Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2018, 02:31 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,142,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
evil murderer.

there are no rational reasons for irrational acts.

some people are just evil.
I don't think so. I think he has a mental problem. I'm not making excuses, but he was suicidal. Why did he kill all these kids first?

Old 05-18-2018, 02:31 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,473,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I could care less about semantics in this debate,
It isn't semantics.
Assault rifle is clearly defined as a compact carbine firing an intermediate powered cartridge, with selective rates of fire. Safe. Semi. Burst./Safe. Semi. Full auto.

Can you show me a readily available assault rifle newly manufactured to the public?
Oh. You can't? Because Hughes amendment we can't have a newly manufactured readily available assault rifle.

If you say the AR 15 is an assault rifle and not a hunting rifle, I can post photos from a few months back when my girlfriend and I hunted wild boars with them proving end user dictates end use.

Or go scan old photos of coyotes I've taken with an AR15.
Deer taken with an AR10.

Old 05-18-2018, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Shotguns and revolvers (the murder weapons in this shooting) are dead LAST on the "guns leftists want to ban" list. There are tens of millions of 'em in circulation.

There is ZERO possibility of revolvers and shotguns going away. Even if they were banned (an impossibility in and of itself) there is ZERO chance of them disappearing off the streets.

You will never shame 2A supporters into giving away their Constitutional Rights because we know we are NOT to blame. Some troubled satanist Greek American kid did the deed and the blame is on HIM.
I'm not a hardcore gun fanatic and even *I* have no interest in changing much about how we buy shotguns.

I am, however, interested in looking into charging parents when their teens use the parents' guns to commit crimes.

Old 05-18-2018, 02:33 PM

4,232 posts, read 3,146,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Growing up hunting rifles were common, not assault weapons. Times have changed and, whether one wants to admit it or not, the ubiquity of semi-automatic weapons and their acceptance has made their use and mass killings more likely and more subject to abuse.

The sad and pathetic truth is that not enough school age and teenage blood has been spilt yet for many Americans to do what is necessary to end this violence. They are just sitting passively. One day their outrage will awaken though and change will come and will come swiftly.
I don't believe "assault" weapons were used in this case! Am I wrong?

Old 05-18-2018, 02:33 PM

25,788 posts, read 16,429,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Thug is the new N-word.
And I suppose you don’t care about their lives since you want to classify their race.

See, I’m weird, I care about their lives.

Old 05-18-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TasteofSourCherry View Post
On his social media accounts he took pictures of guns and knives (implying they were his - probably was), as well as a shirt that says "born to kill."

If we can't ban guns, public schools need a true zero tolerance policy - any student remotely taking pictures of guns etc can be expelled. It's a new age we live in.
I think they need to be investigated, at the bare minimum. And put on some sort of watch list.

If they show photos while communicating any sort of threats? Get police and social services involved.

I don't think Jim Bob whose daddy took him to the turkey shoot and snapped a photo, but has no other photos of guns on his social media needs to be expelled.

Common sense would be good here.

Old 05-18-2018, 02:35 PM

17,390 posts, read 11,927,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Apart from a few domestic murder/suicides and a couple of terror attacks, there have been very few mass killings in Australia since 1996. There's certainly been nothing like the multiple school massacres or the Las Vegas and Pulse nightclub kind.

There were several prior to the gun buyback.
Garbage. There have been fewer mass shootings in Australia after 1996. But the number of people killed in mass killings has remained virtually the same. The number of mass killings by fire, beatings, stabbings and vehicles has skyrocketed however.

People who want to kill WILL.

Old 05-18-2018, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Kids just need some damn discipline.........better to beat them now, than to possibly bury them later.
I don't think an ass whupping was going to fix this guy.

I get your general point re: discipline, but not beating kids. Like, why did he have access to these guns? Why did his parents not know what he was posting on social media?

Hold parents accountable for this crap.

13,239 posts, read 9,860,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Garbage. There have been fewer mass shootings in Australia after 1996. But the number of people killed in mass killings has remained virtually the same. The number of mass killings by fire, beatings, stabbings and vehicles has skyrocketed however.

People who want to kill WILL.
Please list all these mass killings that have "skyrocketed".

20,782 posts, read 9,404,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
I don't believe "assault" weapons were used in this case! Am I wrong?
Again ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
According to the Houston Chronicle, an AR-15 style rifle was used:

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...m-85307-tbla-5
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies