Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2018, 06:11 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
My job requires finger print access to many areas and supplies. Works flawlessly.
Mine did also, worked like crap, especially when dirty (outside facility access). The cell phone scan does not even work right away all the time; you do realize when a person needs a firearm for self defense, they need it to work and work sort of very quickly?

Old 05-18-2018, 06:12 PM

50,290 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Works 100% of the time. Technology has improved a lot in this area lately. Your place of employment needs to upgrade.
Why would you trust techno with your life?

Old 05-18-2018, 06:13 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Poland, strict gun laws, religious, very conservative = few mass shootings
Holland, strict gun laws, secular, very liberal = few mass shootings
Britain, strict gun laws, secular, moderate = few mass shootings
Italy, strict gun laws, religious, moderate = few mass shootings

Whats the one thing they have in common?
Countries like Finland have high gun ownership rates, yet low gun crime.

Strict gun laws does not mean absence of guns, Britain has guns, a person can go and buy one.

In this shooting; what gun did the shooter purchase?

Old 05-18-2018, 06:14 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Because having such restrictions is impeding the ability to have the right to arms. It would be like mandating a test or fee to vote. The government and Constitution protects these rights, having someone not able to exercise their rights due to such excessive fees is pretty much the government intruding on such rights.
Would it? Doesn't seem to be in violation of the 2nd Amendment to have such strict restrictions on automatic weapons. There is absolutely no consistency when it comes to the 2nd Amendment. Its basically whatever gun lovers feel it should be at any given moment.

Quote:
But because a few idiots want to abuse the right, now you want to punish everyone? Fact is firearm violence is much, much lower now than its peak in the 80's.
We use to have more deaths via car accidents in the past, therefore we shouldn't be attempting to make driving safer now. See how dumb this logic sounds when you apply it to something else.

Quote:
At that, a few European countries have firearm ownership rates that rival the US, yet the fraction of the firearm violence.
Not one is even close to the US in terms of number of firearms in circulation, percentage of households with firearms or the ease of purchase of firearms. Its why we lead all first world nations in homicides and mass shootings. Not a stat to be proud of.

Old 05-18-2018, 06:15 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Why would you trust techno with your life?
Because lives depend on the techno I use with my line of work.

Old 05-18-2018, 06:16 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
People don’t seem to understand that a shotgun kills as effectively as any other gun they care more about how many were killed then anything else.
This been pointed out so many time on here by gun owners. I just mentioned it not too long ago in a gun related thread asking a gun grabber "what guns comes next after we ban just AR15's?, because the next mass shooting will be done with a shotgun and or handguns??.

And now here we are today, as I predicted.

Old 05-18-2018, 06:19 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,508,401 times
Everone has their opinion on this shooting topic, of which we see quite a bit here in our country. We seem to go after guns, NRA etc. Or we say we need a deterrent such as more guns.

Well, The majority (I think) of these things are one peer killing other peers. Yeah, occasionally you get a Stockton, CA with a much older dude, but all these latest ones are teens/early 20's.

Why *I* think this is happening:

Kids aren't getting there butt whooped for f'ing up when young.
Kids are told they are unique, special snowflakes.
Kids are told just trying/participating is as good as being #1.
Kids are told they shouldn't have to experience any hardship.
Kids AREN'T told how grandma and grandpa dealt with bullies.
Leniency when an act of God actually mets out a punishment.
The poison that are SSRI class drugs, handed out like Pez (and I'd LOVE to get the list Rx drugs every shooter has been on).
YMMV, but it all starts at home

Old 05-18-2018, 06:19 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
This been pointed out so many time on here by gun owners. I just mentioned it not too long ago in a gun related thread asking a gun grabber "what guns comes next after we ban just AR15's?, because the next mass shooting will be done with a shotgun and or handguns??.

And now here we are today, as I predicted.
What type of gun do you predict will be the firearm of choice in the next school mass shooting?

Old 05-18-2018, 06:21 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,062 times
Quote:
Countries like Finland have high gun ownership rates, yet low gun crime.

Strict gun laws does not mean absence of guns, Britain has guns, a person can go and buy one.

In this shooting; what gun did the shooter purchase?
Finland's gun ownership rate is 12 percent. America's gun ownership rate is 45%.

Also to be noted that Finland has one of the highest homicide rates in Western Europe. I wonder why...

Old 05-18-2018, 06:22 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post

This is list of what is required to buy an automatic weapon, why shouldn't this apply to all firearms?
This would work in 1776. What about the 300 million guns in circulation now? If you were honest you'd say confiscation or some convoluted laws that cannot be enforced. This kid took his dad's gun. Dad didn't lock up his gun. There is already law about locking up firearms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies