Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2018, 11:49 AM

46,197 posts, read 26,953,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Not to the gun lovers, he's not. He's a great American gun-totin' hero, showing everyone just what it is that rules our country. And it's not "thoughts and prayers," it's that gun strapped to his waist.

All hail and bow down to our firearm masters.

No, he's a stupid idiot.....but continue to post things that you're told to post....

Old 05-18-2018, 11:51 AM

21,407 posts, read 10,493,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
So, why wasn't it more prevalent when our laws were really lax ? You are aware that in the '70's one could order a semi auto rifle right out of the Sears catalog and have it shipped to your house. Why weren't there school shootings on a weekly basis then ? Not to mention those in rural areas that had shotguns and rifles in gun racks right in their trucks ? Saw this all the time in the 80's in KS.
Because the Internet didn’t exist. There are websites dedicated to those idiots from Columbine. They turned them into anti-heroes fighting back against their bullies. And they are trying to do that in this thread, and with Nikolas Cruz in Florida.

We need to face reality and put metal detectors in schools. Protect our kids as well as we protect our courthouses and airports.

Old 05-18-2018, 11:51 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,587,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
My goodness, what is going on with the violent behavior of those teens these days? Doesn't anybody ever tell them that it's wrong to kill somebody for no reason?

I can't imagine being a parent or a family member of those who perished in this incident. I'll wait and see what the authorities have to say about this.
You know I was thinking the same thing...WTF is wrong with teens today?
How horrible are their lives to commit such acts?
At 17 I was worried about upcoming college & working to support my family, my older brother leaving for the military & listening to American Top 40 on Sundays with Kasey Casem to hear what songs had topped the charts!
Idle minds are the tools of the devil it seems!

Old 05-18-2018, 11:53 AM

125 posts, read 84,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Yes! We Americans love our guns and any intelligent person can tell you that it is not the guns that are killing these kids it is the crazy people that are holding them. You want to get rid of gun violence then go after the people that should not be allowed to own them.

Totally agree! Growing up, all the boys had guns and knives from a fairly young age. Nobody shot us up, nobody even ever threatened to do that. Not the boy who was dumped by his girlfriend, not the kid whose parents divorced, not the kid who didn’t make the sports team, not the kid who didn’t sit with the “cool” crowd.

Mental illness in our younger population is simply tragic, and- they manage to get firearms.

Old 05-18-2018, 11:53 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,280,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
And a society in which the rule of law is ignored. Illegal aliens and sanctuary cities/state, for example. There are MANY times more Americans killed by illegal aliens than are killed in school shootings.
Undocumented immigrants have much lower rates of crime than legal U.S. residents, so your comment makes no sense. And your comparison is bizarre. Why would you compare ALL killings by millions of people to a tiny subset of overall U.S. killings (only those in one type of building?)

Technically, you would increase crime if you were able to magically deport every undocumented U.S. resident.

And this massacre was caused by a white dude in a deep red, Trump-loving God and guns community. Has nothing to do with immigrants, legal or otherwise.

Old 05-18-2018, 11:54 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,146,705 times
Hmm... this kid was apparently out of his mind.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/05/18/santa...shirt-7558129/

Old 05-18-2018, 11:54 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,062,538 times
Reports of a man showing up to Sante Fe HS, with a gun on his hip (open carry) and a Trump MAGA hat on, waving an American Flag.

Yeah, lets show up to a school with a gun where 10 people were just murdered a few hours ago.

Oh Trump supporters...you never cease to amaze me.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...-gun/23438065/

Old 05-18-2018, 11:55 AM

10,077 posts, read 5,703,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Oh geez.

Most public schools in the developed world have separated religion from education. Yet, mass school shootings are rare.

Most of the school shooters in the US came from families who identify as Christians.

BTW, you don’t see mass school shootings in Israel, despite the majority of students are not Christian.

Mental illness trumps religion.
Most other countries have a strong sense of culture, community and family. Not so in America. A young person can be completely isolated and then told to go kill themselves on social media by cold hearted peers.

7,264 posts, read 4,187,458 times
terrible tragedy. this type of thing seems to be more of a breakdown of the family unit due to technology and social media. fix those things.

46,197 posts, read 26,953,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Reports of a man showing up to Sante Fe HS, with a gun on his hip (open carry) and a Trump MAGA hat on, waving an American Flag.

Yeah, lets show up to a school with a gun where 10 people were just murdered a few hours ago.

Oh Trump supporters...you never cease to amaze me.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...-gun/23438065/

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
No, he's a stupid idiot.....but continue to post things that you're told to post....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies