Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 04:47 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,627,628 times

Advertisements

Yale needs to expel the racist trash who harassed this innocent student.

Quote:
In what is becoming an all-too familiar episode, a black Yale University graduate student was interrogated by campus police officers early Tuesday morning after a white student found her sleeping in a common room of their dorm and called police.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/09/us/ya...rnd/index.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2018, 04:55 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,960,195 times
What a total non-issue. Of course CNN is on it as their owners (Time Warner) desperately try to sow division and hatred between ordinary Americans while they laugh all the way to the bank. Time Warner will be one of the biggest spenders in the upcoming election, funding puppets of big business to crush the common man. All while using the CNN platform to pretend they care about the common people. They are no better than Fox.

Old 05-09-2018, 04:57 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times
Why need to expel the student? What rule did she violate? At that, she is an idiot and cannot seem to keep her nose out of other people's business, but that is not an offense to expel someone over. There is zero proof race, gender, anything was the reason.

The cops I have no idea why are being criticized. They were called to the scene and did a pretty standard thing by asking for ID as proof of being allowed there, because you know, the first time the cops do not respond nor check and a person ends up doing something, they will be sued, reprimanded, etc.

At that, are they now going to headline every trivial thing like this? There are probably thousands of idiotic things that happen similar to this every day.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:30 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Absolutely ridiculous. Anyone who has completed a postgraduate degree has fallen asleep studying. The other student was clearly attempting to cause trouble, likely jealous. This is exam time. She knew just what she was doing and should be suspended or expelled.

The police were ignorant for acting as though there was a problem with her ID. They were well aware of what the ID looks like. I’ll be darned if I am an Ivy League grad student being harassed in my own dorm by jealous people who likely went to community college if any college at all. Glad the young lady made this public.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:39 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Normally I detest the race card being played at the drop of a hat. In this case? I don't what the motivation was. racism or a product of the over sensitive hysterical culture. The culture where we should panic and call the police every time something offends, scares, worries, intimidates,looks or thinks differently than you. The person who called the police was most likely raised in a culture where they have a safe space in every room.

The police did their jobs. Unfortunately they will be slandered for it.
Don't blame the hammer if it is used like a hammer. Blame the idiot swinging it.

Should the girl be suspended or expelled? I don't know. She definitely needs to grow the hell up and learn to mind her own business.
edit:
If I was on the jury if said black student were on trial for thumping said panic attack student. I woulda quit on the grounds of self defense. The black student was attacked. The white students weapon was the police. I would agree with the retaliation.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:49 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Normally I detest the race card being played at the drop of a hat. In this case? I don't what the motivation was. racism or a product of the over sensitive hysterical culture. The culture where we should panic and call the police every time something offends, scares, worries, intimidates,looks or thinks differently than you. The person who called the police was most likely raised in a culture where they have a safe space in every room.

The police did their jobs. Unfortunately they will be slandered for it.
Don't blame the hammer if it is used like a hammer. Blame the idiot swinging it.

Should the girl be suspended or expelled? I don't know. She definitely needs to grow the hell up and learn to mind her own business.
edit:
If I was on the jury if said black student were on trial for thumping said panic attack student. I woulda quit on the grounds of self defense. The black student was attacked. The white students weapon was the police. I would agree with the retaliation.
Right now is final exam time. This is why I believe the girl who called the police should at least be suspended. At this point, people are studying 24-7 so the girl was purposely disrupting this young woman’s preparation.

The police were ok until they began questioning the grad student about the ID itself. The officer failed to ask a sensible question regarding the ID and for that reason appears to be harassing the student as well. Nothing but an attempt to one-up the student because has not accomplished as much in terms of education.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:53 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
(CNN)A white person voices suspicions about an innocuous person of color. Police are summoned. And the encounter is posted on social media, sparking outrage about racial profiling.
In what is becoming an all-too familiar episode,
Calling the police while white! It's the new daily media outrage.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:00 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
The black kid was sleeping in a common area. The white kid flipped on the lights, saw her asleep, and said "You're not supposed to be sleeping here. I'm going to call the police."

It was over sleeping in the common area, not being black in it. Don't know if there's a rule against napping in there.

Then we get to this...

Quote:
Siyonbola pulled out her phone and recorded 54 seconds of a hallway encounter with the unidentified student, who told her, "I have every right to call the police. You cannot sleep in that room."
Reaffirms the student taking issue with the black kid sleeping in the common area.

If it's a rule the girl should have went to the RA and reported the sleeping student. Confronting her was not wise.

The student who called the cops handled it badly but this much I can guarantee you having worked on a college campus in terms of security: if a campus police officer asks you to produce an ID you have to do it as you CONSENTED to those terms as part of your admissions.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:09 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Absolutely ridiculous. Anyone who has completed a postgraduate degree has fallen asleep studying. The other student was clearly attempting to cause trouble, likely jealous. This is exam time. She knew just what she was doing and should be suspended or expelled.

The police were ignorant for acting as though there was a problem with her ID. They were well aware of what the ID looks like. I’ll be darned if I am an Ivy League grad student being harassed in my own dorm by jealous people who likely went to community college if any college at all. Glad the young lady made this public.
Little pretentious are we?

There is a problem with the ID, that is a fact. The police sorted out the issue then everyone went on their way.

Quote:
Right now is final exam time. This is why I believe the girl who called the police should at least be suspended. At this point, people are studying 24-7 so the girl was purposely disrupting this young woman’s preparation.

The police were ok until they began questioning the grad student about the ID itself. The officer failed to ask a sensible question regarding the ID and for that reason appears to be harassing the student as well. Nothing but an attempt to one-up the student because has not accomplished as much in terms of education.
Well technically she was sleeping, so she was not interrupted in her studies.

The police were ok the entire time. There was a discrepancy with the ID, and they sorted it out.

You seemed hinged on this education thing, as if simply going to college makes someone better or worse than any other person.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:16 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,804,457 times
Quote:

One thing I miss about being a student is the ability to fall asleep anywhere at the drop of a hat. Hard to believe she'd never seen anyone fall asleep while studying or writing a paper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies