Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 10:49 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
That has to do with geophysics. It has nothing to do with God.
It has everything to do with a planet's ageing process. Earth is getting old and everything born has a shelf life on it. I'm thinking the earth will exit the same way it came in ... with a big bang. (tsunamis and volcano eruptions; signs of age)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Nailed it. They want their mythology to come true regardless of how many people get hurt.
It isn't about making something come true, but more in the lines of accepting that which will happen, because there is no way of stopping it. So when the evangelicals see events unfold that simulate end times of biblical prophecy, they get all excited. However, I do have to wonder at times as to which Bible they are reading, so as they come up with some of this stuff. (a government embassy is not a Holy Temple)

The authors of the Biblical chapters saw in their lifetimes, changes (patterns in development) in the earth and its people and they wrote it with a sense of hope, that in the end we all might be saved.

Through the creation of the Islamic beliefs though, theirs is a different take on the making of (your word) mythology to come true regardless of how many get hurt. Their Imams talk of the 12th Imam who is to return and bring peace to the earth ...

EXCLUSIVE: AHMADINEJAD’S END TIMES SPEECH TO THE U.N.: Gives most detailed explanation of Twelfth Imam to date; tells UN leaders Mahdi will “soon” reign over world

"Islamic theologians say Muslim political leaders today are supposed to set into motion the annihilation of Judeo-Christian civilization as we know it and create the conditions of chaos and carnage to hasten the arrival of the Twelfth Imam. Then the Mahdi is supposed to turn all these wars and killings to his advantage and establish justice and peace."
10 - 12 years ago, there was nothing about Islam and a 12th Imam. One person mentioned it in an interview, like Christ is to Christianity and everyone knows, the 12th Imam and the belief in such an entity was something rarely mentioned. To get the 12th Imam to arrive is to make sure the only religion is the Islamic one ...

And that is where the Holy war of the Bible comes in ... btw: With some sects of Islam they do not put up with, disrespect and there is no choice.

I spent my childhood years in a church hearing these things preached but no one really made the 'who' clear to me. As an adult I no longer attend church and I'm no biblical scholar ... these things I've pieced together from what I remembered, what's been posted on c-d and what woke me up to pay more attention to the world I live in, was 9/11. That was the sign to break all signs, (for me to realize) change is coming and its going to hurt, a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2018, 10:59 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Interesting how a "loving" God needs to burn people for eternity for not following him yet at the same time providing no real evidence of his existence...
The evidence is more than ample, despite your insistence that there isn't any. Too bad for you. You just don't like the way God made it, and you don't get to set the terms of what constitutes evidence. There are millions of believers who will testify to it, and your opinions are irrelevant when all is said and done. Once again, there are two paths to take in life: God or satan. Your CHOICE. If you go with satan, then brace yourselves for burning lava in the lake of fire for your CHOICE. You rejected love, so you'll eat the fruit of your own doings. So, stick your head in the sand and declare "There's no God!, because in my heart I don't like the terms of life".

Old 05-20-2018, 11:02 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,941,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The evidence is more than ample, despite your insistence that there isn't any.
Where is this evidence? If the evidence was so clear I don't think there would be thousands of different religions not to mention many sects of Christianity.

Old 05-20-2018, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
This is really getting old. Trump doesn’t come close to being a Christian or anything close. He’s using the evangelical movement to gain and keep him in office. And the so called Christian alliance is using him to push thier agenda.
Maybe, maybe not. Nonetheless, God's Scriptures are being accomplished with respect to Israel and the final days of this civilization. King Jesus is about to set up His Throne in Jerusalem with great power to rule and reign on earth. Democracy will be no more; you're about to find out what Kingdom government is all about with a perfect holy and righteous King -- Jesus.

Old 05-20-2018, 11:08 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
It has everything to do with a planet's ageing process. Earth is getting old and everything born has a shelf life on it. I'm thinking the earth will exit the same way it came in ... with a big bang. (tsunamis and volcano eruptions; signs of age)
As the Earths core cools, and the moon slowly drifts further out in orbit, there will be less geothermal activity and slacker tides. The Earth will remain while humans ability to survive on it will be the question.

When will the miraculous sky gods of all these religions come to lend a hand?

Old 05-20-2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
People have been seeing the end of the world since the beginning of recorded history and will continue to do so until our sun goes nova, provided the human race survives that long.
And, people will be mocking right when it happens -- just as they were doing when God flooded the whole world in Noah's days. The mockers were all of sudden panic-stricken believers, but it was too late for them because the door to the ark of safety was closed.

Old 05-20-2018, 11:11 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Maybe, maybe not. Nonetheless, God's Scriptures are being accomplished with respect to Israel and the final days of this civilization. King Jesus is about to set up His Throne in Jerusalem with great power to rule and reign on earth. Democracy will be no more; you're about to find out what Kingdom government is all about with a perfect holy and righteous King -- Jesus.
There is no maybe to it Trump is trying to make his fan base happy. Period.
So we keep hearing for the last 2,000 years. A perfect and righteous God/king doesn’t create evil just to play hero. You might want to remember that Jesus was supposed to come back in the time of the prophets.
He’s late.

Old 05-20-2018, 11:12 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
And, people will be mocking right when it happens -- just as they were doing when God flooded the whole world in Noah's days. The mockers were all of sudden panic-stricken believers, but it was too late for them because the door to the ark of safety was closed.
Would God have entrusted a man with the qualities of Trump to ensure the survival of the human race, or, do you think he would be one of those wiped out in the flood?

Old 05-20-2018, 11:15 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Would God have entrusted a man with the qualities of Trump to ensure the survival of the human race, or, do you think he would be one of those wiped out in the flood?
Trump is one of those imo, if God can make a donkey talk ... he doesn't have to be anything, he just has to be and God's will is served through the person, through the choices they make in life.

btw: I had often wondered what would make people in this country move back to their home countries ... and then came Trump.

Old 05-20-2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Where is this evidence? If the evidence was so clear I don't think there would be thousands of different religions not to mention many sects of Christianity.
Again, you don't set the terms. God has given much evidence and there are millions upon millions of eyewitnesses. When all is said and done, you'll know that I'm telling you the truth. Until then, stick your head in the sand. Your CHOICE. God gave that to you, chose LIFE (God) or burning lava (satan).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies