Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2018, 11:20 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,791,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I don't blame Congress. I blame them for a lot, but this wasn't going to be stopped federally. The gun debates stretch more on The state level. Blame Texas's government who has an LT. Governor who thinks that having one single entrance would have stopped this. Fire codes prevent that you idiot, plus unless there is metal detection, the gun would get in and for all we know they could shoot outside of the school too.

Old 05-20-2018, 11:56 AM

19,449 posts, read 12,092,063 times
Shooter targeted a girl he had stalked who rejected him. Columbine+Elliot Rodger but a coward who could not take himself out.

Texas school shooter killed girl who turned down his advances and embarrassed him in class, her mother says

Quote:
One of Pagourtzis' classmates who died in the attack, Shana Fisher, "had 4 months of problems from this boy," her mother, Sadie Rodriguez, wrote in a private message to the Los Angeles Times on Facebook. "He kept making advances on her and she repeatedly told him no."
Pagourtzis continued to get more aggressive, and she finally stood up to him and embarrassed him in class, Rodriguez said. "A week later he opens fire on everyone he didn't like," she wrote. "Shana being the first one." Rodriguez didn't say how she knew her daughter was the first victim.

Old 05-20-2018, 12:02 PM

18,073 posts, read 18,732,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"because the school wanted to not continue teens being picked up by the police and be more easy on them so they could get through school."

Didn't that come from Obama through one of is many Executive Orders?
For Cruz, it was part of the Sheriff's (and his supporters) agenda; do not know if this had anything to do with Obama or not. Broward County wanted this "hands off" policy when dealing with teen crime, and essentially wanted no criminal record of any kind for them except for something serious like murder or something. This also helped "lower" crime rates, thus boost property values by making it look like a better alternative to live than the two competing counties of Palm Beach and Miami-Dade.

However, as many people stated, the lack of a record of any kind means the firearm background check will not show anything.

Old 05-20-2018, 12:06 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,473,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
For Cruz, it was part of the Sheriff's (and his supporters) agenda; do not know if this had anything to do with Obama or not. Broward County wanted this "hands off" policy when dealing with teen crime, and essentially wanted no criminal record of any kind for them except for something serious like murder or something. This also helped "lower" crime rates, thus boost property values by making it look like a better alternative to live than the two competing counties of Palm Beach and Miami-Dade.

However, as many people stated, the lack of a record of any kind means the firearm background check will not show anything.
Yup. There's those good feels problematic solutions to addressing problems again...

Quote:
Broward school Superintendent Robert W. Runcie – a Chicagoan and Harvard graduate with close ties to President Obama and his Education Department – signed an agreement with the county sheriff and other local jurisdictions to trade cops for counseling. Students charged with various misdemeanors, including assault, would now be disciplined through participation in “healing circles,” obstacle courses and other “self-esteem building” exercises.
https://www.realclearinvestigations...._shooting.html

Quote:
“We’re not going to continue to arrest our kids,” he added. “Once you have an arrest record, it becomes difficult to get scholarships, get a job, or go into the military."
Know what else is difficult to obtain with an arrest record?
Firearms.

Old 05-20-2018, 12:17 PM

46,189 posts, read 26,935,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"because the school wanted to not continue teens being picked up by the police and be more easy on them so they could get through school."

Didn't that come from Obama through one of is many Executive Orders?

Yep, not sure it was an EO though...could have been....

Old 05-20-2018, 12:21 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,893,995 times
So it is the fault of ritalin and video games.

How many people are on ritalin and play video games?
Ritalin is an international drug -- why aren't there ritalin inspired mass shootings all over the world?
Same with the video games.

What is it about life in the USA that seems to spawn these mentally challenged folks.

Old 05-20-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
I was speaking for the collective here, democrats as a whole won't try to take our guns away. Too many of us are gun owners. That an extreme has a view counter to mine is maybe(?) similar to how some extreme righties have a view counter to yours.

I told you I don't know much about Joe, what are you referring to? If it's a relevant point I'll be happy to respond.

Proven me wrong? By some old youtube? I don't think so, hahaha!!!

I've addressed every point that you've made. I can't help it if you have trouble articulating your questions. Work on that.

Joe biden says they don't have time to enforce current laws (the 4473), yet that's what you want, more laws, why?

She still said it....does not matter if it's old or not....many on the left want this, yet cannot say it publicly.

I articulated very well, your failure to comprehend, is not my fault.

Old 05-20-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
We want your guns and and will come for them. After we get our hands on your guns, we will use them in attempt to force our agenda on you through violence. We will kill your children and terrorize public places.

signed ~ troubled teens.

We don't have time to enforce current law....

Signed joe biden....

Old 05-20-2018, 12:32 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,409,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
nope... the "gunboy" was aided by nasty Nancy Pelosi, and Maxine crazy waters

Old 05-20-2018, 12:34 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,473,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
We don't have time to enforce current law....

Signed joe biden....
You don't need an AR15 jill, just grab a shotgun, a box of shells, step out on the balcony and let off 2 blasts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies