Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2018, 11:48 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,866,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I take it your degree is in mind reading. There is nothing to indicate that the call was about race. A middle aged women is flopped out in a common area of an Ivy League university. What would indicate that she wasn't some bum sleeping there? Has there been any kind of history of that going on at the university?
This is not an issue to get people's panties in a twist. It was campus police that were called, not state troopers. At the same time, a middle-aged student in a graduate student dorm found another woman fallen asleep in a common area. There aren't any rules against falling asleep in dorm common areas. But the one woman called the campus police to check things out. I'm sure it was irritating and even infuriating for the student to have to explain herself to the campus police. And it's very possible that the woman who called the police is one of those busybody-types that wants to tell everyone what they can and can't do. But I don't even think the busybody thought the other woman was a bum. The busybody just wants to control everyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2018, 11:51 AM

1,704 posts, read 748,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
Come on man. Not even high tech. Low tech as hell.
You've never heard of people lending their friends their keys????

Remember, at first, black girl refused to show her ID. She basically said "Look, I opened this here door. See? I proved I live here. I don't need to show you my ID. Why do you want my ID?".

By refusing to show her ID to comply with standard university police procedure, she made herself look even more suspect.
Just follow the damn protocol and stop making it difficult.
No need to be effin belligerent.
College students living in their dorms feel as though once they've entered their dorm, they've entered their home.

The African-American post-graduate student was already aware that the white female student had unnecessarily notified the police who were now "intrusively" confronting her within her shared home.

In short, the post-graduate student felt intruded upon while simultaneously being insulted because of her race. She was therefore, behaving in a manner that displayed her resentment for this type of maltreatment.

IOW

Why do I have to show you my ID simply because I'm doing something that I routinely might do within my own home, just because of that despicable person?

Old 05-10-2018, 11:51 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,807,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Cop pulling you over: "Is this your car? Can I see your license and registration? Hold on while I call the card dealership you bought this from b/c you could have stolen those keys, made a fake ID, and doctored the title..."

It is a fact that some universities do have issues with non-authorized people staying in dorms, whether they are friends, boy/girl friends, or former students. Even the Navy catches people doing this, staying in the barracks after they got booted form the Navy, or people having their boy/girl friends living there.

Anyone can have a school ID, I still have mine and I am not a student. Presenting an ID does not mean you are a current student. If you want to know if the cops went overboard or not, you will need to see what their procedures are for such ID issues. With heightened awareness of school crime, I would not be surprised if there is more stringent actions taken in regards to issues like this. The only reason the DI check even was an issue is because the names did not match.

Had the cops not verified the ID, and this person in fact did not belong there and caused a crime, I am sure you would be on here complaining about how the cops are not doing their job, they should be in jail, and the university sued.

Old 05-10-2018, 11:53 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,567,354 times
More hatred, and divisiveness from the LEFT. Show the many times people help each other, no matter of color!!!

Old 05-10-2018, 11:53 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,110,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
This is not an issue to get people's panties in a twist. It was campus police that were called, not state troopers. At the same time, a middle-aged student in a graduate student dorm found another woman fallen asleep in a common area. There aren't any rules against falling asleep in dorm common areas. But the one woman called the campus police to check things out. I'm sure it was irritating and even infuriating for the student to have to explain herself to the campus police. And it's very possible that the woman who called the police is one of those busybody-types that wants to tell everyone what they can and can't do. But I don't even think the busybody thought the other woman was a bum. The busybody just wants to control everyone else.
If she was just a busy body, she would have numerous incidents of calling the cops on everyone for everything. Either she's just a busybody w/ Black folks, or she's a busybody w/ everyone and just feels the need to involve cops when it involves Black folks.

She has two incidents w/ being a busy body and calling the cops and they're both against innocent Black grad students.

Another round of mental gymnastics to admit what's patently clear.

Old 05-10-2018, 11:59 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,866,625 times
Quote:
If she was just a busy body, she would have numerous incidents of calling the cops on everyone for everything. Either she's just a busybody w/ Black folks, or she's a busybody w/ everyone and just feels the need to involve cops when it involves Black folks.

She has two incidents w/ being a busy body and calling the cops and they're both against innocent Black grad students.

We don't know how many incidents she has.

We know that she's a graduate student who also lives in the dorm. We know she's seeking a doctorate in philosophy. We know she has two doctorates in engineering, a law degree, and a masters in philosophy. We know she passed the bar in NY. We know that she polices her dorm, and calls the police. We have no idea of how many times she's called the police, or what her triggers are.

Old 05-10-2018, 12:04 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,110,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
We don't know how many incidents she has.

We know that she's a graduate student who also lives in the dorm. We know she's seeking a doctorate in philosophy. We know she has two doctorates in engineering, a law degree, and a masters in philosophy. We know she passed the bar in NY. We know that she polices her dorm, and calls the police. We have no idea of how many times she's called the police, or what her triggers are.
So another case of "Obviously she calls the cops on everyone, but the only records we have are when she does it Black people" eh? Ok.

Old 05-10-2018, 12:10 PM

13,947 posts, read 5,619,580 times
Quote:

The point is - busybodies busy themselves with business applicable to their stereotypes. One of our posters sees a white adult male walking a mall with a black female child. The busybody's stereotype of families is they are all the same color and if not, hijinks might be afoot, therefore, she must investigate to assuage her suspicions of evil doing.

In this case - busybody stereotype is that sleeping in a common area means some negative purpose, be it homelessness, laziness, squatting, whatever. Couldn't just be tired student who sat down for a bit and simply fell asleep. So stereotype flashes an interior mental violation warning, time to do what busybodies do and blow a perfectly normal, commonplace occurrence out of proportion and into something nefarious.

In all busybody thinking, you have the central theme of "I would never do/allow XYZ thing, therefore, nobody else would either, unless they are up to no darn good!!" So busybody figures they'd never catch a nap in a university common area, therefore nobody normal/innocent would either, so this person who did is clearly doing something wrong, time to call cops. Anything in the world that does not comport with what a busybody would do/allow themselves constitutes probable cause, and the paranoid ad litigious natures of our society mean all things that are probable cause need to be investigated by authorities immediately.

Was this particular busybody being racist as well? Who cares? Busybodies are godawful annoyances regardless of their motivation, so what difference does the "why" of their dumbassery make? The problem is people simply having to involve themselves, their worldview and the authorities into everyone else's business. I couldn't care less which particular voices in their head make them act that way, I just want them to stop acting that way ad leave everyone alone FFS.

Old 05-10-2018, 12:13 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,448,225 times
#nappingwhileblack

Old 05-10-2018, 12:14 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 24 days ago)

27,637 posts, read 16,120,970 times
What a bunch of racist morons in this thread. Master cnn yanks your chains and you jump and bash whitey. Fools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies