Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 08:41 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,720,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Nah. They've dug their grave with that one.

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. From a strictly biological perspective, men are mostly disposable - one man can get many women pregnant at the same time. If the situation were reversed, and you had many men and few women, birthrates would fall off a cliff and the men would simply be fighting all the time over what few women remained.

Now, obviously we're an intelligent (mostly) species, so we don't consider men disposable, but biology is what it is, uncaring about silly things like people's lives having value, etc. Still, I'm not sure what the point of this topic is... Both sexes are needed for society to work - that much should be obvious by now... though one never knows with some of the lunacy that is posted around here...
Wouldn't gay men be the replacers though?

Oh please women are just as disposable if you want to go for that train.

The human race is declining already anyways with so many anti birth technologies and services so...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2018, 08:44 PM

11,097 posts, read 7,154,662 times
Society can and will collapse whether women are around or not. When women are around, their views and skills are ignored and devalued. If they weren't around, the same gap and loss would obviously occur.

We've seen how unbalanced life and the world gets when women aren't allowed to be on par in decision making and having a voice. That's why we were created male and female, and why we need to fully use and engage both genders. Balance and stability are more important that we will look at and admit. It's an inconvenient reality for too many these days.

Old 05-18-2018, 08:44 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,034,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
Wouldn't gay men be the replacers though?

Oh please women are just as disposable if you want to go for that train.

The human race is declining already anyways with so many anti birth technologies and services so...
You are reading malice into my post where none was meant, and gay men don't replace women for reproductive needs and probably not sexual needs... I'm not seeing men turning gay because no women are around. The reality is that from a biological perspective, you need a lot more women than men. A woman can be in the process of having only 1 child at a time, while a man can sire lots and lots of kids at once. Look at nature, and you'll see what I mean, with the ultimate example being various insects, such as honeybees, where the males are literally just disposable sperm donors.

Now, OBVIOUSLY - I really shouldn't have to explain this - I'm NOT advocating such a fate for humanity. My entire point was simply that if a world without men (or with very few of them) would be bad for humanity, which it obviously would be, a world with few women would be a completely disaster from a reproductive viewpoint. And that doesn't each touch upon the violence that would result from lots of men killing each other over the few remaining women.

Old 05-18-2018, 08:59 PM

Quote:
You are reading malice into my post where none was meant, and gay men don't replace women for reproductive needs and probably not sexual needs... I'm not seeing men turning gay because no women are around. The reality is that from a biological perspective, you need a lot more women than men. A woman can be in the process of having only 1 child at a time, while a man can sire lots and lots of kids at once. Look at nature, and you'll see what I mean, with the ultimate example being various insects, such as honeybees, where the males are literally just disposable sperm donors.

Now, OBVIOUSLY - I really shouldn't have to explain this - I'm NOT advocating such a fate for humanity. My entire point was simply that if a world without men (or with very few of them) would be bad for humanity, which it obviously would be, a world with few women would be a completely disaster from a reproductive viewpoint. And that doesn't each touch upon the violence that would result from lots of men killing each other over the few remaining women.
What about test tubes?

Old 05-18-2018, 09:01 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
What about test tubes?
You'll still need women to produce the ova unless you plan to rely entirely on cloning, and I don't suggest that.

Old 05-18-2018, 09:07 PM

2,129 posts, read 1,776,727 times
You also need the woman to actually incubate the fertilized egg. The only thing that happens in the "test tube" (not a literal test tube btw) is fertilization. We do not have artificial wombs. You need an actual woman to incubate the fetus.

And I, for one, am da** glad there are "so many anti birth technologies and services". The world population is NOT falling off, there are still about 5 times too many people in the world. Plus, personally, I am fervently in favor of anything that keeps me from being a slave to my womb. And that would be birth control right there at the top of the list.

Old 05-18-2018, 09:09 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,034,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
You also need the woman to actually incubate the fertilized egg. The only thing that happens in the "test tube" (not a literal test tube btw) is fertilization. We do not have artificial wombs. You need an actual woman to incubate the fetus.

And I, for one, am da** glad there are "so many anti birth technologies and services". The world population is NOT falling off, there are still about 5 times too many people in the world. Plus, personally, I am fervently in favor of anything that keeps me from being a slave to my womb. And that would be birth control right there at the top of the list.
Totally agreed. My comments were meant in the strictly biological sense, not as any endorsement of right-wing lunacy involving removing a woman's right to choose.

Old 05-18-2018, 09:14 PM

482 posts, read 242,304 times
Quote:
We talk all the time about society collapsing without men, now let's do the opposite

I doubt nurture and birth would be on the list, since artificial birth technology has risen

Dating scene would probably be more different than now

I honestly don't know, maybe the teaching and medical industries would fail of the bat?
I think technology in general would explode due to morality being literally cut in half, and productivity would increase significantly from removing women in general from the work force. With that being said, we would destroy the planet out of boredom.

If they could produce lifelike sex-bots, I think about a half of men would actually be happier, but a lot of men wouldn't be able to handle not having a women, which would lead to violence just like it does in prison.

Old 05-18-2018, 09:45 PM

Quote:

Since when do we believe ourselves so animalistic lmao?

Old 05-18-2018, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Totally agreed. My comments were meant in the strictly biological sense, not as any endorsement of right-wing lunacy involving removing a woman's right to choose.
Meh, disabled peoplle have the highest abortion rates, female babies have the highest abortion rates, black babies have the highest abortion rates, hell even transgenders have high abortion rates

Go abortions

So where all the black, disabled, female and transgender people gonna keep living?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies