Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2018, 01:58 PM

39,226 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

I know a bleeding heart liberal college professor who is the typical social justice warrior type. One time, he told us he had been discriminated against by a black person. This is his own words "He has a chip on his shoulder. A lot of black men do." Of course, he is not dumb enough to actually say it in the university . He can only say it in front of us.

So don't think for one second liberals always say the right things. They can be racists just like everybody else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2018, 01:58 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
You just laid out your definition of busy body by supporting that nonsense post. By that definition, you're saying that the vast majority of people on this forum are busybodies. You can keep defending your nonsense as well or just pick up a dictionary and use "busy body" the way the vast majority of people understand the word.
So you still haven't read it. Let me know when you've actually read it, and then we'll discuss.

Old 05-10-2018, 02:00 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
You just laid out your definition of busy body by supporting that nonsense post. By that definition, you're saying that the vast majority of people on this forum are busybodies. You can keep defending your nonsense as well or just pick up a dictionary and use "busy body" the way the vast majority of people understand the word.
While you are attacking other people based on how they define "busybody", you are failing to defend your own argument. If the napping grad student had been white and the busybody called the police, you would have called her a busybody, wouldn't you? So, just because in this case the napper was black, it becomes racism. But why? One incident or even two in our diverse world are not enough to establish a clear pattern.

Old 05-10-2018, 02:01 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
Neither of my degrees is in clairvoyance...

However, if you're of African descent here in the US, you don't really need a degree in race relations in order to get an accurate read upon racial discrimination. Certain physical indicators like, eye-contact, facial expressions, general body language, and voice intonations are usually excellent signals for racial discontent.

The longer you live as an African-American, the more profound your discernment, and the more perceptively keen your race hatred-radar sensors!
So the longer you live as an African-American the more bigoted and racist you become in your viewpoint? Somehow I doubt that this is true for a great many.

Old 05-10-2018, 02:05 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So the longer you live as an African-American the more bigoted and racist you become in your viewpoint? Somehow I doubt that this is true for a great many.
thats not what he is saying.

Old 05-10-2018, 02:10 PM

To me, the busybody definition is a person who is too interested in the affairs of other people. She does act like an annoying busybody here. It looks like many here also want to prove she is a racist busybody.

Like I said earlier, when I (I being the keyword) judge (for lack of a better word) a person, I look at this person's behavior pattern. If she called cops on black students only, then I cannot blame others for questioning her motives.

I REALLY don't think we need to argue about this. Nobody is on her side here.

Old 05-10-2018, 02:11 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
So the Right wing obsession with Shariah Law makes them busy bodies? The Right wing obsession with Black voting patterns makes them busy bodies? Or did you think that only Left wing people can be busy bodies?

But also, let's not skip over the fact that no one except you uses the term busy body to mean what you just made up.
When you take action is when I have a problem with you.

Gossip all you want but when you call the cops on someone sleeping in a room that is when I have a problem with you.

Both "teams" are authoritarian busy bodies. I can't stand either side.

Old 05-10-2018, 02:11 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
So you still haven't read it. Let me know when you've actually read it, and then we'll discuss.
I'm not reading her diatribe on policy. Feel free to quote whatever evidence you feel backs up your point, which is becoming clear, is non-existent. You back one posters definition of busybody backed by what he read, then when that gets shredded, you turn to... well you'll just have to read it yourself. Yeah.

Meanwhile the rest of us are operating under regular English language definition of the word.

Old 05-10-2018, 02:14 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
To me, the busybody definition is a person who is too interested in the affairs of other people. She does act like an annoying busybody here. It looks like many here also want to prove she is a racist busybody.

Like I said earlier, when I (I being the keyword) judge (for lack of a better word) a person, I look at this person's behavior pattern. If she called cops on black students only, then I cannot blame others for questioning her motives.

I REALLY don't think we need to argue about this. Nobody is on her side here.
That's not good enough for the Left who must whip up a race card and victim with every human interaction on the face of the earth.

I personally never want to cross paths with either chick involved in this incident. Both sound whack...even by chick standards.

Old 05-10-2018, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
That's not good enough for the Left who must whip up a race card and victim with every human interaction on the face of the earth.

I personally never want to cross paths with either chick involved in this incident. Both sound whack...even by chick standards.

lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies