Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2018, 12:37 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Here is the Trump supporter outside the scene of a mass shooting, with a gun and a MAGA hat

https://twitter.com/funder/status/99...795685888?s=20
My God, he’s truly a village idiot.

Old 05-18-2018, 12:37 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Everyone at that school this morning was a victim.
perhaps.
zinny said the walkout students got shot.

without knowing any victims names, or having any idea which students were involved in the walkout.

seems odd.

Old 05-18-2018, 12:38 PM

352 posts, read 324,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
yet it is part of the liberal mantra...I HAVE to get my 15 minutes of fame or I am worthless
What is it with right-wingers where they try to blame EVERYTHING on the left? I thought the left wanted to take guns away, so how come mass shootings are always blamed on the left when they don't like guns? Hmmm...

Old 05-18-2018, 12:39 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HedgeYourInvestments View Post
What is it with right-wingers where they try to blame EVERYTHING on the left? I thought the left wanted to take guns away, so how come mass shootings are always blamed on the left when they don't like guns? Hmmm...
It's easier than trying to find a real cause or a real solution to this. Just assign blame, then do nothing.

Old 05-18-2018, 12:40 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Our society is not addressing the CAUSE of these shootings. More guns by "good guys" nor more gun control laws are the answers.

You have to get to the root cause of the problem; whether bullying, mental illness, bad/lack of parental involvement. We also live in the 21st Century now, not in the past where we did not have 24/7 news feeds, Internet, or Social Media which these teens with "issues" can readily access and feed on.

We need to stop throwing band aid solutions to school shootings, and address the WHY'S.
You're finally waking up to that now...

I've been saying it in every thread pertaining to a shooting.

Address Motive. Incentive. Enabling outliers. Have a deterrent.
Focusing on the implement will do nothing.

You've been on the blame guns band wagon up until now.
Good, there's hope afterall...

I've also said repeatedly, if 1 wish were to be granted, and collectively every firearm, every piece of ammo, the knowledge to create and construct firearms and ammo were to vanish from the world. Nothing would be solved. The implement will only change.

But if the wish for violent thoughts and actions were to disappear from the world, there could be enough firearms in the world 2/3 per every man woman and child thousands of rounds per weapon and there wouldn't be an issue...

Unfortunately, the feeble and emotional out number the common sense and logical.

So rather than do nothing, or blame the guns...
How about we start blaming the individual who committed a heinous act with one?
How about we address what causes them to do what they do?
Rather than demonize or conflate/falsely equate peaceable law abiding citizens with the heinous.

My solutions are as follows.
Motive. stop reporting and romanticizing these events to every fine detail.
It has been said by the Sandy Hook scumbag he studied Columbine and others.
Today's incident involved a firedrill...
Parkland scumbag pulled the fire alarm...
Gee... I wonder if the tactics and weapons used being reported serve as a study guide for these scumbags...

Incentive. End gun free schools. Allow those that are school faculty, that want to be armed and trained, to be armed and trained, rather than huddling on the floor to be a shooting gallery for the scumbags.
I've said this since highschool following my first lock down drill. I'd rather a teacher have a pistol on them and put rounds on the threat barging through the door than to be easy targets for the scumbag.

Gun free zones provide for the deranged a sense of comfort in knowing when seconds matter, help is but minutes away. So it would be better to descend upon an area with little to 0 resistance than to face an armed opposition.
They'd think twice if the area they targeted started shooting back and putting them down like rabid animals to be made an example out of.

Intent. What's causing someone to willingly stoop that low to descend upon others with extreme violence?
Can rule out the firearm as firearms are inanimate objects incapable of thought or action.
Could it be failed parenting, failed school policy, causing a generation to ostracize each other? Be wicked to one another? Have little to no respect for one another?
Starts at home. Extends into the schools.
Can't devote proper time to raise a kid? Don't have one.
Think a new cure all pill you heard about from the stepford wives over a box of wine will replace discipline? Or deflect your kids actions to some excusable trendy new disorder? Nope. Not buying it.

Think dumping a video game, internet capable devices in their laps as a form of entertainment is productive? Nope...
Make them play. Let them be kids. Stop coddling them, they're not fragile beings whose life will end if they skin their shins on a bicycle pedal...
Wonder why they're hyper in school? Stop feeding them crap sugar for breakfast. Engage with them in physical activities. Do stuff with them outside, give them chores to do. Sedentary lifestyles suck for health anyways...

Can't raise them, don't have them. If you're under the impression they're super fragile and you need to hover over them and protect them from everything they're never going to learn how to progress as a person. They need to know failure in order to acheive success. If that comes in the form of a skinned knee from a bicycle, falling out of a tree, discipline following detestable behavior or poor grades, right on up to rejection... so be it. They have to be taught that they aren't flawless perfect little beings. Not saying you need to go to the absolute extreme and call them worthless or beat the brakes off them for so much as looking at you funny...

My parents operated many businesses yet, still had time to raise my little sister and I...
We weren't special nor privileged. We were held to high and strict standards. Punishments/discipline fit our behaviors.
Didn't want a belt or beating? Don't be a little miscreant.
Didnt want to strip your bedroom bare and haul everything up to the attic to sleep on the floor with 2 pillows and a blanket, and have your head shaved, lose your wardrobe and wear sweat pants velcro grandpa shoes and a plain white tee shirt? Don't act like a criminal, you won't be treated like one.
Wanted to be able to do things? Other than be the indentured slave? Keep your grades up to at least an 80/B average.
We did stuff outside. When videogames and the Internet really took off, we were among the few who actually did kid/teenager stuff. Others were preoccupied with Playstation, Xbox, MySpace, AIMchat, etc.

Dinner was at 7 no excuses.
When cell phones were allowed at 16, they were not to be at the dinner table.
Sundays were family days.
I had to work with my father from the day I turned 13 onward to earn my keep. If I wanted more money I had to work elsewhere for it. And I did... I had no special privileges.
He was harder on me than any boss I ever had. Unlike today where if you back talk a manager you get written up, you back talked him and got cuffed upside the head.
Unlike a boss who'd say you screwed up and they're disappointed, he'd take it to a whole different level. I can only thank him at his grave for being as hard on me as he was, I have my own business with 14 employees.

We had firearms in the house in a glass and wood cabinet. Ammo was locked up beneath them. Wanted to look, look. Wanted to touch, ask to go shooting. No threats against another with a firearm were tollerated. From 8-12 I was under his supervision.
From 13/14 on, all I had to do was leave a note where I would be with proof my homework was done and had better have all work assignments/details finished.
I had responsibilities only a few other kids in school had. (Usually the ones who grew up on farms or who had parents that owned a business as well)
I had unabridged access to rifles and shotguns. Rifles 4x as powerful as the dreaded AR15 from 13 on.

Can't be the guns or access to guns... if the logic is access to guns = murderous actions, am I the exception? If so, why?
Safes full of firearms. Yet 0 atrocities committed. Why is that? Could it be, firearms lack action and thought all by themselves? Could it be I have no desire to harm another? With multiple AR platform AK platform rifles carbines and pistols. Why do I lack murderous aggression? Could it be, I value and have respect for others lives? Train proficiently and responsibly? Would only use them in a case of self defense, defense of others, defense of property, and enjoy a hobby others demonize?

30 years of being, and all I hear is how it's the guns fault...
Nah. It's not the guns... it's the scumbags being bred...

Old 05-18-2018, 12:41 PM

3,733 posts, read 5,964,681 times
Thoughts and prayers, thoughts and prayers, thoughts and prayers. There, that covered this one and the next two school massacres.

We need to face the fact that after all the hand-wringing and talking heads on TV are done with this news cycle, absolutely nothing will be done by the populace or the government. Dead kids are collateral damage to the NRA as long as they can continue to guarantee their followers easy and unlimited access to as many firearms as they want with no way to track it. The government will do nothing because they are all beholding to the NRA and the money they provide to get them elected. The government also cuts funding for mental health and for healthcare in general, so don't go looking there for any sympathy. The present government's supreme leader has also made it more acceptable for white nationalists/supremacists/nazis to rise up in the name of "free speech," ("good people on both sides") so look for more of these parasites coming our way and influencing young people. Parents in these suburban districts won't do anything because they think it's never their kids that may do something like this or be a victim.

Old 05-18-2018, 12:41 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
yet it is part of the liberal mantra...I HAVE to get my 15 minutes of fame or I am worthless
nutter parents probably provided the weapons used

Old 05-18-2018, 12:43 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
the fascist liberals do what to ban guns (thereby eliminating the 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th amendments)...but the liberals will do nothing about the mental health issues.. the left would rather defend the animal ms13

Old 05-18-2018, 12:44 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,651,799 times
Quote:
So, this is the liberals fault, they made this guy kill 10 people? If not, then you need to move on with your nonsense.

Old 05-18-2018, 12:46 PM

46,278 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
It's easier than trying to find a real cause or a real solution to this. Just assign blame, then do nothing.

LOL, because it's the left that continues to want more "sensible gun laws" yet, when asked what those laws are, they cannot provide anything.

Then when asked which of the current 22k guns laws currently on the books would have stopped these shootings? Never a response....

Then we have the leftist ole joe biden saying they don't have time to prosecute those that lie on the 4473...

Then once again, we have ole joe, saying just take you double barrel and shoot up in the air, that'll run them off....<<< Common sense by the left....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies