Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 01:12 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,436,590 times

Advertisements

Not a surprise:

https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAxjOft?m=en-u...rID=InAppShare

Brief quote:

"North Korea threatened Wednesday to cancel a much-anticipated and unprecedented summit between its leader Kim Jong Un and US President Donald Trump, the South's Yonhap news agency reported.
Pyongyang also cancelled high-level talks due Wednesday with Seoul over the Max Thunder joint military exercises between the US and the South, Yonhap said citing the North's official news agency KCNA"

Old 05-15-2018, 01:18 PM

700 posts, read 636,921 times
It wasn't entirely unreasonable for North Korea to have as a condition of talks for the United States and South Korea to cease military exercises on the peninsula. What possible reason could there have been to not cancel that exercise considering how fragile the relationship still is?

Old 05-15-2018, 01:18 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,081,959 times
Shocked, I tellsya.

Old 05-15-2018, 01:21 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,436,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5trillion View Post
It wasn't entirely unreasonable for North Korea to have as a condition of talks for the United States and South Korea to cease military exercises on the peninsula. What possible reason could there have been to not cancel that exercise considering how fragile the relationship still is?

It would have been a handsome concession on our part.....costing us less than nothing..as our plans in case of conflict have long been made--but..with no one really running the State Dept. we depend on Trump and Hannity.

Old 05-15-2018, 01:22 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,081,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
with no one really running the State Dept. we depend on Trump and Hannity.
Duck and cover...we're doomed.

Old 05-15-2018, 01:24 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,632,436 times
Appeasement.....if I wasn't a Patriot I would laugh at some murderous dictator whose entire GDP doesn't equal that of a square mile of Silicon Valley.....dictating terms to our POTUS.

This is one situation I would support Trump changing his mind about.

IMHO, he should tell them to f**k off - and let them deal with China and S.Korea (what they are doing anyway) and then let them grovel to us. It's a one way street in reality....not "equals" as Trump is making it.

Think about how much worse off N. Korea is than Russia - yet Russia fell apart in recent history due to corruption and lack of being able to take care of their populace while also arming up.

N. Korea is a joke. They already lost. Problem is, Trump wants to lose alone with them. After this "summit", it means we need to negotiate with anyone and everyone.

No one can doubt that Hamas or the Palestinians are vastly more reasonable and peaceful than N. Korea. They feed their people and provide basic services, even under terrible strain. They have a true beef.

Yet we are treating N. Korea as an equal??

Old 05-15-2018, 01:24 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,757,105 times
Did people really believe that NK was gonna be all peace and love now that they've demonstrated long range nuclear strike capability? Just because an orange clown yelled and stamped his feet?

Really?

Sometimes I wonder what kind of trauma your average conservative has endured... that they find empty would-be authoritarian bluster so compelling.

Old 05-15-2018, 01:32 PM

16,465 posts, read 10,487,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Appeasement.....if I wasn't a Patriot I would laugh at some murderous dictator whose entire GDP doesn't equal that of a square mile of Silicon Valley.....dictating terms to our POTUS.

By agreeing to meet, Trump makes himself look like the reasonable peacemaker in the eyes of the world. And if Kim backs out, all his bluster about wanting to meet with the American president is exposed as being just that: bluster. Kim has backed himself into a corner, and any excuse he gives for backing out will be seen as nothing more than hot air.

All of this serves to strengthen Trump's hand, and weaken Kim's. And I'm quite certain that Trump knows it.

Old 05-15-2018, 01:38 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,661,245 times
Kim has played Trump like a fiddle and has him exactly where he wants him. Trump brags about having put together this meeting with the murderous dictator Kim when it's something Kim has wanted for years. Now Kim can yank Trump's chain as much as he wants because Trump won't want to lose face and say the meeting is off.

It's an embarrassing and dangerous situation.

Old 05-15-2018, 01:41 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,075,058 times
There is no game playing here. I don't blame them. Nothing wrong with expecting the U.S. to quit playing war around your borders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.