Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 04:52 PM

1,704 posts, read 748,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
When was Jerusalem ever the capital of Palestine?

That, in fact, is a trick question, since Jerusalem was never the capital of Palestine, and you can see that on ancient maps going way back when the region had several spelling variations, including Filistine and Falestine, before the spelling became Palestine.

There are plenty of cities the Palestinians can choose for their capital, including several on the coast.

There's no historical or logical reason the Palestinians should choose Jerusalem, and the only reason they do now, is to be divisive.

The sooner the Palestinians get it through their thick skulls that their capital will not be Jerusalem, the sooner the Palestinians can move forward socially, economically and politically.
There's also no good reason to either announce that the US embassy would be relocated to Jerusalem, or to actually relocate the US embassy to Jerusalem, knowing exactly the potential violent domino impact it will have upon the entire region.

The Zionist Jews are far too ethnocentric, land-grabbing, authoritarian, and supremacist, to acquiesce to any type of assimilation.

The Islamic Palestinians are far too oppressed, unforgiving, retaliatory, infuriated, and resentful, to consider any type of assimilation, as well.

Therefore, both Zionist-Jew and Islamic-Arab would be much better off, if they'd just renounce their fake religions and turn over a new leaf of secular truth and enlightenment. Thus, the hosts of topics like, Jerusalem, settlements, employment, Visas, intermarriage, ethnicity, freedom, home ownership, taxes, Jihad, misogyny, GOD, the Torah, and the Koran, all become quite moot!

BTW

Palestinian skull thickness is similar to that of your own!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2018, 05:24 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,490,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Exactly, that was long before Assad came to power.

And yes, I also think Muslims around the world continue to have a problem with Israel as long as the Middle East conflict is not settled in a way both sides can live with. Muslims have that brotherhood thing, no matter where they are. I don't like that, but well, Islam...

I hope sooner or later Muslims will understand that most of the world does not want to be Muslim and that there is nothing wrong with that. So they will calm down and lose their zeal like most Christians did. Those used to be horrible zealots as well just a few centuries ago, and in places like the US there still are such people today.
While I don't want to derail this thread too much, I do feel that bringing up religion is important. Many Muslims, including the more secular ones, do want the world to be Muslim. They believe that their religion is the final word of God. Judaism and Christianity were just stepping stones needed to get there. Think of the Quran as the third edition of a book. When you go to a bookstore and find a new edition of an old book you will often come across a line that states the following:

"Third edition, revised and updated"

How often will you find previous editions for sale? Most of the time they are phased out in favor of the new one. That is the essence of the relationship between Islam and the older monotheistic religions. Judaism and Christianity are outdated as far as they are concerned. In reality, it shouldn't be a big deal since all three of them believe in the same God.

Now, I've met a lot of wonderful Muslims, so this isn't mean to be a personal attack, but even among many of the more progressive ones that notion still lingers. Some of them are not even afraid to admit it openly.

Old 05-16-2018, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
While I don't want to derail this thread too much, I do feel that bringing up religion is important. Many Muslims, including the more secular ones, do want the world to be Muslim. They believe that their religion is the final word of God. Judaism and Christianity were just stepping stones needed to get there. Think of the Quran as the third edition of a book. When you go to a bookstore and find a new edition of an old book you will often come across a line that states the following:

"Third edition, revised and updated"

How often will you find previous editions for sale? Most of the time they are phased out in favor of the new one. That is the essence of the relationship between Islam and the older monotheistic religions. Judaism and Christianity are outdated as far as they are concerned. In reality, it shouldn't be a big deal since all three of them believe in the same God.

Now, I've met a lot of wonderful Muslims, so this isn't mean to be a personal attack, but even among many of the more progressive ones that notion still lingers. Some of them are not even afraid to admit it openly.
It's a rare secular human specimen who would advocate for the world to be comprised of any Abrahamic religon.

You might wanna research that notion...

Old 05-16-2018, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
It's a rare secular human specimen who would advocate for the world to be comprised of any Abrahamic religon.

You might wanna research that notion...
You might be mixing up secular with agnostic or atheist. Those who are secular still follow their religion, though not to a fault. I've lived in the UAE and Malaysia, so I've run into all kinds of Muslims. Some were very open and willing to engage with others on different topics, others were more orthodox in their beliefs. Nevertheless, even among many professed seculars, who would actively drink and consume pork, the notion of Islamic dominance was not lost. Some would actively mock other religions.

I'm in no way suggesting that they are all actively trying to kill you or that they are bad people (as I've got quite a few friends), only that many, even on a subconscious level subscribe to the belief in the superiority of their religion. Part of it comes from the fact, that to them Islam is a way of life, more so than a traditional religion.

Old 05-16-2018, 09:40 PM

19,013 posts, read 14,188,739 times
“Palestinian rights to Israeli land?”
American analogy
In 1776-83, what would you think of “Loyalists” to King George, who would not help defend America, abandoned their lands so as not to fight their English brethren, then afterwards, refused to recognize the new American government?
What would you think of their claims that their lands were “stolen”? Would you let them back in, without them accepting the rule of American law?
Or would you tell them to ‘take a hike’?

A similar thing occurred in Israel, with respect to the “Palestinian” Muslims who would not help defend against the invasion, in 1948, by eight Muslim countries.
They abandoned their property, as they fled the war zone. And afterwards, would not recognize the Israeli government, nor submit to her laws. Was Israel wrong in not surrendering her lands and sovereignty to the losers?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel...tate_of_Israel
On 14 May 1948, the day before the expiration of the British Mandate, David Ben-Gurion, the head of the Jewish Agency, declared "the establishment of a Jewish state in Eretz-Israel, to be known as the State of Israel".

The following day, the armies of four Arab countries—Egypt, Syria, Transjordan and Iraq—entered what had been British Mandatory Palestine, launching the 1948 Arab–Israeli War; Contingents from Yemen, Morocco, Saudi Arabia and Sudan joined the war.
(For a total of EIGHT Muslim nations)

Old 05-17-2018, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
wiping israel off the face of the earth is about as realistic as wiping the usa off the face of the earth ,israel is the second most powerful nation on earth as it has the full backing in every sense of the most powerful nation on earth , no other nation comes close to having influence over america that israel does , the british are in the happeny place by comparison

threats to israels existence are meaningless - idle words , for many americans if a three year old palestinian ran up to the border and raised there finger to the IDF , a justification could be made for killing it and a thousand others

israel faces no threat , it does however threaten its neighbours constantly
It doesn't matter if you think they are meaningless, those threats were still made. Not once, not twice, but countless times. Please tell me which country does Israel keep threatening.
The Arabs attacked Israel in 1948, 1967 and 1973. Any territory that Israel acquired following those attacks is justified. They were more than happy to pull out of Sinai and south Lebanon in favor of diplomacy. Syria will get the Golan Heights back when they recognize Israel.

Israel's tactical advantage is vastly overstated. Yes, they do get aid from Western countries, particularly the US, but they were able to win due to their resourcefulness. The Arabs had the numbers and were backed by the Society, so don't pretend like they were at a major disadvantage.

You see these Palestinians as victims, while failing to take into account the fact that they were offered a state multiple times, that they rejected.

I used to be like you. Always siding with the Palestinians while condemning Israel's aggressive stance. When viewed from a distance, the situation does seem to be as simplistic as you portray it. However, look closely and you'll be able to get a grip of the bigger picture.

Old 05-17-2018, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
“Palestinian rights to Israeli land?”
American analogy
In 1776-83, what would you think of “Loyalists” to King George, who would not help defend America, abandoned their lands so as not to fight their English brethren, then afterwards, refused to recognize the new American government?
What would you think of their claims that their lands were “stolen”? Would you let them back in, without them accepting the rule of American law?
Or would you tell them to ‘take a hike’?

A similar thing occurred in Israel, with respect to the “Palestinian” Muslims who would not help defend against the invasion, in 1948, by eight Muslim countries.
They abandoned their property, as they fled the war zone. And afterwards, would not recognize the Israeli government, nor submit to her laws. Was Israel wrong in not surrendering her lands and sovereignty to the losers?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel...tate_of_Israel
On 14 May 1948, the day before the expiration of the British Mandate, David Ben-Gurion, the head of the Jewish Agency, declared "the establishment of a Jewish state in Eretz-Israel, to be known as the State of Israel".

The following day, the armies of four Arab countries—Egypt, Syria, Transjordan and Iraq—entered what had been British Mandatory Palestine, launching the 1948 Arab–Israeli War; Contingents from Yemen, Morocco, Saudi Arabia and Sudan joined the war.
(For a total of EIGHT Muslim nations)
Well said

Old 05-17-2018, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
You might be mixing up secular with agnostic or atheist. Those who are secular still follow their religion, though not to a fault. I've lived in the UAE and Malaysia, so I've run into all kinds of Muslims. Some were very open and willing to engage with others on different topics, others were more orthodox in their beliefs. Nevertheless, even among many professed seculars, who would actively drink and consume pork, the notion of Islamic dominance was not lost. Some would actively mock other religions.

I'm in no way suggesting that they are all actively trying to kill you or that they are bad people (as I've got quite a few friends), only that many, even on a subconscious level subscribe to the belief in the superiority of their religion. Part of it comes from the fact, that to them Islam is a way of life, more so than a traditional religion.
I must insist upon the correct usage of the word, "secular".

The word "secular" literally means, not affiliated with any faith, church, or god-figure.

That would mean that anyone advocating for Islam, Christianity, or Judaism, would by definition NOT be secular.

Of course, one can simply state or claim whatever they want about self-identity. However, if we're going by definition, then no Abrahamic religion advocate would qualify as being "secular"...

Old 05-17-2018, 05:01 AM

43,610 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
There's also no good reason to either announce that the US embassy would be relocated to Jerusalem, or to actually relocate the US embassy to Jerusalem, knowing exactly the potential violent domino impact it will have upon the entire region.
President Trump made the decision to move the US embassy to Jerusalem and not the Israeli Government. So why are the residents of Gaza attacking Israel rather than some American target?!

Old 05-17-2018, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
President Trump made the decision to move the US embassy to Jerusalem and not the Israeli Government. So why are the residents of Gaza attacking Israel rather than some American target?!
What!

Exactly how are Palestinians supposed to launch intercontinental missiles or anything else into the US?

If these people can only throw rocks, then how in the world are they supposed to attack the US embassy?

Geez!

Last edited by zeliner; 05-17-2018 at 05:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies