Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 06:33 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Wow, surprised that Republican hate those who attempt to reach across the aisle as well as war heroes. I thought Republicans worshipped the military but I guess not those who get caught. Of course they did elect someone whose own Vietnam war was fighting to not get STD's and said that POW's were not heroes.

I am an Independent so currently I can not stand most Republicans and as for Dems, there are a few that I like but many I can not stand either.
There's "reaching across the aisle" and then there's "turning your back on the voters who want you to represent their wishes". McCain does the latter, not the former.

Yes, he is a war hero. But for the left to suddenly pretend that they care about that is ridiculous. And war hero or not, when you sell people out the way that McCain has, you deserve the condemnation that you get. Being a war hero does not make you immune from criticism.

Old 05-12-2018, 06:34 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I lived in NJ and left a few years ago and watched Corey Booker come up the ranks as the mayor of Newark. I liked him a lot. One could not tell if he was a democrat or republican and he was always a democrat. I wanted to see him as president in future years. Corey cared about ALL AMERICANS.

Well he became a senator and was beaten down in the beginning for being too bipartisan. They now have shaped him into a hateful , bias very partisan guy who I can't ever recognize anymore by the propaganda he spews. What a waste! I don't like him one bit. His real self is gone. The dems killed him. I am an independent with no affiliation.
I grudgingly agree with this. When he was the mayor of Newark, I felt he was a bright shining star - authentic, integral, sincere.

Now his quest for power and position are off-putting.

But as for you, aren't you a conservative?

Old 05-12-2018, 07:14 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Democrats who is your least favorite Dem? Republicans who is your least favorite Rep? This is an easy question for me. By far my worst Republican is John McCain. I have spent many hours of my life reflecting on how much I hate this man and the things he says. His vision for the Republican party is the exact opposite of what I want. I have always been disgusted how he reaches across the aisle. I completely oppose his neocon foreign policy views. Even now on his death bed he is saying things that make me furious. He is not only my worst politician but my least favorite person in the world.

I am especially curious who Democrats will choose for this. There is a wide range of Republican lawmakers from very conservative to total RINOs. Democrats seem much more uniform.

John McCain
Ron Paul

Old 05-12-2018, 07:17 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
There's "reaching across the aisle" and then there's "turning your back on the voters who want you to represent their wishes". McCain does the latter, not the former.

Yes, he is a war hero. But for the left to suddenly pretend that they care about that is ridiculous. And war hero or not, when you sell people out the way that McCain has, you deserve the condemnation that you get. Being a war hero does not make you immune from criticism.
If he constantly turns his back on his supporters, then why does he constantly get reelected? Seems like he is doing what his supporters want.

Old 05-12-2018, 07:43 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Worst in what way?

I hate how McCain often votes and how fickle he's been on many issues. Not to mention that he needs to retire as he is incapable of performing the most important function of his job now (i.e. voting). But he is a patriot who loves his country and who has done what he thought best for the country.

For worst overall--and without having the historical record to compare things to--I'd probably say Dennis Hastert, that rat bastard who sexually abused youth under his care and supervision.

Note, while I'm not one to generally come for someone based on he said/she said allegations (or he said/he said, she said/she said, etc.), things do change when we have other evidence, such as massive payouts to keep victims quiet.

Last edited by prospectheightsresident; 05-12-2018 at 08:22 PM..

Old 05-12-2018, 07:47 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times
There are no doubt far worse Libertarians than Gary Johnson, but the man needs to go away so new blood can take the reigns. He's a lousy spokesman for Libertarianism.

Old 05-12-2018, 10:03 PM

31,003 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Yep. McCain by a landslide. When he passes, I have no doubt that another RINO will take his place, happily. Swamp hasn't been drained just yet.

The only "good" thing about McCain, is that we get to see lefties now standing up for him. All of a sudden, they care deeply about war heroes...it's quite amusing to watch.
Good points. McCain was the worst warmonger to the Dems for years, worst than GWB to many of them. McCain was good at bringing home the pork to his home state, which is one of the reasons he was re-elected time and time again.

Old 05-12-2018, 10:24 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
McCain the warmonger. At least he's dying anyway.
Nice.

Old 05-12-2018, 10:28 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,982,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
McCain the warmonger. At least he's dying anyway.
Despicable. Absolutely despicable. And no, I don’t mean McCain.

Old 05-12-2018, 10:31 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,982,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Wow, surprised that Republican hate those who attempt to reach across the aisle as well as war heroes. I thought Republicans worshipped the military but I guess not those who get caught. Of course they did elect someone whose own Vietnam war was fighting to not get STD's and said that POW's were not heroes.

I am an Independent so currently I can not stand most Republicans and as for Dems, there are a few that I like but many I can not stand either.
It’s just the Cult members following the direction of their Dear Leader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies