Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 02:49 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,640,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Anyone can post stupid meme's on Facebook.
Uh, to the contrary, Foreign governments are not allowed to PAY to post stupid memes (ads) on FB prior to an election.

You are really reaching. It's clearly been declared illegal...by Congress...even Republicans!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2018, 02:58 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,099,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Uh, to the contrary, Foreign governments are not allowed to PAY to post stupid memes (ads) on FB prior to an election.

You are really reaching. It's clearly been declared illegal...by Congress...even Republicans!
Tell Mueller to step up and prosecute his indictment. It's not going to happen.

Old 05-12-2018, 03:02 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,109,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Thomas Jefferson:

“I hope we shall crush… in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country.”
Like I said, corporations are State creations.

One shouldn't have to get the State's blessing to voluntarily join up with other like-minded individuals to form a company offering goods and services.

Old 05-12-2018, 03:36 PM

21,430 posts, read 10,526,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Oh for Gods sake, Mike Kelly expressed that it's time to do things for Americans and stop with the race baiting. Of course Maxine Watters is going to flap those lips and pull the race card, that's all she sees. Maxine Watters doesn't want good race relations, it's the only card she has.

Maxine Watters... same old tired bull sh*t
Well, she did have a point about the car dealerships taking advantage of women. We know it happens. We also know mechanics will take advantage thinking women don’t know about car repair, but these days they probably do it to a lot of men too because many of them don’t know a lot about car repair.

Old 05-12-2018, 03:39 PM

21,430 posts, read 10,526,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
tell him we are going to confiscate the Facebook url as a matter of national security - no shots fired. cost to American people: $25 for domain transfer. Code name for this operation is "Go Daddy".
Wow, really? Who is “we”?

Old 05-12-2018, 03:54 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 6 hours ago)

29,473 posts, read 16,469,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yep, I've been saying since the left freaked out that they were making Putin a very happy man. They didn't have the common sense to know that chaos in our democracy is exactly what Putin and Russians want. Duh!

Democrats, Liberals, and Progressives were played by the Russians
You clearly didn't read the link and look at the ads if you think this was only targeted at the left .

Old 05-12-2018, 05:03 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,099,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You clearly didn't read the link and look at the ads if you think this was only targeted at the left .
I've never seen these supposed ads.

Old 05-12-2018, 05:51 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,330,817 times
According to the book Game Change, after the 2008 primaries Hillary Clinton said that she wished she could get access to internal memos of the Obama campaign, because she believed that race-baiting (i.e. sowing discord) was a major strategy.

I saw Candace Owens a few days ago say that there is going to be some sort of race relations summit at the White House in October. Only time will tell, but I think it's possible that history will view Pres. Obama as having moved the country backwards, while Trump moved us forwards towards MLK's dream.

Old 05-12-2018, 06:05 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,717,066 times
Quote:
Hundreds of ads mixed race and policing, with many mimicking Black Lives Matter activists that melded real news events with accusations of abuse by white officers.

That type of subversion only hurts legitimate efforts to calm tensions over policing and hate crimes, said Derrick Johnson, president and CEO of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Johnson said the Russian ads likely helped to fuel “hateful, xenophobic rhetoric” throughout the 2016 presidential campaign.
The went for the easiest targets. The Russians apparently know that it's insanely easy to whip up anger in black America. You can get black America rioting in the streets based on completely made up stories and the Russians took advantage of that.

I believe there was also some kind of White Nationalist fake site. Two problems there. The Racists Right didn't fall for it and there really aren't enough of them to really do much.

I've yet to see anything that indicates that Russia was picking a winner. Seems they just wanted to get Americans pissed off at each other. They succeeded because certain groups are gullible useful idiots.

Old 05-12-2018, 07:36 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 6 hours ago)

29,473 posts, read 16,469,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I've never seen these supposed ads.
You understand that you not seeing them doesn't mean it didn't happen right ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies