Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2018, 05:00 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times

Advertisements

If we are going to have a Second Amendment that makes firearms easily accessible, then we have to harden our schools, and that includes having more armed guards and teachers. It sounds absurd, and it is, but so are mass shootings being commonplace, and something has to be done.

Old 05-18-2018, 05:02 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
So in otherwords you don't want to put your reasons out there for the world to see why you oppose others rights?

You're just going to blat about europe.
I see...
You know the answer but you are to coward to say it. Redeem yourself. Why don't we see similar numbers of mass shootings in Europe as we do in the US?

Old 05-18-2018, 05:02 PM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I'm not against metal detectors, but the Parkland kids got shot during a fire alarm and so did these kids.

Tell me what sort of metal detector anyone is paying attention to during a fire alarm?

None.

And, kids are getting shot outdoors when they exit due to a pulled alarm.

We need people to quit giving kids access to weapons.

There was no reason this 17yo today should have had his dad's guns. There was no reason Adam Lanza should have had access to his mom's guns. None.

The Parkland shooter should have been flagged. That kid had major mental problems.

This is part of the issue. Laxity. It's not that we need more laws. We just need to enforce the ones we have AND we need people who own guns to be responsible with them.
I agree with you here. Unfortunately, we cannot force people to be responsible. Apparently we can't force parents to see their kids are having troubles. Most of these kids don't just wake up one day crazy enough to do something like this. There are signs, behavioral issues, mental issues, depression, anger, sociopathic behavior, etc. Unfortunately, many of the parents may have their own undiagnosed issues with this as well. Or they're so stupid they can't recognize that if your kid is sick like that, you should get rid of your guns.

There will always be ways around every solution in some cases, but gun control laws will NOT prevent them. The media just feeds these events. I knew we would have another event after all the publicity Parkland got, and several were thwarted so it could have been even more shootings since then.

Those Parkland kids naively did everything they could to fix an unfixable problem, and fed the media narrative so much that it kept it on the news for weeks. That's like adding kindling to a fire.

I'm not sure you're correct about the fire alarms in these two shootings. The gunmen were inside the building with their weapons in each case. Had there been metal detectors, they wouldn't have gotten inside.

Of course we know that the next shooter could just wait outside the school and shoot people coming out of the building, or any number of things that crazy people come up with, but we can't prevent everything. It has always been that way, and shall forever be that way.

Old 05-18-2018, 05:03 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
We're still NOT giving up our guns, so don't bother trying to take them!
May want to consider how to solve this school shooting problem while the GOP has all branches of government because, if not, the democrats will for you very soon.

Old 05-18-2018, 05:03 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Yet, you guys are doing nothing about it. So you don't seem to have a problem with your 2nd Amendment rights being violated. Since they are already being violated why not just violate them a little more and maybe we'd have less dead kids for a change.
Oh I am. Just like you assumed I lack training or discipline in the other thread. You assume alot Ken. You have no idea who I have affiliations with. Who I've sat down and talked with. But do go on and assume.

Problem we have is Worthless politicians that are willing to compromise for popularity.

Maybe if we allowed armed faculty members in schools, rather than denying their rights, maybe wed see less dead kids for a change.

Old 05-18-2018, 05:05 PM

3,869 posts, read 4,079,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
May want to consider how to solve this school shooting problem while the GOP has all branches of government because, if not, the democrats will for you very soon.
Dems won't do anything........forget them.

Old 05-18-2018, 05:05 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
To keep this info from a parent is an egregious overreach of government that keeps the person responsible (the parents) from parenting.
The exception is for reproductive health. Many teens were afraid to seek medical treatment for STDs due to fear of parental reaction.

Old 05-18-2018, 05:07 PM

57,284 posts, read 26,206,502 times
I don't see all the details but how did these kids get access to guns, why weren't the parents aware of their problems. No one in the school was aware of their problems.

Old 05-18-2018, 05:07 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
You know the answer but you are to coward to say it. Redeem yourself. Why don't we see similar numbers of mass shootings in Europe as we do in the US?
Too coward? Coming from someone who believes others rights should be curtailed as according to them... and open to subjective interpretation as according to them?

Who's the coward here?

Me? Who believes we should all be able to own whatever firearms we want including machine guns.

You. Who believes the 2nd is open to subjective emotional interpretation?

Old 05-18-2018, 05:09 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Well derp why don't we see mass knife attacks like there? To the point they are banning knives.... we'll wait eagerly for your educated answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies