Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 06:05 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Trump is like the anti-president.

Presidents in the past have inspired loyalty and had the reputations of those that worked for them enhanced and were proud of their service.

Whose ever hand Trump touches their reputation soon ends in wreck and ruin. Once stellar reputations are in the dirt for all posterity.

Trump inspires no loyalty. Those that work for Trump know they work in a den of thieves. You know what they say about criminals: There is no honor among thieves.

However, there are some good people in that sordid administration who leak to the press to inform and warn us of the catastrophe and crookedness of this administration.

They are the patriots.

Here you go folks....it's great to leak classified information....

Comey leaked classified information and the left cheers......

But, do tell us what "catastrophic" information has been released? Be specific, don't provide a link to unnamed sources, or a well someone said....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2018, 06:06 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
It seems that most who enter the Trump orbit, get chewed up and spit out. The man who craps on a golden throne, has the exact opposite of the Midas touch. Turns gold into what goes down his throne.

Sure, why not? I mean if you are held to an extremely low standard that obama provided and then trump walks in and makes you do your actual job.....why would you not walk out?

Old 05-13-2018, 06:13 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Sure, why not? I mean if you are held to an extremely low standard that obama provided and then trump walks in and makes you do your actual job.....why would you not walk out?
LOL, deflect, spin, do the hokie-pokie and turn yourself around.

My local 7-11 doesn't have the turnover of the White House.

It seems your job with Trump is not in jeopardy so long as you only say "Yes, Dear Leader", and heap praise on him like a little child.

Old 05-13-2018, 06:35 PM

4,254 posts, read 3,173,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
what an odd thing to say in the face of actual facts. The economy does better under Democratic administrations. Look it up.

As for the rest of it, perhaps you've heard the expression that the plural of anecdote is not data? Your personal experience doesn't represent the economy. And your references to "slavery" are asinine and show only that you don't have the faintest idea of what the word means.
Hmmm! I think your comment about the economy doing better under Democrats is at the very least misleading or just flat out incorrect. So, by Democratic administrations do you mean just Presidents or are you also referring to actually controls Congress? If you actually believe the economy does better with a Democrat as President, I suggest you overlay who controlled congress during those times...guess what it will show??

Last edited by carcrazy67; 05-13-2018 at 08:02 PM..

Old 05-13-2018, 06:38 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I posted an earlier version of this, which apparently was deleted because I didn't include any comment of my own. That seems pointless to me, since professional writers say it more knowledgeably, vividly and persuasively than I ever could. So I suppose I will only add that it's good for people to be reminded how destructive Trump is, not only to those against him, but even to those who have supported him.

For Many, Life in Trump’s Orbit Ends in a Crash Landing
By Peter Baker and Maggie Haberman

In only 15 months in office, Mr. Trump has burned through a record number of advisers and associates who have found themselves in legal, professional or personal trouble, or even all three. Half of the top aides who came to the White House with Mr. Trump in 2017 are gone, many under painful circumstances, either because they fell out with the boss or came under the harsh scrutiny that comes with him.

For the whole article:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/26/u...h-landing.html
more trolling/flaming thread and posts???

Old 05-13-2018, 09:35 PM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Tap dance oh you want, the turnover has been astounding.

https://www.npr.org/2018/03/19/59416...back-100-years

Did Sean Spicer ever get another job?

Old 05-14-2018, 10:42 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Here you go folks....it's great to leak classified information....

Comey leaked classified information and the left cheers......

But, do tell us what "catastrophic" information has been released? Be specific, don't provide a link to unnamed sources, or a well someone said....
Just because Trump said it was classified information doesn't actually make it so.

And we all know who has the reputation for tell dozens of lies ever single week since he took office and who has a reputation for being generally truthful.

Here's a clue - it's the Liar in Chief who tells lies all the time, thousands since he took office. This was just one more. But just like "fake news" doesn't mean whatever makes Trump look bad, the same thing applies to classified information. Yes, the memos made Trump look like the corrupt liar that he is. But that's not classified information, we all know that already.

Quote:
As first reported by The Wall Street Journal, the DOJ's internal watchdog is interested in two documents, one that contained information that was not classified when Comey was at the FBI, but has since been upgraded to "confidential," and another that Comey knew contained classified information but that he had redacted before he gave the memo to a friend.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...sified-n867916

Old 05-14-2018, 10:44 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Did Sean Spicer ever get another job?
He's writing a book, of course.

Old 05-14-2018, 10:47 AM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
wonder how many weeks it will be on the best seller list 20?....30?

Old 05-14-2018, 04:46 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,140,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't understand your reference. I'm a Democrat, but have never heard that sentence before, and don't know what it's supposed to mean. Whom are you quoting?

Obviously it's Republicans for whom people are instruments of revenue. We can see the easily in the way that Republicans want to keep wages low, want to cut benefits, want to cut funding for education. And I'm sure you've seen the same rants I have, of people rating against giving people any "handouts."

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
So that's your problem. Not getting the "handouts" you think you are entitled to.
Should have stated the real problem in post #1.

You can try to convince people that having more money in their pocket because of Trump that its bad for them. Try to convince those that have a job now that Trump is bad for them. Some of the lowest unemployment numbers in history is bad for the country.
Follow it up with how democrats like Nancy are going to raise taxes and take more money out of our pocket. If education is a problem the problem existed long before Trump came into office. The real problem with democrats is they are realizing what they have learned is what they know so little about. They learned nothing about adding, subtracting or multiplication but focused on division.
No, that's not my problem. But it's apparently your problem, which is why you fixated on it. I simply mentioned it in passing. I notice that you completely fail to answer my inquiry, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies