Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 07:26 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,077,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
So no “widespread” or “electronic surveillance” nor was there an effort to meet (and note that “meeting” is different than “spying” by definition, as one is overt and one is covert) with with Trump’s campaign, but with two persons of interest who worked on the campaign. If IBM hires someone who deals drugs on the side and the police stop and interview him, are they “spying on IBM”?

In fact, your quote doesn’t even specify whether the informant became an informant before or after he or she met with Papadopoulos or Page.

Not just a failure and a lie, but a pathetic failure and a lie.

LoL

I just proved what I was saying, and now you're mad.

You clearly didn't read the article.

The article covers all the wide spread electronic surveillance.

Dear God, read the article, you're just embarrassing yourself.

Old 05-17-2018, 07:42 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,813,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
LoL

So unlike the Clinton case, the FBI did not acknowledge that there was an investigation into Trump at all during the 2016 election cycle.

How does this fit in with Trump's narrative that the FBI is corrupt and against him?

Old 05-17-2018, 07:46 PM

25,591 posts, read 56,367,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91
This "government informant" was the one initiating the contact with both Papadopoulos, and Carter Page.
WHERE DO YOU GET THAT????

INITIATED is an ASSUMPTION on your part.

The statement "conversations between an informant" does NOT mean these conversations were INITIATED by that informant.

Words matter. Do NOT impute meaning where there is NONE.

and...

Stop making things up. Your life will go a whole lot better if you live in the real world, not the world populated by fantasy and alternative facts and paranoia.

Old 05-17-2018, 07:51 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,570,048 times
Quote:
LoL

Why would I be mad that you proved that you’re posting lies? I read the article. It says nothing close to what you’ve claimed and you proved it. Thank you for that.

Old 05-17-2018, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Yes, an informant that was the one initiating the contact with both Papadopoulos, and Carter Page. We're already getting reports that this informant was pushing them to contact Russians, and was the one that set up the Papadopoulos meeting with Downer.

Not to mention that the "Russian agent" Joseph Mifsud, that allegedly told Papadopoulos about the Hillary emails, well Mifsud has a long history of working with British intelligence people.

You can't make this stuff up.

I have a feeling that we are going to get more details about this "informant".
And yet you did...

Old 05-17-2018, 07:56 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,813,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
So unlike the Clinton case, the FBI did not acknowledge that there was an investigation into Trump at all during the 2016 election cycle.

How does this fit in with Trump's narrative that the FBI is corrupt and against him?
And there's more to undermine Trump's and supporter's claims that the FBI was out to get him - from the very same article:

Congressional Republicans, led by Representative Devin Nunes of California, have begun to dig into F.B.I. files, looking for evidence that could undermine the investigation. Much remains unknown and classified. But those who saw the investigation up close, and many of those who have reviewed case files in the past year, say that far from gunning for Mr. Trump, the F.B.I. could actually have done more in the final months of 2016 to scrutinize his campaign’s Russia ties.

I never saw anything that resembled a witch hunt or suggested that the bureau’s approach to the investigation was politically driven,” said Mary McCord, a 20-year Justice Department veteran and the top national security prosecutor during much of the investigation’s first nine months.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:36 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,077,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
WHERE DO YOU GET THAT????

INITIATED is an ASSUMPTION on your part.

The statement "conversations between an informant" does NOT mean these conversations were INITIATED by that informant.

Words matter. Do NOT impute meaning where there is NONE.

and...

Stop making things up. Your life will go a whole lot better if you live in the real world, not the world populated by fantasy and alternative facts and paranoia.
Just because you aren't aware of reporting outside of CNN, doesn't mean I'm making things up.

You should spend time following independent, and citizen journalist, they are leading the way on this story.

Things that have come out from CNN, NYT, and WaPo are days, weeks, or months old to us that are following the independent media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
And yet you did...
Says the person that didn't read the article.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:49 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,290,257 times
So now this thread has veered back to calling the NY Times "fakenews". Good stuff.

It looks like a few Trump cultists actually decided to read the article. Oops!

Old 05-17-2018, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
So now this thread has veered back to calling the NY Times "fakenews". Good stuff.

It looks like a few Trump cultists actually decided to read the article. Oops!
I would get really bummed out if I was consistently bought in to a bunch of vapid right wing nut job conspiracies only proved wrong by a bunch of strangers on the internet time after time. Yet here we are again.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:50 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,805,240 times
Quote:
Yes, an informant that was the one initiating the contact with both Papadopoulos, and Carter Page. We're already getting reports that this informant was pushing them to contact Russians, and was the one that set up the Papadopoulos meeting with Downer.

Not to mention that the "Russian agent" Joseph Mifsud, that allegedly told Papadopoulos about the Hillary emails, well Mifsud has a long history of working with British intelligence people.

You can't make this stuff up.

I have a feeling that we are going to get more details about this "informant".
Anyone who attempts to use Carter Page in a discussion automatically has a very weak argument.

Page is an oddball. A strange creature. One who will admit and deny anything in one instance and take the opposite view the next time. And he surely didn't need pushing to contact Russians, that was and has been a favorite past-time with him. For years.

That said, he is very intelligent. I think he has been skating on very thin ice with the FBI for years and realizes very well that he could find himself in prison for the next 5-10 years. Thus his adapting the persona of an absolute flake and hopes like he11 that he can avoid jail. Take anything he says with a huge grain of salt and then forget it, its not worth remembering, he is just trying to cover himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.