Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 01:05 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,118,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Vietnam was a war similar to the Spanish-American War, no true act of aggression to drive us into war. Do you think the same of say the Civil War, the Revolutionary War or World War II where acts of aggression drives us into a war?
The War Against Southern Independence was exactly that.

The Revolutionary War was a war of secession, just like the Civil War--only the good guys won that time.

WWII in Europe was none of our business. FDR knew Japan was going to attack Pearl Harbor and allowed to happen. Besides, Hawaii was stolen land and never rightfully belonged to the U.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2018, 01:15 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
The War Against Southern Independence was exactly that.

The Revolutionary War was a war of secession, just like the Civil War--only the good guys won that time.

WWII in Europe was none of our business. FDR knew Japan was going to attack Pearl Harbor and allowed to happen. Besides, Hawaii was stolen land and never rightfully belonged to the U.S.
The South was mad that the north didn't recognize their secession and continued to man the fort at Fort Sumptner and the SOUTH attacked union forces.
WW2 the Germans declared war on the minute we declared war on Japan due to pre-order and their Alliance with Japan. We didn't ask for Germans to war with us.
Do you have proof that FDR truly knew Pearl Harbor would actually happen or is it more conspiracy theory conjecture? I mean isn't most CIA reports of suspected terrorist activity unconfirmed? How many alleged attacks were just warnings that went nowhere, not even an arrest?
Regardless of how we took over Hawaii (Which I'll agree wasn't great as neither was western expansion into Native territories), Hawaii was our land. It wasn't Japan's so they wouldn't have any right to attack us. The only who would is the Hawaiians themselves.

Old 05-12-2018, 02:14 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,118,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The South was mad that the north didn't recognize their secession and continued to man the fort at Fort Sumptner and the SOUTH attacked union forces.
WW2 the Germans declared war on the minute we declared war on Japan due to pre-order and their Alliance with Japan. We didn't ask for Germans to war with us.
Do you have proof that FDR truly knew Pearl Harbor would actually happen or is it more conspiracy theory conjecture? I mean isn't most CIA reports of suspected terrorist activity unconfirmed? How many alleged attacks were just warnings that went nowhere, not even an arrest?
Regardless of how we took over Hawaii (Which I'll agree wasn't great as neither was western expansion into Native territories), Hawaii was our land. It wasn't Japan's so they wouldn't have any right to attack us. The only who would is the Hawaiians themselves.
I don't agree with the CSA's pre-emptive attack, but I can somewhat sympathize.

The McCollum memo is pretty much a smoking gun. Read Rear Admiral Robert Alfred Theobald's 1954 book
The Final Secret of Pearl Harbor: The Washington Background of the Pearl Harbor Attack

FDR was warned 3 days before Pearl Harbor "In anticipation of open conflict with this country, Japan is vigorously utilizing every available agency to secure military, naval and commercial information, paying particular attention to the West Coast, the Panama Canal and the Territory of Hawaii."

If the U.S. hadn't illegally colonized Hawaii Pearl Harbor would never have happened.

Old 05-12-2018, 02:22 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
McCain is not a very nice person. His comments lately are bitter and resentful. We all die. He had a long and very privileged life. Many people do not and die very young, poor and just exist day to day with nothing to look forward to. They never had much in this life and when they die no one is there for them. McCain will get the star treatment when he leaves this earth.

Old 05-12-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Why are Republicans always worried about leaking?

Why not just behave honorably? Then you don't have to worry about who knows what?
The dirty FBI has their listening devices all over the white house.

Old 05-12-2018, 02:24 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,755,476 times
I despise McCain's politics but this admin is only interested in the "win". Ethics, morals and human decency be damned......

Old 05-12-2018, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The dirty FBI has their listening devices all over the white house.
Wait. I'm confused. I thought Trumpistas just LOVED law enforcement. So many boots to lick and sooooo little time. At the RNC convention I thought their tounges were gonna dry out from all that boot licking. Ohhh wait. That's only when law Enforcement is roughing up brown people.... Incredible.....

Old 05-12-2018, 02:53 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
I don't agree with the CSA's pre-emptive attack, but I can somewhat sympathize.

The McCollum memo is pretty much a smoking gun. Read Rear Admiral Robert Alfred Theobald's 1954 book
The Final Secret of Pearl Harbor: The Washington Background of the Pearl Harbor Attack

FDR was warned 3 days before Pearl Harbor "In anticipation of open conflict with this country, Japan is vigorously utilizing every available agency to secure military, naval and commercial information, paying particular attention to the West Coast, the Panama Canal and the Territory of Hawaii."

If the U.S. hadn't illegally colonized Hawaii Pearl Harbor would never have happened.
That is lot of landspace to cover don't 'cha think? It is like many of the terrorist threats of potential attack where they made a wide canvas of potential sites of attack. It is not as if there was a specific statement of we will attack X (Which even that sometimes has proven to have been a bluff...)

As for the annexation of Hawaii, it is murky due to the details of the Kingdom of Hawaii becoming the Republic of Hawaii in 1893. It isn't as clear as say the U.S. declaring the areas not covered in the Louisiana Purchase as U.S. territory. That said, why would that allow Japan to attack them?

What I see with WW2 was a lot of irrefutable reasons to go to war including violence and threats of it. I can say this as soon as I mentioned the truth about US involvement in the European theater of war, was not by US choice but rather being declared war on by Germany and your deflection on the Civil War as well.

Old 05-12-2018, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Wait. I'm confused. I thought Trumpistas just LOVED law enforcement. So many boots to lick and sooooo little time. At the RNC convention I thought their tounges were gonna dry out from all that boot licking. Ohhh wait. That's only when law Enforcement is roughing up brown people.... Incredible.....
The dirty FBI who are the elite are corrupt. They think they have all power and that breeds corruption. Mueller who had complete control and power over this witch hunt is a good example. He is not looking at his own corruption or in the FBI ranks. They redact every part of their papers for the cover up of their corrupt actions.. that is proof they are corrupt as hell.

Old 05-12-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The dirty FBI who are the elite are corrupt. They think they have all power and that breeds corruption. Mueller who had complete control and power over this witch hunt is a good example. He is not looking at his own corruption or in the FBI ranks. They redact every part of their papers for the cover up of their corrupt actions.. that is proof they are corrupt as hell.
But but but........... I thought we were just supposed to "comply"....... Don't resist. Right.???? Clarify. Do we respect law enforcement or not? Can't have it both ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies