Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2018, 01:24 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
^^^There's a lot of paranoia and persecution complex in there.

Trump supporters love to be anti-PC because it gives them the same thrill they got hearing Trump call Obama a Muslim Kenyan.

They earned their reputation, then resented that everyone called them on their behavior.

A good example of this was demonstrated recently by an infamous attorney.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_ZPZjgcZ5M
There's a lot of problems with what you're saying there, but first and foremost: I'm not a Trump supporter, I'm a Libertarian who doesn't vote for the duopolist oligarchy.

The problem with people advocating for PC it's all based on broad sweeping assumptions. Kinda like you just did there.

Second thing. What point are you trying to make with the dumbass in the video? Did you just jump to the conclusion that I'd agree with him or something?

Quote:
They still agree with Trump that white supremacists are "good people".
Why do I have to defend a ******** like Trump??? Why are you making me do it???

Trump never said white-supremacists were good people. You're putting words in his mouth because you hate him. I'd rather focus on the stupid things he actually has said, but that's just me. Seriously, if you want to grab a genuine dumbass comment made by Donald Trump, you don't have to change his words at all, and there's hundreds of the quotes to choose from. Go nuts!

But sure. I know. You're talking about his comments about Charlottesville. Trouble is, he was 100% correct when he said there were good and bad people on both sides. Yep some real life Nazis showed up. And a few regular conservatives and interested parties showed up, probably not fully realizing what it was. The Nazi types were exercising their freedom of speech. They dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's and got approval to have their idiotic little Tiki Torch rally. (Seriously, Tiki Torches? That's just so stupid. Did they plan to have a nice game of croquet later?) Antifa showed up looking for a fight because they're always looking for a fight. Antifa showed up because they honestly believe that it is their moral duty to violently silence everyone they disagree with. So yeah, unsurprisingly they attacked first from everything I've heard. Well, Antifa learned something at Charlottesville. The real Nazis tend to be pretty damn violent, especially when attacked. Poor Heather Heyer paid for that lesson with her life. Heather Heyer didn't have to die. If Antifa hadn't showed up and attacked the Nazis there, she'd still be alive today.

Meanwhile, many interested parties who were on neither extreme showed up. YouTubers who were on neither side did interviews and filmed and life-streamed the events, which is a big part of why you have so much camera footage of all of it. There were injuries on both sides. Baked Alaska, a YouTuber with white-nationalist leanings, got such a large blast of bear mace to the face that it almost permanently blinded him.

The press has been insanely biased on this stuff. They had nothing to say about Antifa's violence. All the cared about was the car being driven into Antifa's ranks. Antifa is the folks who set the University of Cal Berkeley on fire and smashed out windows because they didn't like the speaker that was about to speak on campus. There's footage a man who had been beaten unconscious by Antifa there, and they kept kicking him and hitting him with wooden poles. On April 27, 2017, Antifa's the folks who surrounded a freedom of speech rally in Berkeley. They threw homemade bombs at the encircled event for hours. A guy who put himself between the sides, who was on his knees praying for peace got smacked over the head by Antifa with a bike lock and was left severely bleeding. A self-styled YouTube journalist who was just filming was knocked down and beaten unconscious by Antifa. All of these things were completely ignored by the media. The only thing that got reported on from that April 27th mess was the clip of the girl who bragged she would claim 100 Nazi scalps that day getting punched in the face as she was wading into the fight with those "evil Nazis."

Continued Antifa violence has continued to be ignored since then.

And then suddenly, Heather Heyer got herself killed and the media went ape**** shrieking about it. Seems kinda one-sided, don't you think? After being so stone-silent about ongoing political violence, why so loud all of a sudden? (Hint: It's because after months and months of waiting, something finally happened that fit their narrative.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2018, 01:28 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,116,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And yet you've slung the word statist at both moon-bats and wing-nuts too. We're all guilty here. The problem I see and I addressed in my post is that even for things I am qualified for knocking Trump on, Trump supporters will attack me for making "unqualified comments" about the POTUS.
Because there are only two political philosophies; Statist and anti-Statist (libertarian).

They do that to me as well--along with the hardcore “progressives“ whenever I bring up Obama's war crimes and domestic surveillance, for instance. Both sides are equally guilty of echo chambering.

Old 05-28-2018, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Because there are only two political philosophies; Statist and anti-Statist (libertarian).

They do that to me as well--along with the hardcore “progressives“ whenever I bring up Obama's war crimes and domestic surveillance, for instance. Both sides are equally guilty of echo chambering.
Unfortunately, it seems that the loudest voices on both sides are increasingly authoritarian and increasingly interested in telling everyone how to live, what to say and how to think.

We need a helluva lot less government. Most of us just want to be left alone to live our lives.

Old 05-28-2018, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
There's a lot of problems with what you're saying there, but first and foremost: I'm not a Trump supporter, I'm a Libertarian who doesn't vote for the duopolist oligarchy.

The problem with people advocating for PC it's all based on broad sweeping assumptions. Kinda like you just did there.

Second thing. What point are you trying to make with the dumbass in the video? Did you just jump to the conclusion that I'd agree with him or something?

Why do I have to defend a ******** like Trump??? Why are you making me do it???

Trump never said white-supremacists were good people. You're putting words in his mouth because you hate him. I'd rather focus on the stupid things he actually has said, but that's just me. Seriously, if you want to grab a genuine dumbass comment made by Donald Trump, you don't have to change his words at all, and there's hundreds of the quotes to choose from. Go nuts!

But sure. I know. You're talking about his comments about Charlottesville. Trouble is, he was 100% correct when he said there were good and bad people on both sides. Yep some real life Nazis showed up. And a few regular conservatives and interested parties showed up, probably not fully realizing what it was. The Nazi types were exercising their freedom of speech. They dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's and got approval to have their idiotic little Tiki Torch rally. (Seriously, Tiki Torches? That's just so stupid. Did they plan to have a nice game of croquet later?) Antifa showed up looking for a fight because they're always looking for a fight. Antifa showed up because they honestly believe that it is their moral duty to violently silence everyone they disagree with. So yeah, unsurprisingly they attacked first from everything I've heard. Well, Antifa learned something at Charlottesville. The real Nazis tend to be pretty damn violent, especially when attacked. Poor Heather Heyer paid for that lesson with her life. Heather Heyer didn't have to die. If Antifa hadn't showed up and attacked the Nazis there, she'd still be alive today.

Meanwhile, many interested parties who were on neither extreme showed up. YouTubers who were on neither side did interviews and filmed and life-streamed the events, which is a big part of why you have so much camera footage of all of it. There were injuries on both sides. Baked Alaska, a YouTuber with white-nationalist leanings, got such a large blast of bear mace to the face that it almost permanently blinded him.

The press has been insanely biased on this stuff. They had nothing to say about Antifa's violence. All the cared about was the car being driven into Antifa's ranks. Antifa is the folks who set the University of Cal Berkeley on fire and smashed out windows because they didn't like the speaker that was about to speak on campus. There's footage a man who had been beaten unconscious by Antifa there, and they kept kicking him and hitting him with wooden poles. On April 27, 2017, Antifa's the folks who surrounded a freedom of speech rally in Berkeley. They threw homemade bombs at the encircled event for hours. A guy who put himself between the sides, who was on his knees praying for peace got smacked over the head by Antifa with a bike lock and was left severely bleeding. A self-styled YouTube journalist who was just filming was knocked down and beaten unconscious by Antifa. All of these things were completely ignored by the media. The only thing that got reported on from that April 27th mess was the clip of the girl who bragged she would claim 100 Nazi scalps that day getting punched in the face as she was wading into the fight with those "evil Nazis."

Continued Antifa violence has continued to be ignored since then.

And then suddenly, Heather Heyer got herself killed and the media went ape**** shrieking about it. Seems kinda one-sided, don't you think? After being so stone-silent about ongoing political violence, why so loud all of a sudden? (Hint: It's because after months and months of waiting, something finally happened that fit their narrative.)
This is why the NAP is life. You'll never see a gathering of libertarians end up in violence, since it is completely contradictory to our philosophy.

Old 05-28-2018, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately, it seems that the loudest voices on both sides are increasingly authoritarian and increasingly interested in telling everyone how to live, what to say and how to think.

We need a helluva lot less government. Most of us just want to be left alone to live our lives.
Everything we ever needed to know we learned in kindergarten; don't hit people, don't lie, and don't steal.

Old 05-28-2018, 01:36 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:

Domestic surveillance under Obama was not as big of an issue than it was under Bush. Bush started it with The Patriot Act. Obama's crime was not ending it (which I believe was a campaign promise.) The only thing was Snowden released the dirty little secrets that were only inuendo to those wearing tin-foil hats at the time. Now mind you, I didn't vote Obama either time so me defending him isn't a "my team issue." I didn't buy him in 08 and in 12 I felt the promises he delivered on weren't good enough if I liked them and he lied about the others (or at the very least, Congress couldn't deliver it to him.) As for his war crimes, one was against an American overseas who had ties to terrorist organizations and treated as a hostile would be during wartime activity. Now unless we are going to say the U.S. was wrong for the atomic bomb (which don't even try telling me is wrong because had the Invasion of Japan happen I might not even be here thanks to my grandfather being tested for it), I fail to see the problem with the drone strike.

Old 05-28-2018, 01:39 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Well, Antifa learned something at Charlottesville. The real Nazis tend to be pretty damn violent, especially when attacked. Poor Heather Heyer paid for that lesson with her life. Heather Heyer didn't have to die. If Antifa hadn't showed up and attacked the Nazis there, she'd still be alive today.
This sounds like the husband that abuses his wife and tells her she makes him do it. I really don't know how we go from Trump supporters loving the anti-PC culture to Antifa made a self-proclaimed neo-Nazi get in a car to run Heather Heyer down. It sounds exactly like Trump-logic where he demands that families be separated at the border, then tweets how horrible his own policy is.

"The self-professed neo-Nazi accused of barreling a car through a crowd of people protesting a white supremacist rally that killed one woman in Charlottesville over the summer is now being charged with first-degree murder."

Charlottesville suspect who plowed car into woman and killed her charged with first-degree murder - NY Daily News

Old 05-28-2018, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Domestic surveillance under Obama was not as big of an issue than it was under Bush. Bush started it with The Patriot Act. Obama's crime was not ending it (which I believe was a campaign promise.) The only thing was Snowden released the dirty little secrets that were only inuendo to those wearing tin-foil hats at the time. Now mind you, I didn't vote Obama either time so me defending him isn't a "my team issue." I didn't buy him in 08 and in 12 I felt the promises he delivered on weren't good enough if I liked them and he lied about the others (or at the very least, Congress couldn't deliver it to him.) As for his war crimes, one was against an American overseas who had ties to terrorist organizations and treated as a hostile would be during wartime activity. Now unless we are going to say the U.S. was wrong for the atomic bomb (which don't even try telling me is wrong because had the Invasion of Japan happen I might not even be here thanks to my grandfather being tested for it), I fail to see the problem with the drone strike.
Obama renewed the Patriot Act three times. He also expanded NSA power more than Bush.

His administration also murdered a 16 year old Colorado boy, the son of the “hostile,” who wasn't involved in any way with terrorist organizations. Besides, Al-alwaki was still an American citizen entitled to due process.

You also failed to bring up the thousands of civilians killed by drones under Obama, including hundreds of children.

You can probably guess how I feel about the atomic bombs, but out of respect I'll keep it to myself.

Old 05-28-2018, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
This sounds like the husband that abuses his wife and tells her she makes him do it. I really don't know how we go from Trump supporters loving the anti-PC culture to Antifa made a self-proclaimed neo-Nazi get in a car to run Heather Heyer down. It sounds exactly like Trump-logic where he demands that families be separated at the border, then tweets how horrible his own policy is.

"The self-professed neo-Nazi accused of barreling a car through a crowd of people protesting a white supremacist rally that killed one woman in Charlottesville over the summer is now being charged with first-degree murder."

Charlottesville suspect who plowed car into woman and killed her charged with first-degree murder - NY Daily News
What the hell your you talking about?? Okay, I'll simply this for you.
  1. A bunch of ******* white-supremacists organized a rally, get all the permits, etc. It's legal and they have the right to do it.
  2. Antifa shows up with every intention of beating the white-supremacists into silence.
  3. The Nazis fight back because they're violent *******s too and a girl with Antifa got herself killed. Many were injured on both sides.

Now, take away step 2 and nobody dies or even gets injured. Getting a group together to go beat people up is not a good and wholesome activity. Violence begets violence. How on earth is that difficult to comprehend???

You sound as though I think Heather Heyer's death was a good thing and that I actually like Donald Trump.

Old 05-28-2018, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Obama renewed the Patriot Act three times. He also expanded NSA power more than Bush.

His administration also murdered a 16 year old Colorado boy, the son of the “hostile,” who wasn't involved in any way with terrorist organizations. Besides, Al-alwaki was still an American citizen entitled to due process.

You also failed to bring up the thousands of civilians killed by drones under Obama, including hundreds of children.

You can probably guess how I feel about the atomic bombs, but out of respect I'll keep it to myself.
That's the trouble with the Duopoly of R's and D's. They seem to just love murdering people all over the planet. They pat themselves on the back for it. And getting rid of a warmongering piece of **** like George W Bush didn't do much good because Dems are onboard with all of the same evil stuff. Spying on Americans, torturing people in Gitmo, wasting billions on the useless war on drugs, overthrowing foreign governments and a disgusting unquenchable thirst for blood. It's just sick!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies