Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2018, 05:31 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Yes, it would be okay.

Showing a photo of your heterosexual spouse is okay.

Showing a photo of your homosexual spouse is okay.

Showing a photo of your polyamorous spouses is okay.
I cant see how teachers devuldging their personal life among little children is going to benefit them.

Imagine I was a teacher and I took the time to set up a slideshow of my divorce. Showing pics of my cheating ex wife I took when I caught her having lunch with some other guy inside a resturant, a pic of a nice house I lost in the divorce, and pics of my bank statements showing alimony payments.

According to you, this all okay and relevant to children's learning. Lol

Old 05-14-2018, 06:25 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
[quote=elan;51883460]
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post

Yep, I have a friend who teaches outside of Houston. They can't even color Christmas trees, snowmen are okay. The school district is just trying to decide if this teacher was pushing an agenda or not. Was it more than just a slide show? We don't know. It does appear she is an activist, but was she promoting it in the classroom, that's the question. Like I said earlier, the school renewed her contract, so I think they are leaning in her favor. Personally, I'm glad they are being cautious.
Exactly. But people are defending a teacher who forces a young class to sit through a slide show presentation of her own personal life. There's a difference between saying to a student who said he went fishing: Hey, I like fishing too! It was fun when my grandpa took me!! And a slide show presentation of the teacher's gay partner.

The school will never fire her. They'd have a gajillon lawsuits to deal with even though the behavior is completely inappropriate. And what's even more shocking is that people can't even see that.

And that's where we are today.

Maybe she will bring her wife in for show and tell next time and make out in front of the class. After she wins her lawsuit and is untouchable.

Old 05-14-2018, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I cant see how teachers devuldging their personal life among little children is going to benefit them.

Imagine I was a teacher and I took the time to set up a slideshow of my divorce. Showing pics of my cheating ex wife I took when I caught her having lunch with some other guy inside a resturant, a pic of a nice house I lost in the divorce, and pics of my bank statements showing alimony payments.

Yep. The reason people think it's ok is because she's gay. That's the ONLY reason.

Old 05-14-2018, 06:32 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
If I had a child I would not wish for it to he indoctrinated into a mindset that goes against my personal values. I would support the schools actions.
Do you know what the definition of 'indoctrination' is.

You aren't indoctrinated if you are shown one picture of a gay couple. It doesn't work that way.

I think the big problem in the USA is the lack of information, knowledge and ignorance of most Americans.

Old 05-14-2018, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Do you know what the definition of 'indoctrination' is.

You aren't indoctrinated if you are shown one picture of a gay couple. It doesn't work that way.

I think the big problem in the USA is the lack of information, knowledge and ignorance of most Americans.
Actually it is.

Maybe all the religious teachers should start brining bibles to work and reading their favorite verses to the kids. Because that's not indoctrination. It's just sharing how they live their lives. /eyeroll/

Old 05-14-2018, 07:08 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post

Yes, because an innocent photo of you and your spouse is TOTALLY the same as photos depicting a woman cheating on her husband.

Get back to me when you have a legitimate analogy.

Old 05-14-2018, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Yep. The reason people think it's ok is because she's gay. That's the ONLY reason.
NOPE.

I would think it was okay if it was a straight teacher too. As I said, my best friend who is a teacher is a straight married woman and she does a similar thing every September with her new students.

Old 05-14-2018, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Actually it is.

Maybe all the religious teachers should start brining bibles to work and reading their favorite verses to the kids. Because that's not indoctrination. It's just sharing how they live their lives. /eyeroll/
Wrong again.

Sharing how they live their lives would be saying something like, "I live in Smithtown with my husband and four kids. I love my two cats. On the weekends I love going to the library and shopping. I also go to Smithtown Methodist Church most Sundays."

No harm, no foul. No indoctrination.

Please come up with a legitimate analogy.

Old 05-14-2018, 07:13 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Your point fails because a blowjob isn't the same as a photo.

Kids aren't okay to see photos of someone's spouse? Really? Talk about helicopter parenting.

A 4th grade teacher should sure know what is age appropriate.

A 4th grade teacher should be familiar with the district guidelines.

My family and extended family contains many relatives who teach in Texas. They all agree the subject was not suitable for elementary school. A niece and nephew who teach in an Austin Texas elementary school say no way.

Again, it depends on context. One daughter teaches at a school in NYC where kids are introduced to all manner of lifestyles in pre school.

Another teaches at an alternative school in the south where families are comprised of many colors, religions and lifestyles.

Mansfield Texas? I'm surprised the teacher would even apply for a job in that town.

Old 05-14-2018, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
A 4th grade teacher should sure know what is age appropriate.
Knowing someone is married is age appropriate for children.

Quote:
A 4th grade teacher should be familiar with the district guidelines.
She was and did not violate them.

Quote:
My family and extended family contains many relatives who teach in Texas. They all agree the subject was not suitable for elementary school. A niece and nephew who teach in an Austin Texas elementary school say no way.

Again, it depends on context. One daughter teaches at a school in NYC where kids are introduced to all manner of lifestyles in pre school.

Another teaches at an alternative school in the south where families are comprised of many colors, religions and lifestyles.

Mansfield Texas? I'm surprised the teacher would even apply for a job in that town.
Do your family members and extended family members also believe the subject matter of a heterosexual spouse is not suitable for elementary school?

The fact that a lesbian teacher exists in the community is reason enough to understand that different types of relationships and families exist. Its not inappropriate to have this understanding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies