Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2018, 07:53 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Got it. Teachers can use the classroom as their own personal show and tell to impressionable young children. Loud and clear.
I had teachers who clearly were proud of their families and had pictures on their desks, talked about them, etc. So did my brother. My brother is still gay -- he wasn't indoctrinated by the teachers shoving their heterosexual relationships in his face EVERY day for years.

Old 05-14-2018, 07:57 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
Got it. Teachers can use the classroom as their own personal show and tell to impressionable young children. Loud and clear.
Its not my fault that you are unwilling or unable to use a modicum of critical thinking to understand the difference between sharing a part of one's life and using one's classroom to indoctrinate kids.

Anti-intellectualism rears its ugly head again.

Old 05-14-2018, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Look if you are such a bad parent that your child becomes indoctrinated by a teacher's lifestyle choices -- that's on you.

LOL.

Old 05-14-2018, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Explain to me the benefits these little children (who could care less) will receive knowing a teachers personal life? i.e. marital status, sexual orientation, how many siblings, pets, favorite ice cream, etc.

Is this sharing of personal information on their school website? If not...why?
Being personable and letting your students know a bit about your own life allows them the confidence to share their lives with you. And as a teacher, that is very important.

Questions like yours make me see why teachers and their jobs are so disrespected in this country. You truly don't know what it takes to be a teacher in today's world.

If nothing else, it acts as an ice breaker. When you are spending 35+ hours a week with someone, especially as a child, its important to build that rapport. These types of innocent getting to know you activities helps foster that rapport.

Old 05-14-2018, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I had teachers who clearly were proud of their families and had pictures on their desks, talked about them, etc. So did my brother. My brother is still gay -- he wasn't indoctrinated by the teachers shoving their heterosexual relationships in his face EVERY day for years.
LOL Excellent point!!

Old 05-14-2018, 08:05 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Its not my fault that you are unwilling or unable to use a modicum of critical thinking to understand the difference between sharing a part of one's life and using one's classroom to indoctrinate kids.

Anti-intellectualism rears its ugly head again.
Insults are the biggest indication that someone does not have critical thinking skills.So keep throwing them, my dear.

Teachers personal lives do not belong on the classroom. Showing gay pictures of you and a spouse does not belong on a classroom. Reading bible verses does not belong in a classroom.

It is clear that those who have experienced the above have limited critical thinking skills. Probably because their teachers liked having an audience to discuss their personal lives instead of oh ... teaching.

Old 05-14-2018, 08:06 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
LOL Excellent point!!
Heterosexuality is a normal biologic process. It needs no indoctrination. Unlike other agendas.

You'd probably know that if you learned biology in HS. But your teacher was probably too busy talking about what she did over the weekend. /shrug/

Old 05-14-2018, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Insults are the biggest indication that someone does not have critical thinking skills.So keep throwing them, my dear.

Teachers personal lives do not belong on the classroom. Showing gay pictures of you and a spouse does not belong on a classroom. Reading bible verses does not belong in a classroom.

It is clear that those who have experienced the above have limited critical thinking skills. Probably because their teachers liked having an audience to discuss their personal lives instead of oh ... teaching.
I'm not insulting you.

I've provided several distinct reasons why this teacher should not be fired.

We will have to disagree on your analogy as I think it is flawed so therefore I find it invalid.

Old 05-14-2018, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Heterosexuality is a normal biologic process. It needs no indoctrination. Unlike other agendas.

You'd probably know that if you learned biology in HS. But your teacher was probably too busy talking about what she did over the weekend. /shrug/

Five decades of psychiatric evidence demonstrates that homosexuality is immutable, and nonpathological, and a growing body of more recent evidence implicates biology in the development of sexual orientation.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...iology/304683/

Old 05-14-2018, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Heterosexuality is a normal biologic process.
Homosexuality is also a normal biologic process. It has existed just as long as heterosexuality has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies