Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2018, 07:26 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Correct.

There was shooting yesterday and look at the coverage it is getting.

Then look at the coverage the story got where a School Resource Officer STOPPED multiple deaths and injuries BECAUSE HE WAS ARMED AND CONFRONTED THE SHOOTER UNLIKE the guard AND police in Fla.

The bodies aren't even cold yet an the Lame Steam Media is ALL agog about gun "control".
Well perhaps the media is more concerned with the fact that guns are representative of the nature of the deed from being necessary for it's genesis?

You'll note I'm sure, that a firearm in the hands of a 'til then, law abiding person' was used to start the ball rolling. Another firearm would not have been necessary had the first one not been available and used.

Perhaps that's the message the MSM is attempting to relate?

As an aside ....... MSM: "this is the deadliest school shooting since Parkland". A scant three months ago!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2018, 09:14 AM

25,689 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
You've just eloquently described the idiocy of a whole demographic of people needing their firearms to protect themselves from another whole demographic having firearms.. Had you not allowed their proliferation, you'd not have your current problem. Something in your heads stopped linear logic application beyond the silly "it's our right to own one" while forgetting it's also the criminal's and mentally defective rights to attain one until they're deemed criminal or insane. Too late then, eh?

Face the irrefutable fact the U.S. is an outlier among first world civilized nations who figured it out decades ago and in the interim have benefitted demonstrably.

Those who would use this event as proof of anything other than insane people can and will perform atrocities upon the unsuspecting are leveraging a tragedy to suit an agenda. Guns have proven to prevent none of this stuff when it happens in a like manner.
The idea of making the victims of violent crimes defenseless in order to prevent violent crimes is something that only a person with a profound lack of reasoning ability could possibly believe.

And if the rest of the world is so wonderful, why aren't you there? And if you are there, why are you meddling in our business?

Old 05-21-2018, 09:39 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
The idea of making the victims of violent crimes defenseless in order to prevent violent crimes is something that only a person with a profound lack of reasoning ability could possibly believe.

And if the rest of the world is so wonderful, why aren't you there? And if you are there, why are you meddling in our business?
The "reasoning ability" demonstrated by a country's citizens feeling the fear induced need to be armed to defend themselves from each other? Brother! That's a "reasoning ability" I hope never to emulate.

You folks don't have any compunction about "meddling" by expressing your spurious opinions in other country's affairs and only need peruse these very boards to glean proof of that. Soooooo..... stuff your "meddling" where the sun don't shine.,...sunshine.

Old 05-21-2018, 09:45 AM

25,689 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
The "reasoning ability" demonstrated by a country's citizens feeling the fear induced need to be armed to defend themselves from each other? Brother! That's a "reasoning ability" I hope never to emulate.

You folks don't have any compunction about "meddling" by expressing your spurious opinions in other country's affairs and only need peruse these very boards to glean proof of that. Soooooo..... stuff your "meddling" where the sun don't shine.,...sunshine.
I do not meddle in the affairs of other nations. I may have opinions, but basically feel that it is their country and they can do anything they wish to do. None of my business. YES, that includes the US military (if you were going to bring that up). Bring them home where they belong and stay out of foreign affairs unless they directly affect the livelihood of US citizens WITHIN the US borders.

As for the gun thing: it has nothing to do with fear. It has more to do with basic logic. I carry a jack in my car in order to change a flat tire, not because I am afraid of my tire.

Do you enjoy browbeating rather than discussing? And with your disrespectful tone, you've obviously never been a victim of an assault from a "fellow citizen." I have. Until you have, you really have no perspective on the matter other than what your propaganda machine belches out.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:01 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
As for the gun thing: it has nothing to do with fear. It has more to do with basic logic. I carry a jack in my car in order to change a flat tire, not because I am afraid of my tire.
I have owned a home non stop for thirty years, and have always carried home owner's insurance, even well after my mortgage was paid off. I also keep fire extinguishers. I am not afraid of a fire, but they are good to have just in case.

Quote:
Do you enjoy browbeating rather than discussing? And with your disrespectful tone, you've obviously never been a victim of an assault from a "fellow citizen." I have. Until you have, you really have no perspective on the matter other than what your propaganda machine belches out.
No, they don't want to discuss they want to insult. Even the highly educated, and successful among us are redneck, "Bubba's", with beer bellies, and we are also all "gun nuts".

Old 05-21-2018, 10:16 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
I've been hearing lots of talk on media about 'talking' about the problem and different solutions.

Some involve some gun control, some involve some kind of mental health awareness issues,

I don't see any media focusing on one thing to solve the problem.

I do find that folks hear what they want. Folks who don't want any more gun control measures only hear folks talking about gun control. Folks who want gun control measures only hear those folks defending no gun control talk about mental health issues and video games.

if you listen carefully -- you can hear that this is a multi-faceted problem and there is not one solution fits all.

But you have to listen......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies