Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2019, 07:58 PM

35,061 posts, read 16,995,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Israel controls access to the Jordan River and the regional aquifer. It was written into the Oslo Agreement. But what has that got to do with the question of whether Israel is a terrorist state? Are you saying it is OK to mistreat people if they don't have their own water supply? Israel doesn't want them to be able to have their own water because Israel uses it as a terrorist tool to force them off their lands.
I am saying that before June 1967 the Arabs, err Palestinians, never did much in the way of constructive activity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
I have a huge problem with us meddling in other governments in other countries around the world.
So it goes without saying, I have a huge problem when other countries meddle in our government.
There are many duel citizens in our government that no need to be thrown out.
Their bias puts puts this country second over their home country.
Are you accusing me of dual loyalty? And in our country's history, Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton were "duel citizens."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2019, 09:36 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I am saying that before June 1967 the Arabs, err Palestinians, never did much in the way of constructive activity.Are you accusing me of dual loyalty? And in our country's history, Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton were "duel citizens."
No one has to accuse you of dual loyalty. Judaism is inherently single-loyalty to itself. As the system more than illustrates, and that any honest Rabbi would state.

Old 02-03-2019, 10:16 AM

35,061 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Israel was created on stolen land by the power of far-away nations. Israel grew and needed more land so they waged war against their neighbors and stole their lands for settlements. To hold those lands, they brutalize and mistreat the people who once owned them. They sound a lot like another country we all know intimately.
Sieg Heil!
Though I agree that the post by Ponderosa is unfortunate I do not believe in violating Godwin's Rule.

Old 02-03-2019, 12:31 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,076 times
I sympathize with Palestinians truly, but Israel is not a "terror state." They have the most humane military force in the world.

Old 02-03-2019, 01:10 PM

18,465 posts, read 15,244,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
No one has to accuse you of dual loyalty. Judaism is inherently single-loyalty to itself. As the system more than illustrates, and that any honest Rabbi would state.
You are so full of crap. Have you ever sat in on any services at a synagogue? I venture to say no. I’m not religious so I barely go myself these days, but I have attended hundreds of services in my lifetime. Orthodox, conservative, and reformed. Not once has any of your quotes been part of the service.

Go ahead, see for yourself on any given Saturday morning or Friday night. Most of the books have the English translations right there on the page for you.

I dont know if your quotes are even real, but giving you the benefit of the doubt that they are, it is just a bunch of stuff written thousands of years ago that have no relevance to today.

As far as your “single loyalty” comment, go tell that to my ancestors and other Jews who have served in the US military. You can be a loyal American and still see the need for Israel to exist. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Old 02-03-2019, 01:18 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
You are so full of crap. Have you ever sat in on any services at a synagogue? I venture to say no. I’m not religious so I barely go myself these days, but I have attended hundreds of services in my lifetime. Orthodox, conservative, and reformed. Not once has any of your quotes been part of the service.

Go ahead, see for yourself on any given Saturday morning or Friday night. Most of the books have the English translations right there on the page for you.

I dont know if your quotes are even real, but giving you the benefit of the doubt that they are, it is just a bunch of stuff written thousands of years ago that have no relevance to today.

As far as your “single loyalty” comment, go tell that to my ancestors and other Jews who have served in the US military. You can be a loyal American and still see the need for Israel to exist. The two are not mutually exclusive.
Say, doc, I don't want to engage directly with Golgi, but what if anything should we do in response to his postings? I'm a Jew who has gone through years of Hebrew School and Sunday School, attend Torah classes regularly, and have participated in services all my life, and I've never heard of any of those quotes. And what is the purpose of posting these quotes, anyway? No good can come of them, other than to drive hatred of Jews.

Old 02-03-2019, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Say, doc, I don't want to engage directly with Golgi, but what if anything should we do in response to his postings? I'm a Jew who has gone through years of Hebrew School and Sunday School, attend Torah classes regularly, and have participated in services all my life, and I've never heard of any of those quotes. And what is the purpose of posting these quotes, anyway? No good can come of them, other than to drive hatred of Jews.
We both know what the purpose of posting these quotes is, and I’m confident that most other people reading, do as well.

Being loyal Americans who believe in the constitution, the only thing to do is counter his nonsense with the truth.

Old 02-03-2019, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Quote:
We both know what the purpose of posting these quotes is, and I’m confident that most other people reading, do as well.

Being loyal Americans who believe in the constitution, the only thing to do is counter his nonsense with the truth.
Thanks. I tried to refute him previously, and he reported me for being hostile (or whatever), and thus I'm torn between revealing how wrong he is and ignoring him entirely. I hope, as you state, that everyone reading his posts sees them for what they are.

Old 02-03-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Thanks. I tried to refute him previously, and he reported me for being hostile (or whatever), and thus I'm torn between revealing how wrong he is and ignoring him entirely. I hope, as you state, that everyone reading his posts sees them for what they are.
I think the cast of characters is pretty well known here. It’s funny, and a little ironic, that he reported you for being “hostile”. I often ignore stuff, because in the end, it doesn’t really matter. 99% of the time, people here are going to leave with the same biases they came with, regardless of what he, or anybody else, says. No reason to let it get to you.

Old 02-03-2019, 02:01 PM

Quote:
I think the cast of characters is pretty well known here. It’s funny, and a little ironic, that he reported you for being “hostile”. I often ignore stuff, because in the end, it doesn’t really matter. 99% of the time, people here are going to leave with the same biases they came with, regardless of what he, or anybody else, says. No reason to let it get to you.
Thanks again. Good perspective to keep in mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies