Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 03:29 PM

17,795 posts, read 13,692,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Pure nonsense. Every administration since Eisenhower has tried to negotiate with NK and they've all been trolled. The only difference is that most administrations have the good sense to have lower level diplomats do the initial discussions allowing POTUS to save face when it blows up, which it always does. Since Trump has no knowledge of history, or of diplomacy he wanted to put his fingerprints all over this without realizing that it would, as it always does, fall apart.
All Trump did was call Kim names and threaten to blow him up. He and his Trumpskulls apparently think this is high level diplomacy.

Kim is doing this for his own amusement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2018, 07:54 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Pompeo describes what it was like meeting Kim Jong Un: He watches American TV, doesn't need 'notecards' to discuss complex topics.
"He is very knowledgeable in the sense that he knows the files. He's very capable of engaging in complex set of discussions. When I ask him a question about something that's a little off, he answers it. There's no notecards. It is Chairman Kim, in this case, interacting with me directly, having a robust discussion about what the outlines of a successful negotiation between our two countries might ultimately be."
Mike Pompeo describes what it was like meeting Kim Jong Un - Business Insider

Yet we are going to send an absolute IMBECILE to meet with him!
There is no way on earth this DOTARD can even be prepped for such a meeting!
Yep. It’s a race to the bottom. Maybe we should embark on a project to try to fix stupidity.

If Kim watches Faux News, then he knows exactly what Trump is “thinking” (if there is such a thing).

Old 05-16-2018, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Omg. And I thought Trump was the only idiot.

Old 05-16-2018, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Pure nonsense. Every administration since Eisenhower has tried to negotiate with NK and they've all been trolled. The only difference is that most administrations have the good sense to have lower level diplomats do the initial discussions allowing POTUS to save face when it blows up, which it always does. Since Trump has no knowledge of history, or of diplomacy he wanted to put his fingerprints all over this without realizing that it would, as it always does, fall apart.
True.

Question is who will get blamed?

I nominate Obama. When all fails, blame Obama.

Any other ideas?

Old 05-16-2018, 08:33 PM

25,573 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Pompeo describes what it was like meeting Kim Jong Un: He watches American TV, doesn't need 'notecards' to discuss complex topics.
"He is very knowledgeable in the sense that he knows the files. He's very capable of engaging in complex set of discussions. When I ask him a question about something that's a little off, he answers it. There's no notecards. It is Chairman Kim, in this case, interacting with me directly, having a robust discussion about what the outlines of a successful negotiation between our two countries might ultimately be."
Mike Pompeo describes what it was like meeting Kim Jong Un - Business Insider

Yet we are going to send an absolute IMBECILE to meet with him!
There is no way on earth this DOTARD can even be prepped for such a meeting!
Meh... More name calling from the Snowflakes of The Left. Conservatives have been called morons and imbeciles for as long as I can remember, (I remember Eisenhower's inauguration) so it's gotta be pretty embarrassing to the left who lost thousands of jobs to the Party of The Dumb Guys.

At any rate, Trump is a pretty smart guy and if he meets with Kim, maybe something will come of it. The problem is, no matter what is agreed upon, The Left will always be dissatisfied, and will go back to the same position of "We Got Taken"!

Obama's agreement with Kim Jong Un (2012) was termed "astonishingly foolish" by The Hudson Institute.
https://www.hudson.org/research/8765...th-north-korea
But Obama wanted an agreement, even if it didn't amount to anything. Trump is smarter than that. The younger Kim is a smart guy and knows how to be personable, but none of that will fool Trump. He will handle Kim just as he handled Hillary.

The Left will wail no matter what. Deal; no deal; meeting; no meeting. They will wail and they will lose.
Again.

Old 05-16-2018, 08:45 PM

25,573 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
True.

Question is who will get blamed?

I nominate Obama. When all fails, blame Obama.

Any other ideas?
No, I think you have it right.

Old 05-16-2018, 09:54 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Trump has the highest IQ of any President in history
He's also the most fit president. We are truly blessed.

Old 06-09-2018, 09:20 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
I love it when cabinet members show up at these press briefings. Watch Pompeo debunk some myths (didn't come right out and call it fake news because he was polite) at his meeting with pressitutes the other day. Very informative. He talked about Kim and how Trump has been preparing for months.

I learn more from watching press briefings than silly news programs which tell me how to think. Highly recommend.

Note Andrea Mitchell looking like Big Bird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-LhjAZxaRA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies