Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2018, 10:57 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
If I was Markle I would renounce my American citizenship.

Absolutely positively no benefit to be an American living in the UK permanently.
Please keep pretending, renounce American citizenship and let us know how it works out.

If you change your mind, you can always come back in illegally and get more rights than a citizen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2018, 10:59 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,491,618 times
Drudge Report gushes over Royal Wedding

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Old 05-19-2018, 11:02 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
She began the process of acquiring British citizenship. That does not automatically extinguish US citizenship. Both she and her children (assuming she bears any with Harry) can be dual citizens, still owing the IRS every year.
Yes, I'm aware. My own husband has been through the dual-citizenship process, so you can stop explaining it to me.

Old 05-19-2018, 12:40 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,394,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The ultimate celebration of racism, elitism and privilege.

Nice of them to show their true colors.
That's funny.

Most Royal Weddings the MSM more or less ignores, or at least plays down. See William's compared to this one, with William's being far more important in terms of the monarchy.

The MSM is essentially pro-communist, and is thus fundamentally opposed to monarchy.

They see this inter-racial marriage as undermining traditional monarchy, for several reasons, and are thus playing to it. It's their way of undermining traditional monarchy.

I can almost hear the little communists at the NYT gag as they make their 100th "Whats going on with the Royals this week"? formulaic pre-wedding tabloid spread.

Old 05-19-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Is this referencing today's "Royal Wedding?" Didn't you see the gratuitous use of a Black preacher, Black choir, and Black cello soloist in the pomp and circumstance? What was conspicuously absent? Asian representation. ...Discuss.
The British Monarchy isn't Asian. /discussion.

Old 05-19-2018, 12:47 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Yawn.

Old 05-19-2018, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Why Americans gush over foreign nobility is a mystery.

Americans ARE sovereigns without subjects - the social equal of any other monarch on the planet. That's why Americans don't bow nor kneel to foreign sovereigns (or shouldn't).
Trust me when I say that Americans, in general, are not the social equal of any other monarch on the planet. If you wish to test your theory, try using your American status to work your way into being a social equal with the continental European nobility. Bring some money for McDonalds so you don't starve when the event invitations don't roll in. In short, honey boo boo's family are not the landed gentry.

Old 05-19-2018, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Interesting thought. What if one of their babies comes out fully black? Though she’s light skin and he’s a white red hair guy the traits are still within her genes and may combine in a way to produce a dark skin baby with curly hair. Be interesting to see a future prince or princess like that at official royal events and photos. Their German ancestors would be rolling in their graves, especially the Queen’s uncle.
If Harry isn't Charles's son, that result would be an effective way of effectively ending the journey of Diana's lover's genetics through the European nobility. In fact, the marriage may have that effect regardless of the exact skin tone of any children. There is no larger red flag for an unsuitable line than "divorced American", nevermind the racial angle.

Old 05-19-2018, 12:55 PM

Quote:
She began the process of acquiring British citizenship. That does not automatically extinguish US citizenship. Both she and her children (assuming she bears any with Harry) can be dual citizens, still owing the IRS every year.
Royals won't take taxable income.They generally will use trusts. Moreover, the first 90k or so is tax free, for expats, the last time that I checked.

Old 05-19-2018, 12:58 PM

17,597 posts, read 17,629,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It appears the some of our resident RWNJ's don't see a wedding but see only race instead.
In parts of Europe where soccer (football) is king it’s common for some fans to call out “monkey” or throw bananas at African players. Having a royal with dark skin would get under their skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies