Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 08:56 PM

700 posts, read 637,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
Why would AT&T help Trump pay off Stormy Daniels? That doesn't make any sense. If Trump was going to do it in a secret fund, he wouldn't have companies like AT&T investing in it!

Once more, it seems that the Deep State is making up a bogus charge to violate the 4th Amendment.
AT&T neither knew about the payment to Stormy Daniels nor cared how Michael Cohen's LLC distributed the money they funneled to Essential Consultants. They were looking for access and ROI. Also, Cohen didn't incorporate an LLC in Delaware by throwing a dart at a map. Delaware has the strictest corporate secrecy laws which requires minimal disclosure of ownership and of which none of the ownership data is available to the public.

Old 05-09-2018, 08:56 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Accounting, telecom, healthcare. It is like Cohen University. Does anyone believe he knows anything about any of that stuff?
He's a New Yorker lol.

Having lived among them for over twenty years, they think they know everything about everything.

And......I will give them this........they are great BS artists.

This is exactly the kind of cockamamie scheme I would expect from a native.

Too many people competing for too few resources..........

Old 05-09-2018, 08:57 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,192,961 times
Something with this Avenatti guy seems off

Old 05-09-2018, 08:59 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
You mean, Novartis, Nova, and ATT&T funneled millions to the wrong Michael Cohen? Man, they must be pissed!

Happen to have a real source for that confirmation?

All I found was "a senior official inside Novartis told NBC News on Wednesday."

Given the track record for Russia-gate anonymous sources, I'd like to see some real names.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...-trump-n872731

Old 05-09-2018, 09:00 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,070,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Yes. However, the libs are making him out to be Superman and the Messiah rolled into one.

Old 05-09-2018, 09:09 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,821,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i'd love to hear from an actual attorney but....

i believe he has discovery for the accounts of "essential consultants LLC" that cohen formed to cover the daniels payment but continued to use for other shady financial transactions.
This really sounds like Cohen tried to stretch using the Essential Consultants LLC account a bit too far in using it to pay off Daniels (and may be others) and to receive payments for other shady financial transactions. It reminds me of of the film, "Trading Places". Just substitute:
  • "cover the Daniels payment" for the "important scientific experiment" (using Mr. Beeks to frame Winthorpe so they can replace him with Valentine)
  • "using the Essential Consultants LLC account" for the "crop report"
  • "Michael Cohen" for "Mr. Beeks"

Mortimer Duke: "I hope we're not pushing it, using Mr. Beeks for this, as well as the crop report."

Randolph Duke: "We are involved in a very important scientific experiment, Mortimer, and Mr. Beeks has always proven reliable."

Old 05-09-2018, 09:11 PM

700 posts, read 637,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Happen to have a real source for that confirmation?

All I found was "a senior official inside Novartis told NBC News on Wednesday."

Given the track record for Russia-gate anonymous sources, I'd like to see some real names.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...-trump-n872731
Will a statement posted to their corporate website suffice?

Old 05-09-2018, 09:15 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5trillion View Post
Cohen didn't incorporate an LLC in Delaware by throwing a dart at a map. Delaware has the strictest corporate secrecy laws which requires minimal disclosure of ownership and of which none of the ownership data is available to the public.

That is why many people have corporations there. Even Democrats!

Old 05-09-2018, 09:18 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Cohen's attorneys accused Michael Avenatti in a court filing on Wednesday of circulating some false information by including private bank records from other people named Michael Cohen who are not Trump's personal attorney.
Cohen's attorneys also acknowledged that some of the information Avenatti circulated about Cohen on Tuesday is correct.

Well, since the "confirmation" story is attributed to an anonymous source, I'd be interested in finding out what Cohen's attorneys have to say.

Old 05-09-2018, 09:19 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post

Yeah, "Off" on a mission to expose Cohen and then Trump for the corrupt men they are. I suspect that Cohen will be "off" to prison before too long, and Trump will be "off" the job and back to NYC so he can sell some more real estate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies