Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2018, 03:21 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,122,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Feeling bad and extremely sorry for all those who lost their lives and their loved ones who are in mourning.

Whether gun control or anger in our kids or mental issues or whatever it is - needs to be identified and fixed.

What can we do on our individual level?

I say, if you have school going kids, talk to them, be friends with them and practice patience to know what's going on their lives and what are their challenges?

Waiting on govt to ban the guns or having every single kid evaluated by a psychologist, won't do it - we ALL have to step up and talk to our kids in a nice and gentle way.

Everyone's life has been robbed by the addiction of internet - hardly anyone cares of anyone else.
And... if you have guns? Keep them secured.

Old 05-18-2018, 03:22 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,389,410 times
Late to post and I only read some of the replies, but just want to say that if today was different and that did not happen, but lets say what did happen instead was that the kid's Father went to work early and the Mother and 3 small kids were sleeping up stairs and two intruders with masks on, busted through the back door with guns in hands and shooting up the place and the kid grabbed his Dad's gun and shot the intruders to protect himself, his Mother and his siblings, we would all be calling him a hero today.

Now, I don't have a quick answer here, but just want to point out, that parents locking up their guns tight are not "always" the answer.

Really depends on the kid, which I know, can be many times be an impossible job.

What I can say for sure is what happened today was horrible and my prayers go out all involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Sorry... Your humble opinion is legally incorrect.
Laws can be changed. And, if we aren't going to restrict guns any further for legal purchasers, we should be looking at charging gun owners when their guns are improperly secured and are used to commit crimes.

88,684 posts, read 44,457,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdude2013 View Post
Steals your gun yes... Cars are for transport, so that argument is silly.
Wow. You're severely under-informed. Cars/vans/trucks have been used in Islamic Jihad mass murder attacks in the US, Canada, and Europe.

Old 05-18-2018, 03:23 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,259,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Can we have concurrent new lease laws so that renters cannot lease anything to Muslims (including housing which can be used to construct pipe bombs, etc. out of sight) that can possibly be used as a weapon because we already know know Muslims commit mass murder jihads in the US? Or do you have a problem with that?
Yeah! And no teenage boys either. We already know they shoot up schools! Or do you have a problem with that?

Old 05-18-2018, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Should you be liable for kid snagging the car keys without permission and running someone over?
Yes. If the kid has no license, why does he have access to a car and keys?

Old 05-18-2018, 03:24 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,230,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Some of these disturbed young adults feed off the media and decide it's a great idea for them to do it too--(shoot a large amount of people in a public place) for some unresolved issue they are living and their idea is to shoot the innocent and that gets them instant, memorable notoriety.
Yeah because mass media doesn't exist in other country.....again what separates us from everyone else. Guns aside....

Old 05-18-2018, 03:24 PM

1,704 posts, read 744,565 times
This is the common type of event you should expect when you have over 300 million firearms possessed by all kinds of Americans with such a wide range of temperaments and socio-political agendas.

Over 300 millions guns possessed, thanks to the NRA!

Old 05-18-2018, 03:26 PM

88,684 posts, read 44,457,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Weapons? I have not seen that at any HD I've ever been to.
Home Depot's leased weapon in the NYC massacre

Old 05-18-2018, 03:26 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,230,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdude2013 View Post
How many Muslims live in the US? How many have committed mass murders?

You are really stretching here to cover up your lack of persoanl responsibility. I guess the Constitution is of convenience to you.
And this lot are the ones who drone on endlessly about other people taking personal responsibility. When its their turn its nothing but excuses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies