Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 10:50 PM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
What is wrong with a factually accurate headline?

Ohhh...facts. Those pesky facts. You want them to repeat your preferred propaganda so you don't have to deal with uncomfortable facts. Got it.
It's the NYT, they stopped publishing facts decades ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2018, 11:33 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,491,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Why does the US keep meddling in Palestine?
A better question would be : Why are the Palestinians offended by something so trivial?

They had a chance to make peace and recognize Israel, yet refused to do so.

Jerusalem is the capital of Israel, ergo that's where the embassy goes. I'm not even American, but I applaud Trump for this move. I hope more nations follow.

Old 05-16-2018, 04:01 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
If i have this correct you believe the Israelis are correct to murder poeple who are protesting/ illegally crossing the border.?

a heavily armed military was shooting unarmed civilians who were protesting against their permanent internment.

seems to me Tim you are purposely ignoring the facts. One group has all the power, all the money all the weapons, and when the other side protested they shot 1,300 people and murdered about 5-60 of them.

do not expect that propaganda to be taken seriously

clearly, talking points from hamas via Iran.

Palestinians are used as pawns by Iran thru hamas. Hamas rejoices in the death of Palestinians and the media supports these savage terrorists.

Obama, hamas and Iran hate the Palestinian people.

Free Palestine of hamas and Iranian influence.

Old 05-16-2018, 04:15 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I suppose you could call them unarmed after throwing pipe bombs and grenades.

Israel could wipe out that whole crowd if they wanted to.
Exactly. They were armed, and they were bombing Israel. What do people think Israel's reaction to that is going to be.

Reading all the hatred towards Jews on this forum makes my physically ill. And it's overwhelmingly coming from those on the left. Hateful bigots. Disgusting.

Old 05-16-2018, 04:21 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Peace will never be achieved until Palestinian mothers love their children more than they hate Israel.
Exactly.

Old 05-16-2018, 06:21 AM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Ho many Israelis died yesterday, over 50 Palestinians killed and over 2000 wounded.

It was a difficult situation for Israel but they wanted this, they overreacted as usual just like back in 2014. None of this was necessary.
Israel wanted this? have you lost your mind?

Hamas ORDERED THIS! HAMAS!

The fact is, if Israel had not stood at their boarder and repelled the invaders, they would have crossed en mass and rampaged.

Palestine can have peace tomorrow by simply living in peace. Israel however cannot.
If Palestine lays down their guns and commits to peace, they get a country.
If Israel lays down their guns and commits to peace, they lose theirs.

Those are the simple facts and the hard truth.

Old 05-16-2018, 07:11 AM

766 posts, read 507,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
A better question would be : Why are the Palestinians offended by something so trivial?

They had a chance to make peace and recognize Israel, yet refused to do so.

Jerusalem is the capital of Israel, ergo that's where the embassy goes. I'm not even American, but I applaud Trump for this move. I hope more nations follow.
That’s their business.

Are other nations getting involved in our border wall and immigration laws? Or gay marriage laws and Christianity? It’s easy for an outsider to say what should be done and who should be offended. No other countries got involved during America’s trials and tribulations.

We need to mind our business, religion had been the cause of many wars. It is powerful but once again the Jews were able to use their power and connections to get what they want

Old 05-16-2018, 07:17 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,552,009 times
Some people just can't handle real factual news. They would rather get news (even exaggerated or false) that fits their narrative. See example above.

Old 05-16-2018, 07:51 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,394,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Okay, I know that "WTF is wrong with the NYT?" seems like a rhetorical or never-ending question, but in particular I mean today's headline, "ISRAELIS KILL SCORES IN GAZA".

WTF!? Why not "THOUSANDS OF PALESTINIANS TRY TO INFILTRATE ISRAEL?"

If I was an NYC Jew I'd cancel my Times subscription.
Please, with the misplaced if not disingeneuous hysterics.

The NYT is as pro-Israel as it can be without ignoring news.

Scores were killed in Gaza. It's the international headline because killing 60 unarmed protestors at a border is a scandal in 2018, everywhere.

This is in no small part because of the consistent politics of the NYT itself, which is 99% focused on internationalism and eradicating borders except for Israel.

That the headline didn't instead read: "Nazism returns, racist execution of 60 Palestinians at Israeli border", which is what it would have read if this happened to Mexicans on the USA border, and that it was instead a mere neutral accounting of the fact, tells you all that you need to know about how the NYT protects Israel.

That the NYT doesn't splash anti-ethnocentrism and apartheid front page headlines every day , for the past half century, about Israel tells you all that you need to know about their agenda to protect Israel. Because that's what they would do for a similar European nation, or if four million Jews were kept in an open air prison for decades anywhere.

Because that's what they would do for any other politically relevant nation in the Western Hemisphere if they were keeping millions of Arabs in an open air prison, refused marriage in their nation for everyone who is not of their racial-religious ethnicity, and whose slogan was that it is a nation for people only of one racial-religious ethnicity.

That the NYT ran an OpEd when the recent killings started, which was rife with tortured logic, about how Israel is somehow above International Human Rights accountability and above modern notions of internationalism that everyone else has to adhere to, because Jews were central in drafting Human Rights law, tells you all that you need to know about the NYT's agenda to protect Israel.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/14/o...an-rights.html

If such a thing were to happen on the US border, that the majority of Jews here would be up in arms, politically speaking, and that the Jewish contingent here would be central in mobilizing a political response to include unprecedented fundraising, tells you all that you need to know about the hypocritical politics surrounding Jewish ethnic and territorial sanctity. As enforced by the NYT who protects their interests both here and in Israel.

Old 05-16-2018, 07:55 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Why does the US keep meddling in Palestine?
I agree, let the Israeli’s do whatever it takes to impose order. They are the only reasonable people in the ME.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies