Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 01:38 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,925,039 times

Advertisements

Wilders would be wise to go on the lam. There are just some groups out there one should not offend or be publicly critical of.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:46 AM

1,845 posts, read 4,228,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Wilders would be wise to go on the lam. There are just some groups out there one should not offend or be publicly critical of.
That would be a wise move. BUT how would he survive debate like Tricky suggests? Theo Van Gough didn't.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:46 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,233,536 times
Originally Posted by Bob The Builder
Quote:
Can you direct us to any debates between Theo and the Muslims?
Theo has made movies starring Moroccan youths in it.
He made many discussion programs and wrote many columns in which he debated with other (Islam) publicists.
Unfortunately his debates with the Islam youth are not in the media because they happen whenever he was cycling through Amsterdam.
Theo was open and would talk with anyone who wanted to, where Wilders is closed and an isolationist.
Wilders is an isolationist because this is the only way to never loose a debate.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:58 AM

I don't think debating "infidels", "those who would insult Islam" or "women who nag" is part of the program.

Old 03-28-2008, 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by doc1
Quote:
I don't think debating "infidels", "those who would insult Islam" or "women who nag" is part of the program.
You cannot insult the Islam, only those who believe in the Islam.
Wilder's aim was to insult everyone who believes in the Islam, even those who were and are trying to 'enlighten' it by separating religion and state, like Christianity.
Nowadays I don't believe that the Israelis have separated their religion and state, even when they call themselves a democracy.

Old 03-28-2008, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by doc1You cannot insult the Islam, only those who believe in the Islam.
Wilder's aim was to insult everyone who believes in the Islam, even those who were and are trying to 'enlighten' it by separating religion and state, like Christianity.
Nowadays I don't believe that the Israelis have separated their religion and state, even when they call themselves a democracy.
Tricky

Forgive us, the schools in the US are not as good as the schools in Holland. Funding.

Why would Wilder want to insult? What would be his motive for that?

Old 03-28-2008, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Why would Wilder want to insult? What would be his motive for that?
Because throwing insults at each other (which is how propaganda works) is far easier than debating over an issue.
Hitler used the black goating technique and demonized the Jews to unite 'the Arian people'. Nothing unites better and easier than introducing a common threat; in Hitler's case the Jews and in Wilder's case the Islam.
It is always the easiest to pick on the weakest and / or the newest kid on the block.
Especially when they don't look like the majority.

Old 03-28-2008, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Bob The BuilderBecause throwing insults at each other (which is how propaganda works) is far easier than debating over an issue.
Hitler used the black goating technique and demonized the Jews to unite 'the Arian people'. Nothing unites more and easier than introduce a common threat in Hitler's case the Jews and in Wilder's case the Islam.
It is always the easiest to pick on the weakest and / or the newest kid on the block.
Okay. I understand. I was looking at the FEAR angle. I think this video instills fear. I think you are saying it both instills fear in the nonbelievers and insults the believers. Is that right?

Old 03-28-2008, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Okay. I understand. I was looking at the FEAR angle. I think this video instills fear. I think you are saying it both instills fear in the nonbelievers and insults the believers. Is that right?
Yes, fear is the easiest to grasp for the masses.
If there had been no economical crisis in Germany I doubt Hitler would have been noticed. The same goes for finding oil in the Middle East.
If there would've been no oil in the Middle East, I doubt that 9/11 and the bombings in Spain and London would have happened.

Old 03-28-2008, 03:54 AM

Is this film all a big lie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies