Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2018, 01:32 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I think you were supposed to bow or curtsy or something.

There's a certain type of personality that only feels safe when everyone is adhering. They need order and structure. They thrive on schedules and rules and are proud to follow them. They were tattletales as children and that's something they never outgrow. This is sometimes a result of utter chaos in their households as children. Sometimes they grew up with an alcoholic parent or no boundaries or schedules so they felt unsafe. It's a sickness, really. Many of you probably know someone like this.

She is Judy Hensler on Leave it to Beaver who grew up to be Gladys Kravitz on Bewitched. It wouldn't have mattered if the university president had fallen asleep in that room. She would have probably called the cops.
I was a police dispatcher on a college campus.

The school shuttles simply ran on a loop around campus hitting each spot every 10-15 minutes. And they were pretty damn good at maintaining that schedule too.

Want to know how many calls I took in which students questioned me where the hell the shuttle was because they were going to be late for class? As if I could magically know sitting in a room on the other side of campus and this quandary was worthy of a call to an emergency line to boot.

Other highlights:

- There are no parking spots in the lot next to my dorm. What do I do?

- Did the snow plows get to the M26 lot yet? I have class there in an hour.

- Someone moved the bench outside building X over to the other side of the door.

- There's a bunch of guys walking from the parking lot across from the stadium to the practice field. They seem to be up to something. (Yes, the football team does practice during the week of games)

Just a sampling.

My favorites were when the police were on the scene of an incident and someone would call in telling me that there's something going on over at X and the police are there. Just thought you should know.

Well thanks a lot my friend considering I'm the one that dispatched them to the scene.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2018, 01:32 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
So let's compare the two: on one hand we have 1 confirmed example, and one hearsay example. On the other hand, we have ZERO EVIDENCE OF HER BEING A BUSYBODY. Being a busybody would require more than one instance, and yet that's the line you have decided to make your stance on.

So if extrapolating based on 2 cases is lunacy, what does that make extrapolating based on ZERO cases?
Your 1 confirmed example and hearsay example can support her being a busybody even more easily than it can support her being a racist. Busybodies poke their noses into things that are none of their business, like policing the dorm's common room, and try to instruct others about how they should behave, like telling someone they aren't allowed to nap in the common room, and when they don't get the obedience they desire, they often call in authority figures, like the campus police.

I'm not making my stance on anything except that there isn't enough information to make any conclusions. You're the one who based on ZERO EVIDENCE is attacking this woman.

Remember the white supremacist marches, and people identifying these white supremacists based on photos. There were people who were identified mistakenly, and those people who were 100% innocent, who hadn't participated in the marches, had their jobs threatened, had their lives and the lives of their families threatened, had to go into hiding, while they tried to clear their names.

The lynching mentality isn't confined to racists.

Old 05-10-2018, 01:35 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,544 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
I'm not a Trump supporter, but nice prejudice you have there. Fighting prejudice with prejudice. Always a winner.
What are you talking about ??????

Your post said the left was dividing us by bringing up issues that actually matter and affect people, I simply gave you right wing examples that purposefully conflate arguments.

Either you dont know what prejudice means, or you are deflecting so hard that your sentences dont make sense.

Old 05-10-2018, 01:37 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
How is her being in EVERYONE's business based on ONE example, "definitely proven"?
We have this particular incident, and then we have her own words, which I already linked, but will do so again so that you may take the time to read what she writes. She, herself, is telling you that she's up in everyone's business:

Be Careful What You Wish For (Why I Hate Hate Crimes Legislation, But I Love Hate Speech)

Old 05-10-2018, 01:39 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
We have this particular incident, and then we have her own words, which I already linked, but will do so again so that you may take the time to read what she writes. She, herself, is telling you that she's up in everyone's business:

Be Careful What You Wish For (Why I Hate Hate Crimes Legislation, But I Love Hate Speech)
How does having a stance on policy make you a busy body?

Old 05-10-2018, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
What are you talking about ??????

Your post said the left was dividing us by bringing up issues that actually matter and affect people, I simply gave you right wing examples that purposefully conflate arguments.

Either you dont know what prejudice means, or you are deflecting so hard that your sentences dont make sense.
I think there's a whole lot of people using words they don't know the meaning of in this thread. Apparently, having thoughts about policy and harassing one person, makes you a busybody.

Old 05-10-2018, 01:40 PM

Quote:

If we take her words as an expression of her intent (i know...crazy thinking ) it's clear she has a hard on for anyone sleeping in that common area.

She's a loon and not necessarily a racist. We have no evidence to suggest she is a racist either.

Old 05-10-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Your 1 confirmed example and hearsay example can support her being a busybody even more easily than it can support her being a racist. Busybodies poke their noses into things that are none of their business, like policing the dorm's common room, and try to instruct others about how they should behave, like telling someone they aren't allowed to nap in the common room, and when they don't get the obedience they desire, they often call in authority figures, like the campus police.

I'm not making my stance on anything except that there isn't enough information to make any conclusions. You're the one who based on ZERO EVIDENCE is attacking this woman.

Remember the white supremacist marches, and people identifying these white supremacists based on photos. There were people who were identified mistakenly, and those people who were 100% innocent, who hadn't participated in the marches, had their jobs threatened, had their lives and the lives of their families threatened, had to go into hiding, while they tried to clear their names.

The lynching mentality isn't confined to racists.
My one example + hearsay would be stronger proof of her being a racist than a busybody. Either she's on everyone's case but only calls cops on Black people, or she's only on Black people's case. If you think she's a busybody than provide more examples of her busybody-ness. Right now, it looks like she only harasses Black people.

Old 05-10-2018, 01:43 PM

Quote:
How does having a stance on policy make you a busy body?
By definition, anyone who believes in a collectivist policy is a busy body.

I know all Statists have a problem understanding this but the Left is especially weak in digesting this fact when it comes to these things.

Old 05-10-2018, 01:44 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,544 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
I'm not "dismissing" it. Sigh. Again, what did I say in my first post? Maybe it was, but we don't know. This is what I'm dismissing: The very fact that some people instantly state it was based on "racism" without any proof whatsoever. Until we know for sure it was motivated by the other student being black, it is ridiculous to say that this was solely because the other student was black. There is no proof of it. Her being up in everyone elses business is definitely proven. That's all.
Thats not what you said in the post i replied to

You made an affirmative argument , just a Seacove did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies