Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 10:25 PM

5,335 posts, read 4,424,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I have a master's degree and I never fell asleep in some public spot while I was in college.
I have one too and I have fallen asleep in the library, on a bench in the court yard, at a table in the dining hall, under a tree out on the lawn, and on the stairs in the stairwell. Now, I was a damn good student, studied hard, and was graduated summa *** laude. I was also a damn good partyer which could explain the stair well but, all the others were legit.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2018, 11:24 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,168,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Little pretentious are we?

There is a problem with the ID, that is a fact. The police sorted out the issue then everyone went on their way.

Well technically she was sleeping, so she was not interrupted in her studies.

The police were ok the entire time. There was a discrepancy with the ID, and they sorted it out.

You seemed hinged on this education thing, as if simply going to college makes someone better or worse than any other person.
Not all colleges/universities are created equal...sorry not sorry.

Spare me the excuses with the ID. She had a key and an university ID. Nothing short of harassment by jealous people.

Old 05-09-2018, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I have a master's degree and I never fell asleep in some public spot while I was in college.
Dorms are not public.

Old 05-09-2018, 11:32 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,876,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
You pretty much called for all three, though you expressed a little doubt over suspending or expelling her. I think that’s as dramatic as the girl who called the cops on someone sleeping in a common room. Wouldn’t it have been better to go to the RA? This girl never saw the other one in the dorm? If you see people everyday you at least recognize they live there even if you don’t know them. I probably could recognize most people that work in my office building, and I don’t know them from Adam.
If you say so..

I worked in a factory with 3000 people. I may have known 10% of them on sight. Night shift people sleep in our break areas. Some from other parts of the factory. Why it cuts down on the wise asses kicking chairs and telling them to wake up. No one in their right mind calls sight security or the police due to someone taking a nap..... Well that except for the ones terrified of being more than arms reach from their safe space and cuddle bear.
I never called for a suspension or expelled or ass whopping. I simply said and I repeat that if said targeted person laid an ass whopping on the miss panties in a bunch and I was on the jury, I would call it self defense because the white girl used the cops like a weapon.

Look it wasn't like she saw this person sneaking out of her best friend's dorm. It isn't as if she confronted the sleeper by asking if she had business there. It isn't as if the sleeper was doing anything but sleeping. Did the sleeper have a mini gun strapped to her back? A couple of Glocks on her hips? No? Then the big deal is that panties in a bunch over reacted and used the cops like a weapon.

This is definitely a case where mind your own business is a good thing.

Old 05-09-2018, 11:34 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,583,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
If the student looked like a bum and didn't belong in the dorm, the campus police should have been called. Nonstory. Students pay good money to live in the dorms. Having a freeloader would be unfair to them..
Why are you assuming she looked like a bum? Also, unless I missed something, it was the common room in HER dorm.

Old 05-09-2018, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
First-she's a 34 year old woman-hardly your typical, expected college student. 2nd, she's sleeping in a "common area" when she has a dorm room. There is EVERY REASON for the police to be called on such a person. There is no obvious reason to conclude that she's a student (due to her age and action) and every reason she's just another bum flopping there. The caller, and police, did nothing wrong, and there is nothing to indicate that the incident had anything to do with race. Well, except in the little mind of the whiner that wanted her 5 minutes of fame-and a CNN editor that wants to promote an agenda.
GRADUATE STUDENT...during exams. She was studying and therefore had materials with her.

Graduate students are typically older and that dorm had grad students. The woman who called the police on her is likely an unfocused little sewer rat. She looked WAY older than the girl who was studying. Not to mention dirty...

Old 05-09-2018, 11:37 PM

15,525 posts, read 10,491,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Yale needs to expel the racist trash who harassed this innocent student.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/09/us/ya...rnd/index.html
Was she a RA, they can be real pricks.

Old 05-09-2018, 11:39 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,876,252 times
The title of this thread is inaccurate.
It should be : Miss Panties in a bunch panicked by sleeping student called the police to solicit both a group hug and have sleeping student woken up.

Old 05-09-2018, 11:40 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,583,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
First-she's a 34 year old woman-hardly your typical, expected college student. 2nd, she's sleeping in a "common area" when she has a dorm room. There is EVERY REASON for the police to be called on such a person. There is no obvious reason to conclude that she's a student (due to her age and action) and every reason she's just another bum flopping there. The caller, and police, did nothing wrong, and there is nothing to indicate that the incident had anything to do with race. Well, except in the little mind of the whiner that wanted her 5 minutes of fame-and a CNN editor that wants to promote an agenda.
Years ago, when I was a graduate student, it was not unusual for people to fall asleep studying just about anywhere on campus - the library, the couches in academic buildings, art or design studios - any place they could catch a few ZZZs before getting back to their projects or hitting the books again. This was particularly true when final exams were close at hand.

Old 05-09-2018, 11:42 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,806,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Not all colleges/universities are created equal...sorry not sorry.

Spare me the excuses with the ID. She had a key and an university ID. Nothing short of harassment by jealous people.
Yes, and they checked her ID, so I am not seeing the issue.

Universities are the sight of people who hang around, either gotten booted out from university, or are friends/boy or girls friends of students. A person who got kicked out can in fact still have their ID with them, and even have the key. I still have my school IDs even though I do not attend.

Seems you are just wanting to hop on the "cops are bad" bandwagon and seek to find something to complain about them. They did what is pretty SOP; they checked the ID, verified the ID, went on their way.

And yes, I understand not all colleges are the same, do not know what that has to do with anything. A college does not make someone more or less respectful by mere fact of them going to college. I have no idea why you have this pretentious, nose up attitude towards people just by what their job is. The police fill an important role in society, including the serving of people like you who look down on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies