Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2018, 11:07 AM

1,763 posts, read 2,041,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
That's some Ocean's 11 type scheming then, eh? Get copies of keys, fake college ID, rig college ID to work on scanners... Good thing cops are following through on this bc she might steal the Declaration of Independence next...
Come on man. Not even high tech. Low tech as hell.
You've never heard of people lending their friends their keys????

Remember, at first, black girl refused to show her ID. She basically said "Look, I opened this here door. See? I proved I live here. I don't need to show you my ID. Why do you want my ID?".

By refusing to show her ID to comply with standard university police procedure, she made herself look even more suspect.
Just follow the damn protocol and stop making it difficult.
No need to be effin belligerent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2018, 11:07 AM

30,224 posts, read 23,643,056 times
Quote:
I'll believe it when I see the wave of White people calling cops on Asians b/c they can't agree on something or b/c they feel like it.
Maybe Asians don't think it's because they are Asian and don't run to the news about it. Again, not everyone whips out their phone for every single incident that they find themselves in.

Now, for the record, I do not blame the lady for getting upset, nor do I blame her for giving the cops a hard time. I know what it's like to have some B cause problems over trivial crap. Again, I've been on the receiving end of people like this way too many times. I would be pissed if some twit like this called the fricken cops on me because I fell asleep while studying. And yes, I would have definitely had an attitude if the cops told me to prove that I was allowed to be there, especially the type of money that is being paid to attend Yale. I would have questioned them, as well. "I opened my fricken dorm room, that should be enough proof that I belong here." As with this student, my anger over this would have been misdirected towards the cops because the snotty little hag wasn't around anymore to get the full dose of what she richly deserves, but I would have acted similar simply because I know what it's like to have some annoying hag (and she deserves stronger words but I'm not allowed to write them on this forum) do this type of thing. I've experienced it way too many times - but you didn't see me making videos about it. You didn't see me going to the news about it. You didn't see me throwing it on to social media.

That is the only difference, but you want to throw out the race card instantly with zero proof that it was because the other student was black. MAYBE IT WAS because this control freak B is also racist, maybe that will come out and you can feel good that once again you're being oppressed. In the meantime, what we all know is that this white female, like too many other white females, (and no, white females, it's not all white females so calm down), are annoying, nagging, obnoxious hags who cause problems where there doesn't need to be any problem. THAT we all can see.

Old 05-10-2018, 11:09 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,387,412 times
Quote:
I'll believe it when I see the wave of White people calling cops on Asians b/c they can't agree on something or b/c they feel like it.
Or maybe the media doesn’t report on that because it doesn’t fit the agenda ?

Old 05-10-2018, 11:20 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,820,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Some "look younger"...some don't. A grad student IS typically older than an undergrad-typically maybe 23-25 years old. Not 34. Not unreasonable to find a middle aged woman passed out in a public area of an Ivy League university to be unusual-regardless of race. It's not like she fell asleep while studying-the lights were turned off, per her own words.

All she had to do was present her ID when asked and the incident was over. But no-what fun is that when you can make something into a racial incident? Seems like another overly entitled, arrogant idiot with a huge chip on her shoulder. Real question-are students required to present ID when asked? IF SO-she should be facing discipline from the school.
Disagree with the age assessment. First of all there are a wide range of “grad students.” With PhD or health professions programs, it's very common to see students in their mid-30s and not uncommon to even see people in their 40s. Also, very few people at age 34 look “mid-aged.” I’m in my mid 30’s, and find that from about mid 20s through the 30s, most people look about the same age (with obvious exceptions in either direction). Bottom line, I highly doubt a 34 year old will standout among grad students as looking “middle-aged” and out of place. I looked at her facebook page and she definitely looks like a young grad student.

Old 05-10-2018, 11:28 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,098,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
Come on man. Not even high tech. Low tech as hell.
You've never heard of people lending their friends their keys????

Remember, at first, black girl refused to show her ID. She basically said "Look, I opened this here door. See? I proved I live here. I don't need to show you my ID. Why do you want my ID?".

By refusing to show her ID to comply with standard university police procedure, she made herself look even more suspect.
Just follow the damn protocol and stop making it difficult.
No need to be effin belligerent.
Cop pulling you over: "Is this your car? Can I see your license and registration? Hold on while I call the card dealership you bought this from b/c you could have stolen those keys, made a fake ID, and doctored the title..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Maybe Asians don't think it's because they are Asian and don't run to the news about it. Again, not everyone whips out their phone for every single incident that they find themselves in.

Now, for the record, I do not blame the lady for getting upset, nor do I blame her for giving the cops a hard time. I know what it's like to have some B cause problems over trivial crap. Again, I've been on the receiving end of people like this way too many times. I would be pissed if some twit like this called the fricken cops on me because I fell asleep while studying. And yes, I would have definitely had an attitude if the cops told me to prove that I was allowed to be there, especially the type of money that is being paid to attend Yale. I would have questioned them, as well. "I opened my fricken dorm room, that should be enough proof that I belong here." As with this student, my anger over this would have been misdirected towards the cops because the snotty little hag wasn't around anymore to get the full dose of what she richly deserves, but I would have acted similar simply because I know what it's like to have some annoying hag (and she deserves stronger words but I'm not allowed to write them on this forum) do this type of thing. I've experienced it way too many times - but you didn't see me making videos about it. You didn't see me going to the news about it. You didn't see me throwing it on to social media.

That is the only difference, but you want to throw out the race card instantly with zero proof that it was because the other student was black. MAYBE IT WAS because this control freak B is also racist, maybe that will come out and you can feel good that once again you're being oppressed. In the meantime, what we all know is that this white female, like too many other white females, (and no, white females, it's not all white females so calm down), are annoying, nagging, obnoxious hags who cause problems where there doesn't need to be any problem. THAT we all can see.
Ok. Keep thinking that being Black has no impact on these White women feeling like they need to bring in cops to do their dirty work in an argument. Eventually, you'll find yourself in a corner trying to explain why all these cops on Black people, but not each other. Why do they feel like a cop is going to resolve an issue when nothing illegal is happening? What exactly are they thinking is going to sway the cops to back them instead of the person they're calling the cops on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Or maybe the media doesn’t report on that because it doesn’t fit the agenda ?
Yeah. That's it.

Old 05-10-2018, 11:30 AM

1,704 posts, read 746,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I take it your degree is in mind reading. There is nothing to indicate that the call was about race. A middle aged women is flopped out in a common area of an Ivy League university. What would indicate that she wasn't some bum sleeping there? Has there been any kind of history of that going on at the university?
Neither of my degrees is in clairvoyance...

However, if you're of African descent here in the US, you don't really need a degree in race relations in order to get an accurate read upon racial discrimination. Certain physical indicators like, eye-contact, facial expressions, general body language, and voice intonations are usually excellent signals for racial discontent.

The longer you live as an African-American, the more profound your discernment, and the more perceptively keen your race hatred-radar sensors!

Old 05-10-2018, 11:31 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,490,731 times
LOL - as someone who works in an IT Audit function, I can sadly attest to the accuracy of this statement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I hope the cop calling fellow stays in school.

Her personality is perfect for the following job:

Internal auditor : who are usually disliked by anyone within their own organisation for exposing their weaknesses in processes or non compliance.

Old 05-10-2018, 11:35 AM

7,302 posts, read 3,384,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Yale needs to expel the racist trash who harassed this innocent student.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/09/us/ya...rnd/index.html
What a dumb statement.

The media, government, and relatively small bands of protestors forced this nation into trying a measure of integration. No one can or will make inter-racial assumptions go away completely, ever. If anyone doesn't like that reality, there's the door. This is a forced experiment and its outcomes are its outcomes. The hysteria makes that effort more difficult and less likely to succeed as it causes people to recoil for a couple of reasons.

Moreover, this incident does not control for any rate on such false assumptions per such incidents. That is, per every time someone calls the cops on someone else for vagrancy, what is the false assumption rate?

Only after you have that could you make a legitimate issue out of this. This is because, statistically, there will be a certain false assumption rate. Waiting until that statistical inevitability comes around to an inter-racial incident is only a matter of time. Due to statistics, not racism. I wonder how many other people have had the cops called on them for sleeping in public places in this nation over the past five years, and how many of those incidents were false assumptions? Why don't we hear about them?

The only trash here is the low IQ outrage brigade who "don't math".

The media is intentionally driving this nation deeper into a sociopolitical cold war.

Last edited by golgi1; 05-10-2018 at 11:45 AM..

Old 05-10-2018, 11:37 AM

30,224 posts, read 23,643,056 times
Quote:
Cop pulling you over: "Is this your car? Can I see your license and registration? Hold on while I call the card dealership you bought this from b/c you could have stolen those keys, made a fake ID, and doctored the title..."

Ok. Keep thinking that being Black has no impact on these White women feeling like they need to bring in cops to do their dirty work in an argument. Eventually, you'll find yourself in a corner trying to explain why all these cops on Black people, but not each other. Why do they feel like a cop is going to resolve an issue when nothing illegal is happening? What exactly are they thinking is going to sway the cops to back them instead of the person they're calling the cops on?

Yeah. That's it.
It's like you're only reading the words you want to read and skipping what doesn't fit your narrative about this. Again, these types of people do it to EVERYONE. Everyone. EVERY. ONE. They don't care what color you are, your age, your background, what they care about is feeling powerful...because they have nothing else in their lives. They do it to every. one. You think they don't call the cops on white people?! REALLY?! Yes they do!

And it's them using authority figures to assert their make believe authority. Why do they do it? I'm not a psychologist, I couldn't possibly explain the mental illness they clearly have.

What I do know is that they are wanting to assert their made up authority over other people, and because they don't have any people skills whatsoever, when the other person stands up to them, they look for authority figures to back up their make believe authority that they think they have. It doesn't just have to be cops. It could be managers, it could be the boss, it could be a leader of a group, etc. Whatever authority figure that they have at their immediate disposal, they are going to use because they are cowards who are too spineless to back up what they say or try to do. They are the equivalent of a child on the playground running off to tattle on someone to the teacher in the playground because they couldn't assert the authority that they think everyone should recognize. They are the Eric Cartman's of the world: Respect my authoritie.

They are jokes, but they make peoples lives difficult.

Old 05-10-2018, 11:47 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,098,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
It's like you're only reading the words you want to read and skipping what doesn't fit your narrative about this. Again, these types of people do it to EVERYONE. Everyone. EVERY. ONE. They don't care what color you are, your age, your background, what they care about is feeling powerful...because they have nothing else in their lives. They do it to every. one. You think they don't call the cops on white people?! REALLY?! Yes they do!

And it's them using authority figures to assert their make believe authority. Why do they do it? I'm not a psychologist, I couldn't possibly explain the mental illness they clearly have.

What I do know is that they are wanting to assert their made up authority over other people, and because they don't have any people skills whatsoever, when the other person stands up to them, they look for authority figures to back up their make believe authority that they think they have. It doesn't just have to be cops. It could be managers, it could be the boss, it could be a leader of a group, etc. Whatever authority figure that they have at their immediate disposal, they are going to use because they are cowards who are too spineless to back up what they say or try to do. They are the equivalent of a child on the playground running off to tattle on someone to the teacher in the playground because they couldn't assert the authority that they think everyone should recognize. They are the Eric Cartman's of the world: Respect my authoritie.

They are jokes, but they make peoples lives difficult.
And yet the reply to why we don't see it happening to everyone is predictably "well no one's reporting it" or "it doesn't fit the agenda..." Ok. We'll believe that this thing that happens to everyone is just being reported for Black folks. I see people make up all kinds of stories to find an out rather than admit racism, and this is no different. So I'm going to keep using the facts of what I see to stick to my claim, and you can keep using your lack of evidence to stick to yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies