Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2018, 07:41 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
If there was no Isreal, and if America did not support its terrorist policies, there will be no threat to America.
Israel is the cause of of terror everywhere.
And more anti Semitic nonsense. Read my earlier response and be educated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2018, 07:44 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,442,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
The Seige of Jerusalem initially pushed the Jews out of the holy land. That was arguably the start of the modern day Arab-Israeli conflict. Over the years, Jews and Arabs fight back and forth for the land, with the British Mandate (generally pro-Arab) preceding the independence of the state of Israel. The British empire was not kind to the Jews... nor was Europe at the time (obviously).

So no, I do not believe the Israelis to be terrorists. Quite the opposite actually.

Uhhh..actually..it was the Romans who, when they got fed up with the Jews, destroyed Israel and scattered the Jews--known in historical terms as the Diaspora. In fact, the Diaspora started in the 6th century b.c. with the end of the Babylonian enslavement---some Jews went home..others stayed.

Since the Jews had the opportunity to return home--bringing with them their newly won literacy, I think the Roman dispersal is what 'pushed' the Jews out of the land that 4 religions consider holy.

No one was kind to the Jews. Not for long, anyway.

Old 05-16-2018, 07:45 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Show me the bombs.
Sorry, any group that hides behind civilians and kids, puts rocket launchers in hospitals and apartment buildings etc,etc,etc are cowards and terrorists...

Quote:
Throughout the day, Gaza protesters set tires ablaze, sending thick plumes of black smoke into the air, and hurled firebombs and stones toward Israeli troops across the border. The Israeli military, which has come under international criticism for using excessive force against unarmed protesters, said Hamas tried to carry out bombing and shooting attacks under the cover of the protests and released video of protesters ripping away parts of the barbed-wire border fence.
Israeli soldiers shoot and kill at least 52 Palestinians during mass protests in Gaza | Canada Live News

Old 05-16-2018, 08:17 AM

1,675 posts, read 576,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Exactly. Israel merely defended itself against radical Islamists who violently tried to breach the Israeli security fence. While I don't rejoice at the loss of life, Israel did nothing that any other country faced with a violent invasion would do. Let's stop treating Israel different because it is a Jewish state!
Those people were killed for getting close to the fence, not for "trying to breach the fence", in other words they were murdered for protesting.

Israel had warned that it would use live ammunition, dropping leaflets cautioning that anyone who came within about 300 yards of the fence would be in danger.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.c55870e6cef2

Old 05-16-2018, 08:38 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,818,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
Those people were killed for getting close to the fence, not for "trying to breach the fence", in other words they were murdered for protesting.
There were 30,000 people trying to get close to the fence and Israel shot 55 of them. You really think the Israeli army are that poor at shooting?

And you really think that out of 30,000 Palestinians, there were no Hamas terrorists hurling bombs and trying to breach the fence? Who are you kidding?

Old 05-16-2018, 08:52 AM

This article from the JPOST has a couple of videos of Palestinians trying to breach the fence and also throwing firebombs over it.

https://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-C...rotests-556386

Please watch those videos before trying to claim this is only a peaceful protest.

Old 05-16-2018, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
There were 30,000 people trying to get close to the fence and Israel shot 55 of them. You really think the Israeli army are that poor at shooting?

And you really think that out of 30,000 Palestinians, there were no Hamas terrorists hurling bombs and trying to breach the fence? Who are you kidding?
They killed at least 55 but shot hundreds to their legs. If you think i'm kidding listen to an sraelí veteran.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wi2D8mbaCpk

Old 05-16-2018, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
They killed at least 55 but shot hundreds to their legs. If you think i'm kidding listen to an sraelí veteran.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wi2D8mbaCpk
Why would I listen to a video from last August?

The videos in the article I referenced were from two days ago. Did you watch them?

Old 05-16-2018, 09:08 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,425,885 times
Quote:
This article from the JPOST has a couple of videos of Palestinians trying to breach the fence and also throwing firebombs over it.

https://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-C...rotests-556386

Please watch those videos before trying to claim this is only a peaceful protest.
Rocks, not fire bombs, if there were any, they came after the shooting started.

Old 05-16-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Why would I listen to a video from last August?

The videos in the article I referenced were from two days ago. Did you watch them?
I did watch them. I never said they are peaceful protests. I have said palestinian are stupids for protesting, knowing perfectly well they are going to be killed. They rather die and kill than live under ocupación. The video I posted talks about the overall problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies