Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 12:45 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times

Advertisements

The left said George W Bush is an idiot, and Donald Trump is a con artist.

Got both right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2018, 01:15 PM

15,625 posts, read 10,380,316 times
the Left has 'learned' they must move further Left (sanders, Ellison, sarsour, and warren) to win votes. the Left is certain democrats have been too politically centrist and that has cost the democrats 1000 plus political seats over the last few years.

Old 05-14-2018, 01:37 PM

18,717 posts, read 7,597,559 times
Has the left been right about anything in the past couple of years?

Obama let the military kill Bin Laden.

And JFK declared that a tax-rate cut would free up business to expand, hire more people, pay them more, and lower prices per item as they made more items. He did, and they did.

Those are the only two instances when they've done the right thing, that I can think of. Really a pretty sparse record for more than 50 years.

And this exceeds "the past couple of years" that you specified. Sorry.

Old 05-14-2018, 01:41 PM

18,717 posts, read 7,597,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
the Left has 'learned' they must move further Left (sanders, Ellison, sarsour, and warren) to win votes. the Left is certain democrats have been too politically centrist and that has cost the democrats 1000 plus political seats over the last few years.
That's like people claiming they want to put out a fire, so they start spraying gasoline on it. And when the fire keeps getting bigger rather than smaller, they announce that if they only spray LOTS MORE gasoline on it, that will finally put it out.

Old 05-14-2018, 01:42 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Seems like every prediction they made turned out to be wrong. Here are a few that I recall off the top of my head.

1. Trump will drop out of the race because he isn't making a serious run for president.
2. Trump will never get nominated.
3. Trump will never be elected.
4. Trump's Billy Bush comments will sink his campaign.
5. If Trump gets elected, the economy will crash.
6. Trump will get impeached within his first year.
7. Trump's tax plan will cause most peoples' taxes to increase.
8. Trump's tax plan will crash the economy.
9. Trump will lose the trade war with China.
10. Trump will get us into a nuclear war with North Korea.
11. Trump will get us into a nuclear war with Russia.
12. Trump will deport all the Mexican's.
13. Trump will deport all the muslims.
14. Trump will wage war on gay rights.
15. Backing out of the TPP will crash the economy.
16. Mueller is going to have Trump indicted.
17. Brexit will never pass.
18. Russians hacked the election.

I'm sure I left out a lot of items, so feel free to add to the list.

Why does the fake news, tabloid media continue to embarrass itself will all of it's stupid, baseless predictions?
I thought he might win.

I also think he's an idiot.

I'm 2 and 0.

Old 05-14-2018, 04:55 PM

62,867 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I pay damn attention to a lot.....I also pay damn attention to past administrations promises that you and others forgave....that your current president is doing..

Do you really want to go there....

A good example of that is the left's bashing of Trump over his sexual "past" but they completely ignore Bill Clinton having sex with an intern right in the Oval Office "while" he was president not to mention his sordid sexual past also. What hyprocrites they are!

Old 05-14-2018, 05:03 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
A good example of that is the left's bashing of Trump over his sexual "past" but they completely ignore Bill Clinton having sex with an intern right in the Oval Office "while" he was president not to mention his sordid sexual past also. What hyprocrites they are!
What are you talking about? No one approved of Clinton's behavior in affair Lewinsky. It was utterly awful behavior for A US President. As was the behavior of JFK and other Presidents. And the obvious disdain of Trump for appropriate treatment of women is simply another in the long history.

Old 05-14-2018, 05:06 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,138,210 times
Most of your point are dubious, at best.

It's certainly true that Trump wasn't expected to be elected. That's not a Left prediction. Most experts thought that. I thought that, too. Because it was inconceivable to me that there were so many mean, racist, gullible people that would vote for for an incompetent, ignorant, vulgar, unstable guy like that.

Then
- It's widely agreed that Trump never in fact expected to be president, and it wasn't a serious run initially.
- Trump has, in fact, been against all minorities.
- It's widely agreed that Russia did hack the election. How could you not be aware of that?
- No one realistically thought Trump would be impeached within a year. It takes longer than that.

And most of the rest of your points are still in the future.

By the way, speaking of predictions, right-wingers predicted things for Obama's presidency like an out-and-out civil war, and forcible conversion to Islam. Did you see that happen?

Old 05-14-2018, 05:06 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,595,148 times
the left has been wrong on pretty much everything about Trump. Its not surprising as they mostly lack the ability to think logically and reasonably.

Old 05-14-2018, 05:16 PM

5,725 posts, read 2,190,327 times
The past 1 and 1/2 years without demorats holding any power has been a huge relief, our country is getting a chance to breathe.

Two more years of republican control would really send them a message. They desperately need new leadership and vision and should try to get back their blue collar workers in the rust belt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies