Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2018, 03:30 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
When it come's to rudeness and callousness, all roads lead to Trump.

It's his own fault, he made himself a lightning rod on the subject.
It's just what we needed, not some pansy poet wearing mom jeans and a greedy, self absorbed, hot sauce carrying politician who has a private and a public opinion. Geez, Americans are soft. Too much political correctness obviously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2018, 03:36 PM

Politeness is a virtue that consists of a deception because it masks our actual feelings and thoughts. Political correctness is nothing more than the left's political instrument.

Old 05-20-2018, 03:38 PM

482 posts, read 242,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
On your point about gay men being more promiscuous then straight men; most people would acknowledge that but lets be honest. It is much easier for unattached gay men to be promiscuous then it is straight men. Not enough promiscuous females to go around to make straight men as promiscuous..
How many un-attached straight males would turn down a different girl every day of the week? No less then the amount of gay males that would turn down a different man every night of the week.
Yes, this is one of he main reasons gay men are more promiscuous on average. Being less likely to be legally married and lack of children would be up there too. It's pretty cut and dry. Honestly, being a 20 something gay guy in a large city would be awesome.

Anyways, my point was that even though this is undoubtedly true, it's taboo to say it.

Old 05-20-2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
Well you've met one now.

You're confusing politeness and good manners with political correctness, a confusion which is itself an example of political correctness. PC is now arrogating unto itself the moral high ground formerly reserved for the terms you've confused it with.

The meaning of "Politically Correct" can best be understood when it is contrasted with "Correct". There is a difference. Efforts are now underway to undo this difference.

"PC means not telling Polish jokes or talking about certain parts of womens' anatomies." That's what PC's meaning is being transformed into by the guardians of Newspeak. But it isn't what it meant in the beginning and is not what it means to most of the people who use it now.

PC has long been used to describe strict adherence to a range of ideological orthodoxies, usually of the Communists. A policy could be wrong or immoral but could be correct politically. i.e., in conformance with Communist doctrine or necessary to secure the power of the Party. Examples are anything in Venezuela today, the Great Leap Forward, the intentional starvation of the Ukrainian peasants in the early 1920's, North Korea imprisoning family members of political prisoners. None of these could be described as correct or moral. But they were Politically Correct and were described as such.

A good example in the US is describing people who violated the law by coming here as "immigrants" or "undocumented immigrants" instead of illegal immigrants: softening reality, fudging differences to make acceptance easier.

That is the meaning of PC to 90% of the people who use it today. True, there are a few who use it to describe the substitution of innocuous for offensive language. But this use misses the bullseye by a good bit.
Yep.... Political correctness is not the same as manners, it is totalitarian mind control. Politeness is a virtue that consists of a deception because it masks our actual feelings and thoughts. Political correctness is nothing more than the left's political instrument.

- Illegal immigrants -> undocumented immigrants" softening reality, fudging differences it acceptable.
- PC used to describe strict adherence to a range of ideological orthodoxies, usually of the Communists.

Old 05-20-2018, 04:34 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Conservatives are old hands at this game.

For instance 'Right To Work' is actually code for 'right to screw workers'. This is Madison Avenue 101. It is more like advertising.

The thing is, some people are genuinely offended by the terminology we have traditionally applied to them and we need to be more courteous, not less. That we won't even try is just lazy selfishness.
SAYS YOU !!!

right to work means just that the right to work without outside interference

want to scare a liberal... say the phrase "pay for performance" sends shivers up their jelly union spine that is used to automatic raises even if they are the lowest skill and worst worker

Old 05-20-2018, 04:40 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
When it come's to rudeness and callousness, all roads lead to Trump.

It's his own fault, he made himself a lightning rod on the subject.
rudeness and callousness...… IOW bluntness……

Christie, Trump, Biden….and blunt, unfiltered..... callously honest

Clinton, Obama …..slick...smoother liars

this New Yorker would rather a blunt person..tell it to my face... I don't wear my heart on my sleeve, and am NOT hurt by words, even rude words.....Tell me to my face that I am a butthead..... certainly better than the lying liberals who smile at you in perfect PC, while stabbing you in the back

Old 05-20-2018, 04:43 PM

34,045 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

right to work means just that the right to work without outside interference

Old 05-21-2018, 06:12 AM

977 posts, read 567,239 times
Quote:
Conservatives are old hands at this game.

For instance 'Right To Work' is actually code for 'right to screw workers'. This is Madison Avenue 101. It is more like advertising.

The thing is, some people are genuinely offended by the terminology we have traditionally applied to them and we need to be more courteous, not less. That we won't even try is just lazy selfishness.
Another example of a liberal/leftist/whatever knowing a working man's interests better than he does! Didn't you folks learn ANYTHING from Trump's election? Working people told you what they want, but you continue to ignore what they are saying, just as you did in 2016. On MANY job sites, workers overwhelmingly vote AGAINST union representation. Right to work laws simply give the workers the right to actually have a vote against such representation and to keep their jobs should they wish to not unionize. I thought liberals were supposed to support choice. The decision to not have union representation certainly is a choice. Or is choice only a good thing when talking about abortions? Maybe I'm confused.

Old 05-27-2018, 09:36 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Most of the time, when I am being politically correct I am not being fakely polite... I am genuinely a polite person.

Some people simply aren't polite, or just feel feel feel that it is too much [for them].
I reiterate.

The workers understand that their "Union" should be freely provided by the government. And they think it is, through their representation through voting.

Most workers wouldn't give a rat's behind about the "long-term" future of the Globe.

Old 05-27-2018, 11:30 PM

2,657 posts, read 1,375,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The mindset of PC is toxic and when it infiltrates societal institutions (police, education, workplaces) it leads to policies that are absolutely disastrous for those who wish to be peaceful, achieve on merit, and remain an individual.
Actually it is a reaction to the fact that people historically were not judged on merit or treated as individuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies