Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 10:03 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
There is no problem with someone not agreeing with the president. I could claim you guys had Obama Derangement Sydrome; see how that works?

Besides not liking his personality, I also disagree with The Cheeto on policy
Yeah... that double standard thing is baffling.

I can promise people that when Trump is finally out of office I won't have anything to say about him in this section of the forum unless he's up on charges or the like.

Obama is off, living his life, taking vacations, spending time with his wife and he still keeps getting his name dragged into things.

I can kind of understand people bringing up HRC because she wrote a book.

But, come on... how many threads do we need about Pizzagate? That's some crazy, conspiracy-theorist bullcrap.

Old 05-11-2018, 10:19 AM

19,626 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I knew who he was back then and I thought he was slimy. New York, as in "the people in New York with money and influence" did not like him then and they do not like him now.

He's always been a media hound... well, he was until he realized that a lot of the media didn't want him to run the country, even if they did find that putting him on the air was good for viewership.

And the only reason Trump keeps marrying Eastern Bloc women and D-list types like Marla Maples is because he cannot attract anyone else.

He's a boor.

I realize that plenty of people who voted for him would not want to hang around with him or be friends with him, but why am I allegedly suffering from some made-up syndrome because I don't like him and I don't think he's qualified to run the country?

It's just my opinion. I'm not freaking out over it.
I think that Marla Maples thing was a real bust. It was a big scandal at the time. I feel bad for Tiffany.

The media loved using Donald Trump for ratings but the joke was on them when he used the popularity they gave him to do something like... win the presidency. He turned it on them. His supporters like that about him, it's like he had a superpower to punk the elite media. That is such an amazing feat that the media still can't get over it, which is where TDS comes in. They keep at it generating more blame and anger among the left, people like Reiner and Moore, and yes Hillary keep it going. Why don't they look inside and fix their party instead of tripling down on the vitriol? It isn't rational and there's your TDS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2018, 11:04 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I think that Marla Maples thing was a real bust. It was a big scandal at the time. I feel bad for Tiffany.

The media loved using Donald Trump for ratings but the joke was on them when he used the popularity they gave him to do something like... win the presidency. He turned it on them. His supporters like that about him, it's like he had a superpower to punk the elite media. That is such an amazing feat that the media still can't get over it, which is where TDS comes in. They keep at it generating more blame and anger among the left, people like Reiner and Moore, and yes Hillary keep it going. Why don't they look inside and fix their party instead of tripling down on the vitriol? It isn't rational and there's your TDS.
I think there are idiots on both sides, but what far too many Trump supporters who are his biggest cheerleaders do not see is that Donald Trump did not think he was going to win this election. Anyone who is remotely good at reading people could tell by the blood drained out of his face and him looking like he had no clue what to do on election night. One could tell by his wife not being prepared with plans for what to do with their son if they needed to move in January. Anyone who thought they might win would have a plan, regardless of the child's needs, to be there to move in and get settled for the 4 years (or longer) that they might be living in the White House. They would have been ready with ideas for staff to hire and details that needed attending.

They were not.

He did not think he would win because he pretty much did not want to win. He just wanted to win the popular vote. He had it in his mind that he could win the popular vote and HRC would take the electoral college, then he would be able to brag about his popularity and launch a new reality show about campaigning to be president.

He hates this job. You can tell he hates this job. He was used to playing golf all the time, driving cars whenever he wanted, and generally being Donald Trump.

It's just so easy to see it, really. I think he might have liked the job if he'd gotten all the praise, the high attendance at his inauguration, the press still adoring him instead of asking him tough questions...

But, that is not how it went.

The marches right after he got elected was another blow to his ego. He knew people did not like him. He wants to be liked.

Ironically, and I do blame the media for it, he would never have been elected if the media had been asking him tough questions during the actual campaign like they did when they highlighted Sarah Palin's lack of knowledge and fittedness.

I suspect Cruz would have won the primary and a Cruz/Clinton faceoff was still a tossup.

Bottom line? He didn't win because he's a mastermind. He won because he ran a good campaign and the media were so smugly foolish to think that people would not elect him.

So was Clinton.

They all screwed up. They are not going to underestimate his supporters in 2020.

Though, really? I do not think he will run.

Old 05-11-2018, 11:27 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,625,222 times
Fox and Friends plays directly to their master. They know Trump watches their program and they don’t want to offend him. Kissing up is the way they decided to run their program. Pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies