Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 07:37 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,499,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Contrary to popular belief, some of us have other stuff to do besides post here 24/7.

I never said it was appropriate for people to treat customers rudely. I don't think anyone here ever said that.

Just said this was a weird story. And, it is.

I do not think it's the huge deal you keep wanting it to be. It's just some rude employees who were let go for being rude.

I do not think having someone be rude to you is a national headline-grabber. Happens all over the world, every day.

If this was really this fellow being viciously attacked, there would have been a ton of video the minute it happened, all over social media.
The starbucks guys weren't "viciously" attacked either but the coverage went on and on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2018, 08:03 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,499,963 times
https://www.dailywire.com/news/30749...mpaign=dwbrand

Starbucks Hit With Another Accusation Of Racism, This Time Against Latino Customer.

I guess this guy wasn't threatened with physical violence but was insulted by a name. Not good but less violent.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:38 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,645,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Dude cannot make up his mind. Some interviews are talking about yelling and clapping. Others are talking about snickering and pointing... some knuckle cracking nearby.

I really do think he's gonna milk this one for awhile. I think you'd be hearing these interviews from a lawyer's perspective if he had any proof whatsoever of a genuine attack.

And, you would see it on AP or Reuters with that video and specifics. This is not at attempt to hide a story. We sure saw plenty about the MAGA hat guy who got tossed out of the bar.

Because there seemed to be more witnesses and more evidence, since the owner pretty much owned up to it.

News does tend to need actual evidence to get propagated for long... no matter what Trump says about allegedly "fake news."

The fact that Fox makes it sound so dramatic and the Miami Herald does not pretty much tells me there's just not a lot here but some rude employees.
They talked about the Starbucks thing for like weeks, though.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:36 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,122,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Yeah and on top of that, they've not even mentioned a sliver of this Cheesecake Factory issue to date on any of the local media in my area. I listen to a few stations on the radio in my car plus I watch a few news stations on a hand full of different stations on the TV. Right now I'm following the volcanic activities in Hawaii since I've got relatives over on the big island. 100% of these stations I listen to in my car and watch on tv at home are all left leaning. All of them. And not once have they mentioned this Cheesecake Factory issue. Hell, but no doubt they will some way bring up the Starbucks issue with the two guys again, guaranteed.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:49 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,645,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Yeah and on top of that, they've not even mentioned a sliver of this Cheesecake Factory issue to date on any of the local media in my area. I listen to a few stations on the radio in my car plus I watch a few news stations on a hand full of different stations on the TV. Right now I'm following the volcanic activities in Hawaii since I've got relatives over on the big island. 100% of these stations I listen to in my car and watch on tv at home are all left leaning. All of them. And not once have they mentioned this Cheesecake Factory issue. Hell, but no doubt they will some way bring up the Starbucks issue with the two guys again, guaranteed.
It's cause ...(whispers) he's black but supports Trump so it doesn't fit the narrative.

Old 05-17-2018, 11:28 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,801,560 times
Quote:
Yes; they talking at the Starbucks incident constantly, on and on. They had numerous opinion articles and tied it to about every talking point there was.

The Cheesecake incident did not even headline, there was not giant picture taking up a quarter of the page on CNN or anything, it was just a sideline article off to the right hand side. It disappeared from the Miami Herald quickly, with the herald not even following up on the front page, yet the Herald ran with the UPS story (when the employee told the customer to speak English) for days and days, until they realized of course the employee was Hispanic, then the herald shut the story down quick.

Old 05-17-2018, 11:33 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,990,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Yes; they talking at the Starbucks incident constantly, on and on. They had numerous opinion articles and tied it to about every talking point there was.

The Cheesecake incident did not even headline, there was not giant picture taking up a quarter of the page on CNN or anything, it was just a sideline article off to the right hand side. It disappeared from the Miami Herald quickly, with the herald not even following up on the front page, yet the Herald ran with the UPS story (when the employee told the customer to speak English) for days and days, until they realized of course the employee was Hispanic, then the herald shut the story down quick.
There is no 'evidence'. The police said there was nothing to act on. Once you report the story it falls dead.

Video and pictures might do something to keep the story going.

Y'all blame main stream media but forget the power of social media.

Social media led the hysteria over the Starbucks thing. The video and story went viral on social media because INDIVIDUALS went crazy for the story.

You can blame CNN, NBC, ABC, and CBS but the reality is not even your beloved conservative outlets are carrying on with the story.

There's nothing there.

The Starbucks story didn't go viral because the guys that were arrested in Starbucks called the media. It went viral because someone - -not related to the guys at all took a video and posted it on social media.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:53 PM

10,027 posts, read 9,499,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Probably no police involvement because nobody called the police. If they were called, they would have come.

I already commented that I think this is 100% wrong, bad behavior. But I will add that you are only seeing one account of what happened. It may have happened exactly like the article was written, or it may be a BS hit-piece. It seems odd to me that in a place as busy as a Cheesecake Factory (at any hour on any day), that NOBODY there felt it was a bad enough situation to call the police. It just doesn't add up to what is written in the story.

I wasn't there, I don't know. But just like everything else, we should wait for some facts to come out before drawing conclusions. If more facts don't come out, it is likely because nobody saw what was described in the article.
The article said that law enforcement did show up.

Old 05-17-2018, 03:31 PM

10,439 posts, read 4,029,415 times
Quote:
It's cause ...(whispers) he's black but supports Trump so it doesn't fit the narrative.
I wonder what's going to happen when the black Trump supporters get so huge, they can't be ignored by the left leaning media anymore? Kanye West is just the beginning. Many blacks are starting to wake up and realized they are nothing but pawns for the democratic platform, and as soon as the elections are over, their neighborhoods and schools continue to go downhill despite democrats running everything around them. Not to mention, democrats are now skipping over the African American in favor of the illegal immigrants coming over here. I'm sure many blacks are not too pleased to see everything they worked hard for, going to illegals who didn't do anything at all during the civil war or civil rights movement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies