Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 02:25 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I am a Christian myself, but don't pull that. There were Christians on the side of the Confederacy, too, who believed that slavery was instituted by God.

One unfortunate thing about religion is that so many people use it to justify almost any action they wish to take.
Well, God chose a side didn't he? And he forgave the Southern Soldiers who also felt they were doing their duty.

But make no mistake, divine intervention helped free the slaves and win that war.

Old 05-09-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
lol, imagine what Christianity would be like if Jesus had been simultaneously this ^ much of whiny snowflake while also being just as smug and condescending.
So you believe in Jesus? I'm shocked pleasantly. There is hope.

Old 05-09-2018, 02:29 PM

25,741 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
They are paying y'alls back for all the grief you have given unbelievers.
What kind of grief would that be? Unless you are about 700 years old? I haven't set foot in a church in years and I don't feel threatened at all. I haven't had any inquisitors at my door. Haven't had anyone calling me a heretic or threatening me. So again, I ask, what kind of "grief"?

Old 05-09-2018, 02:30 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
So you believe in Jesus? I'm shocked pleasantly. There is hope.
As a man, maybe. As a god, no. But you do, and since you do, you should be able to tell that your attitude is not consistent with the teachings of your own faith.

Old 05-09-2018, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
What kind of grief would that be? Unless you are about 700 years old? I haven't set foot in a church in years and I don't feel threatened at all. I haven't had any inquisitors at my door. Haven't had anyone calling me a heretic or threatening me. So again, I ask, what kind of "grief"?
Thank you. The thread is addressing how little respect and basic common decency these celebs show towards Christianity. There are over a billion of us in the world and many times that in spirit.

How are they going to reconcile this disrespect with their over the top support of Islam and every other victim class out there?

Old 05-09-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
As a man, maybe. As a god, no. But you do, and since you do, you should be able to tell that your attitude is not consistent with the teachings of your own faith.

But you respect the man, that is something. I realize you are triggered by all this. Breath into a paper bag for a while.

Old 05-09-2018, 02:33 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
How would you know in that narrow little mind of yours? I bet you think everyone gets a better deal than you and you are just put out by the world right?

I know a thousand people like you...all the same.
Narrow minded because I don't believe in your religion?

I'm not concerned with whatever "deals" people get in life, quite content with my own and not too worried about those who do better than me. There are always people doing better that the next guy, its nice motivation and a source of knowledge on how you can improve yourself, thats how I look at it.

Not even sure what you mean about "put out by the world" but geez, you seem bitter just because I don't believe in your religion.

Old 05-09-2018, 02:35 PM

46,956 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
I realize you are triggered by all this. Breath into a paper bag for a while.
Seems like the only one triggered is the OP. Oh, wait...

Old 05-09-2018, 02:35 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
You guys throw stones all day long at the LGBT community, non-believers, liberals, etc. If the church is going to dish it out it should be able to take it. If homophobic and transphobic hate speech is covered by the First Amendment, so should criticism and making light of the church.
I'm Christian, and do none of the above. I am a moderate Democrat as well as a Christian, and your stereotypes don't apply to me and many others like me.

The theme of the gala was not in the best of taste. Some of the costumes were gorgeous. Others were tacky.
Not my cup of tea.

Apparently the Catholic Church didn't find it disrespectful (I am not Catholic) and was okay with it. It's not going to affect my beliefs or my life or my religious practices in any way, so I think it's best just to let it be yesterday's news and move on.

Many much more important things in the world right now than a bunch of celebs. wearing questionable attire. At least they raised funds for a good cause and no one got hurt in the process.

Old 05-09-2018, 02:36 PM

1,874 posts, read 818,253 times
Quote:
I scanned page 1 and didn't see a thread on this.

Seriously, what is wrong with these people? If they dressed up like Mohamed they would be living in a bunker for the rest of their lives.

Everything that is good, just and enlightened in our lives we can thank Christianity for.

Christian fury at Met Gala's 'blasphemous' Catholic theme | Daily Mail Online
dont get triggered like those losers. they are all going to hell anyways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies