Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 12:04 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,114,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Your rebuttal to a statistical post was a personal anecdote. Something that would get you mocked by other engineers and scientists. I struggle to believe you worked in the engineering and testing side. Sorry.
Funny...you seem to have overlooked the graph I posted which showed the political ideology of engineers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2018, 12:05 PM

17,001 posts, read 12,578,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I hope she takes that with her to her next job interview. See how it goes.
Already took a job. LOL.

Am I the only one neither happy nor mad, but simply amused?

Old 05-17-2018, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Already took a job. LOL.

Am I the only one neither happy nor mad, but simply amused?
People get so upset over things that don't affect their liberty. Just respect her property rights and get on with life.

Old 05-17-2018, 12:17 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,133,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Cops carry guns like that and are shooting people in the streets and hallways like there's no tomorrow. The military uses guns way more powerful than that and massacres civilians like there's no tomorrow. The government in general has guns like that.

Do you consider them “gun nuts?” Or do they have more rights than we do...
As soldiers or law enforcement officers, yes, they do have more rights than John Doe. Can't believe you are comparing military member weapons to those of John Doe the plumber. You believe in anarchy if you think you need guns to protect yourself from our military and police. BTW, no president in recent history is beefing up the military and law enforcement more than Trump, so I assume you don't support him.

Old 05-17-2018, 12:19 PM

858 posts, read 423,636 times
“I should have been able to do so as a student — especially since 4 unarmed students were shot and killed by the government on this campus,”

Not sure what to say about this quote. What is she implying?

Old 05-17-2018, 12:20 PM

19,590 posts, read 12,196,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Attention who**
She looks completely ridiculous. Real pro 2nd amendment folks don't need or support those stunts.

Old 05-17-2018, 12:30 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,239,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
I'm not talking about “civil defense.” Civil defense is still defense of the State.

The U.S. government is already tyrannical, and has been for over 100 years. The difference, however, between Americans and the other countries you listed is due to two things: the history of American rebellion, and the sheer amount of firearms in the hands of private citizens.
Our history of rebellion amounts to a group of slave owning white supremacists taking arms against their own citizens in violation of a constitution they swore alliance to.

That said, the rebellion in question only succeed because existing state based militias were already in place that could be readily mobilized to go to war. A far cry from the 100 million unorganized random gun owners. Assuming things go belly up, the government isn't going to stand around for years as gun owning citizens organize themselves properly. They will be busy rounding you lot up and shipping you to Alaskan gulags were you will be worked to death.

Also armed citizens can also be used by a tyrannical government to suppress the rest of the population. The assumption that you lot will always be on the right side of history is nothing but folly. I seriously struggle to comprehend how you gun guys think this whole affair is going to be played out.

Old 05-17-2018, 12:41 PM

1,991 posts, read 898,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
^^ Threats like this are the reason we need to arm ourselves. And to think this person probably thinks they are a Liberal And you wonder why Donald Trump is our President
No...The threat started with her stupid sign. The implication is that she will shoot anyone who tries to take her gun. Throw a little chum in the water, as it were. Which, of course, is the whole purpose of this exercise isn't it?

I should be shocked by the cognitive disconnect you righties post on here everyday, but nowadays, not so much anymore.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
As soldiers or law enforcement officers, yes, they do have more rights than John Doe.
You actually think certain people have more natural inalienable rights than others? That's absolutely terrifying.

That attitude is how military juntas acquire power and how genocides happen.

Quote:
Can't believe you are comparing military member weapons to those of John Doe the plumber. You believe in anarchy if you think you need guns to protect yourself from our military and police.
Wow, you outed me.

Yes, I am an anarchist.

They're not "our" military and police (they're all the same thing nowadays anyhow). They're armed agents of the State. Ask the hundreds of unarmed men and women who have been shot by cops over the last few years. John Doe the plumber has the same right to own weapons as Barney Fife and G.I. Joe.

Quote:
BTW, no president in recent history is beefing up the military and law enforcement more than Trump, so I assume you don't support him.
Nope. Can't stand him. His blatant pandering to bootlickers makes him even worse than he already is.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosep View Post
“I should have been able to do so as a student — especially since 4 unarmed students were shot and killed by the government on this campus,”

Not sure what to say about this quote. What is she implying?
It's brilliant, actually.

She's throwing shade on the leftists who want to take away her right to own guns while at the same time throwing shade on the righties who worship at the altar of cops and the military.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies