Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 06:53 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,333,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I believe the last one will overshadow the first one and will only be brought up by Obama and Clinton, his newly besties.

President Trump opened many people’s eyes about the true MCCain.

Of course the President and First Lady should not go to his funeral and ignore his passing.
I can't agree with this; as in the wake of Watergate, (now 43 years behind us / Where did it all go?) the majority the nation seeks to be healed, and get on with life.

McCain, obviously, is no longer himself, and can't be due to Fate; best to let him fade from the scene and pass with the dignity he still deserves. Trump can help by not sinking into the partisanship, pettiness and short-sight which ought to be an embarrassment to all of us.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 05-10-2018 at 07:19 AM..

Old 05-10-2018, 07:01 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
The dossier aside, one thing I find amusing is the absolute 180 so many people have done with their opinion of McCain. Both sides. It's bizarro world stuff.

10 years ago, the left wouldn't waste a second in attacking McCain. Now they're praising him. I suppose politics really does make for strange bedfellows. But, is it because they've seen the light? Or is it because he doesn't like Trump?

And whoever said stop calling CNN/MSNBC/etc Fake news...The whole Fox is this or that has been going on well before "fake news" became a well-known phrase.
People don't always pick sides as it fits them. I've had a love/not-love feeling with McCain for quite some time. Since I historically voted republican, up until he ran, I don't think you can hang neat characterizations on Left versus Right. I was actually 100% behind McCain on his run against Obama. Then came Sarah Palin. I gave it some time, but she was so awful and McCain SO old, that I couldn't give him my vote as the campaign wore on and I did a total flip on my vote. First Democratic vote ever. Over time, I've gone back and forth on how I feel about him as a senator, oftentimes having very little to do with how I felt about a particular issue.

I think it's great that he turned over the dossier. Yes, I do not like Trump as president but that's not why I applaud what he did. It was his job, and ANY OTHER PERSON's job, to turn that over to the FBI. I would have applauded if it had been done by anyone no matter who is President.

I honestly can't believe that OP or anyone else here who is "mad" at him for turning it in is thinking objectively. What if someone had a dossier on Obama? Would you be happy if they kept it hidden?

Old 05-10-2018, 07:10 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,697,255 times
As is too often the case in many political threads here at the Forum, the topic of a thread is predicated upon a false notion. In this case the falsehood is built upon the use of the word "false" used in the thread title.
Despite what the shrill tRUMP acolytes shout at fox news, we have no such PROOF at this time that the Steele Dossier was indeed a fake dossier.
Please get your facts straight before you present something here as a "fact".

Old 05-10-2018, 07:12 AM

17,792 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
What if someone had a dossier on Obama? Would you be happy if they kept it hidden?
If there was a similar type of dossier on Obama???? Every word of it would be gospel.

Old 05-10-2018, 07:23 AM

46,276 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
As is too often the case in many political threads here at the Forum, the topic of a thread is predicated upon a false notion. In this case the falsehood is built upon the use of the word "false" used in the thread title.
Despite what the shrill tRUMP acolytes shout at fox news, we have no such PROOF at this time that the Steele Dossier was indeed a fake dossier.
Please get your facts straight before you present something here as a "fact".

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Do tell... what are "factual inaccuracies"? I mean, your link say's that in the very first few sentences....

Are those lies?

Old 05-10-2018, 08:03 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Hated by who, you ? I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked. If McCain had accepted everything your goofy leader said and did, you would be loving McCain in every thread you post. But John has the integrity and guts to say what is right.

You may hate him, but most people, like me, respect and admire John McCain for a lifelong commitment to doing what is right for America.
McCain has a brain disease that's ravaging his brain. Anything he says or does now is suspect.

How many democrats or leftist coming to his defense now voted for him when he ran for President ?

Yeah, stupid question, no need to answer, he was soundly defeated mainly because everyone, even many on the right, knew he was a war monger. He traveled all over the world and was never in a country he would hesitate to bomb. People knew that and rejected him.
Now he is the lefts hero. Its as if his brain injury is contagious and the left takes no measures to protect themselves. We're all in with McCain now they say but we hated him until he joined us. %^&@^&*()

Old 05-10-2018, 08:44 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Two McCains:

The first is the one that refused release from a POW prison because others had been their longer.

The other is the McCain that stayed too long in DC and became contaminated by it.

He will be remembered for both.
Well said. While I'm sure Mccain thought he was speaking his mind and being his own man he became bitter after losing to Obama. There were many times after that election I deeply regretted voting for him.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:57 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
People don't always pick sides as it fits them. I've had a love/not-love feeling with McCain for quite some time. Since I historically voted republican, up until he ran, I don't think you can hang neat characterizations on Left versus Right. I was actually 100% behind McCain on his run against Obama. Then came Sarah Palin. I gave it some time, but she was so awful and McCain SO old, that I couldn't give him my vote as the campaign wore on and I did a total flip on my vote. First Democratic vote ever. Over time, I've gone back and forth on how I feel about him as a senator, oftentimes having very little to do with how I felt about a particular issue.

I think it's great that he turned over the dossier. Yes, I do not like Trump as president but that's not why I applaud what he did. It was his job, and ANY OTHER PERSON's job, to turn that over to the FBI. I would have applauded if it had been done by anyone no matter who is President.

I honestly can't believe that OP or anyone else here who is "mad" at him for turning it in is thinking objectively. What if someone had a dossier on Obama? Would you be happy if they kept it hidden?
I imagine that a lot of people were torn when McCain chose Palin as his running mate.
There was just no way that would end well.

It is odd how so many seem to think that McCain should have squelched the dossier to what, protect Trump?

Why?
If there's nothing to hide, why shouldn't it have been passed along?

Old 05-10-2018, 09:03 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I imagine that a lot of people were torn when McCain chose Palin as his running mate.
There was just no way that would end well.

It is odd how so many seem to think that McCain should have squelched the dossier to what, protect Trump?

Why?
If there's nothing to hide, why shouldn't it have been passed along?
Exactly. It was not up to McCain to investigate this. That's the FBI's job.

Don Jr. would've been wise to pass on the information about that meeting with the Russian spy. Let the FBI figure out what was going on.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:05 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
McCain has a brain disease that's ravaging his brain. Anything he says or does now is suspect.

How many democrats or leftist coming to his defense now voted for him when he ran for President ?

Yeah, stupid question, no need to answer, he was soundly defeated mainly because everyone, even many on the right, knew he was a war monger. He traveled all over the world and was never in a country he would hesitate to bomb. People knew that and rejected him.
Now he is the lefts hero. Its as if his brain injury is contagious and the left takes no measures to protect themselves. We're all in with McCain now they say but we hated him until he joined us. %^&@^&*()
Another poster who seems to think only in binary terms.

It is possible to not want someone to be president and yet still agree with some of their positions/actions.

We see posts here everyday from Trump supporters who say that they hate his personal history but overlooked that to vote for him.

How is not voting for McCain but applauding him for doing the right thing on occasion any different?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies