Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 09:08 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,789,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
What about that part?
It is the preface of the 2A. If it means nothing, why was it included?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2018, 09:09 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,361,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Funny the government prohibits armor piercing rounds for civilians but the Geneva Convention prohibits soft point expanding rounds (in other words, standard hunting rounds) for military use.

I know that if I had to choose to be shot by one or the other, I'd pick the AP round as it would punch a clean hole straight through without expanding, causing less damage and giving me a better shot at surviving the experience.

Not like AP bullets are ultra-deadly mini nukes or something. They are just better at penetrating hard targets.
Most militaries around the planet zeroed in on jacketed rounds being preferred so that injuring and disabling a combatant would require additional manpower to extricate and care for him. A person on the battlefield busily dressing a wound and taking one end of a litter is not firing a weapon at you.

Old 05-11-2018, 09:15 PM

5,291 posts, read 2,330,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
It is the preface of the 2A. If it means nothing, why was it included?
I'm kind of confused on the point you're making. What means nothing?

Old 05-11-2018, 09:17 PM

36,858 posts, read 17,222,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Can you give one example in which the shooting death of a law enforcement officer was justified?
Justified as in legal or justified as in moral?

Old 05-11-2018, 09:18 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,459,918 times
Quote:
Can you give one example in which the shooting death of a law enforcement officer was justified?
Might want to Google no knock raids that resulted in officers going off of bad information/wrong house and getting taken for home invaders...

Old 05-11-2018, 09:21 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,333,199 times
Quote:
Yes! Twice here, when the Sheriff Dept was doing no knock raids years back and busted into the wrong house and got their ass shot.
They quit no knock raids.

Old 05-11-2018, 09:27 PM

5,291 posts, read 2,330,448 times
Quote:
One example? I can do an obvious one... Germans killing their own Nazi law enforcers.

I can sum it up pretty easily though. In any situation where it would be justified to kill a regular person, the same applies to law enforcement.

Any scenario you can imagine where you'd be justified in shooting a common citizen, nothing changes if that person has a badge.

Old 05-11-2018, 09:32 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,086,232 times
Quote:
Ray Shetler Jr. not guilty in deadly police officer shooting | TribLIVE

In my view, if a cop or group of cops breaks down someone's door, then the occupant of that home or business has the right to self-defense.

Old 05-11-2018, 09:35 PM

32,817 posts, read 19,355,726 times
Quote:
The NRA fought for the “Lawful Purpose and Self-Defense Act" which denies the government authority to reclassify bullets as “armor piercing ammunition.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.90569e3b02f6

Doesn't the NRA understand that this puts our law enforcement at risk?
and you don't understand that many ''bad guys''' ie criminals...ie the scum that liberals support...are wearing armor as they break into peoples homes and business

Old 05-11-2018, 09:45 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,086,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
...many ''bad guys''' ie criminals...ie the scum that liberals support...are wearing armor as they break into peoples homes and business
I'm far from a liberal, but please explain how they "support" people who violate the property rights of homeowners and business owners through burglary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies