mexico and Canada to sit down and talk about renegotiating a trade deal. Getting China to talk about fair trade. etc....

https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtoo...ise-wages.aspx

The above is what is not reported by CNN, MSNBC and both the NYT and WAPO and what is reported is either under reported or slanted in a way that make all the above look bad. The MSM seems more concerned about impeachment then real progress in putting food on American tables and our foreign policies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies