Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 01:05 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,127,019 times

Advertisements

I'm only posting this because I'm completely blown away by the two versions of what happened in this situation. One version is provided by the "victim" in the form of a video produced after the incident in question occurred, while the other version is provided by the "Officer" in the form of actual unedited body cam footage.

I'm just blown away at why the woman would make up such bs. It really makes you wonder. Equally important is after watching her video, who wouldn't believe her and how many protests, officer being disciplined/fired, yada yada yada could have occurred as a result?

South Carolina woman's claims of being harassed by 'white cop' are questioned as new footage emerges | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2018, 02:35 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,051 times
It is a sad day when a routine speeding ticket (70 in a 55) is viewed as a racial incident. I suspect she sees racism in every facet of her life.

Old 05-11-2018, 03:05 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
It is a sad day when a routine speeding ticket (70 in a 55) is viewed as a racial incident. I suspect she sees racism in every facet of her life.

We see that here, too, from some posters who shall remain nameless.

Old 05-11-2018, 03:22 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
And the dummy is recording and crying while driving.....lol.

She was doing 15 over - not 5 or 7 over or whatever she says. Whenever I drive in other states I always avoid driving anything over the limit at all because cops look for out of state plates knowing you're unlikely to show up in court and will just pay it.

I was afraid...it looked like he was ready to pull me out of my car..
..this is where we got lynched.

Controlling....bullying...

He sarcastically told me to have a nice day (what he said was have a safe day and thanked her).

Oh, Lord...what a drama queen on top of being a liar.

Old 05-11-2018, 03:57 PM

24,411 posts, read 23,065,142 times
What's sad is that when an actual racism event occurs people will have doubts because this idiot woman and others make up lies and act so stupidly. She needs to make a public apology to that officer. And she needs to apologize to the African americans she also offended.

Old 05-11-2018, 04:37 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,137,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post

I'm just blown away at why the woman would make up such bs. It really makes you wonder. Equally important is after watching her video, who wouldn't believe her and how many protests, officer being disciplined/fired, yada yada yada could have occurred as a result?
Nothing would have resulted from this even if people did believe her.
The D.A. and police chiefs protect cops. Theres no way any kind of accusations like this would result in charges.

Youre thinking of it backwards. When cops arrest/charge citizens that actually didnt do anything wrong, peoples lives get ruined.

You might want to do your research before saying that, there arent any police stories online about cops getting charged/fired/jailed from only an accusation.
Police only get charged when the proof is so damning that they have to indict, and MAYBE the cop will get sentenced.

Old 05-11-2018, 05:17 PM

5,741 posts, read 4,699,967 times
Oh good lord, lady. Not everything in life is racism. You were doing 15mph over. That's a ticket almost every time no matter what color the driver is.

Good grief.

Old 05-11-2018, 05:26 PM

4,056 posts, read 2,135,556 times
Back in the day, there was only one Rosa Parks---but now so many people are claiming to fight what they claim is the good fight against injustice. It gets them their fifteen minutes of fame, something most people of any color want these days (unlike Rosa Parks, who just wanted to quietly get home). It elevates them to rock star status----that they were allegedly victimized, so they are now playing an important role in speaking up about it. And in instances like this, it may even get traffic tickets dropped!

This woman dug her own grave. She refuses to sign the ticket and says she will hire a lawyer. Why? She claimed she didn't see any speed limit signs, so then how can she claim she was going under the speed limit when she didn't know what the speed limit is? She said she felt bullied. Turns out not because the cop did anything threatening. He was quite polite and calm. But because African Americans were lynched in Virginia centuries ago and because the cop has a gun. So what---cops shouldn't have guns now because it makes other people feel threatened?

Locally we have a similar case. A 65 year old woman was pulled over by the police for drifting lanes. She refused to sign the ticket, so they asked her to get out of the car to be arrested for disorderly conduct and refusing to sign. She still refused to get out and asked for a supervisor. They said they called a supervisor but still wanted her out of the car. Another cop came for backup and yanked her out of the car. He shouldn't have yanked her, but I'm not sure he injured her. And how else would you get someone out of the car when they refuse? Let them sit there for the next week? (He also used profanity, which he shouldn't have---not racial, just swearing at her to get the f out of the car.)

She immediately hired a lawyer and the black Georgia congressional caucus is giving her the Rosa Parks rock star treatment, referring to her as a mother and grandmother who is a pillar of the community. They constantly refer to her as "Mother Campbell." Hello? Why isn't she just Rose or Mrs. Campbell? If a cop called her Grandma, that would be deemed disrespectful. And of course they are making a big deal out of her age. So 65 yos should just do whatever they want?

The ticket was dismissed. The chief of police immediately said they were looking into the incident. The cop was suspended. He quit, saying he would never get a fair internal affairs investigation. I think he's right---more important to appease the black community than to really determine whether there was wrongdoing, beyond the profanity.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...black-woman-65

https://thegrio.com/2018/05/11/read-...ther-from-car/

It's going to be scary if we have to live in a world where people don't have to sign summons or comply with police. I'd say that if it was rich seventeen year old white girls who don't have to. Or the head of a tech company who is an Asian-American male.

Because I believe in equality, I believe that people of all colors drift lanes and speed. (I have a smart car that has alerted me.) But to hear minorities tell it, they are being unfairly harassed/bullied/given racist treatment.

Old 05-11-2018, 05:40 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
The dingbat got what she deserved.

Old 05-11-2018, 05:49 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
The problem with people like this is that they give the bootlickers justification for more police worship.

It takes away from stories like these:

New Video Of Police Takedown Revives Police Brutality Claims « CBS Denver
Watch: New Video Resurrects Brutality Claims Against Female College Student

South Florida Police Release Video of Deputy Shooting Ex-Girlfriend

Cop Raped Woman who Reported Rape by Second Cop – his Friend –Indictment States
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies