Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2018, 01:00 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,787,230 times

Advertisements

I thought the bride looked lovely and her jewelry was amazing! Good for them and I hope they are happy. How does this affect all the grumpy old men complaining about it again? Turn off the TV. I like a little pomp and circumstance once in awhile!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2018, 02:39 PM

25,781 posts, read 16,408,424 times
Such hypocrisy. This royal family who’s ancestors were guilty of some of the worst crimes against humanity going back a thousand years. But one American colonist who owned some slaves is the devil?

Old 05-19-2018, 03:12 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,400,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Don’t care about the wedding so I changed the channel.
Haaar! It's being estimated that more Americans attended this event than Trump's inauguration.

Old 05-19-2018, 03:18 PM

25,781 posts, read 16,408,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Haaar! It's being estimated that more Americans attended this event than Trump's inauguration.
Ha! That cracked me up

Old 05-19-2018, 03:27 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,824,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Just when we thought the court jester was going to be overlook or underrepresented he's drawn and quartered after the last statement of virtue. Will the Royal Scribe please get it down for the record.

HEY!! I'M the court jester! Where's my jester's cap?! HEY! SOMEBODY STOLE MY JESTER'S CAP!! THIS STINKS!! THIS IS TOTAL BS!!!

...oh, here it is.

Old 05-19-2018, 03:28 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,602,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The ultimate celebration of racism, elitism and privilege.

Nice of them to show their true colors.
You could always turn it off and go do something productive.

Old 05-19-2018, 03:33 PM

18,874 posts, read 14,069,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Trust me when I say that Americans, in general, are not the social equal of any other monarch on the planet. If you wish to test your theory, try using your American status to work your way into being a social equal with the continental European nobility. Bring some money for McDonalds so you don't starve when the event invitations don't roll in. In short, honey boo boo's family are not the landed gentry.
I trust the law, not your opinion.
". . . at the Revolution, the sovereignty devolved on the people, and they are truly the sovereigns of the country, but they are sovereigns without subjects, and have none to govern but themselves. . ."
- - - Justice John Jay, Chisholm v. Georgia, 2 U.S. 2 Dall. 419 419 (1793)
https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremec...CR_0002_0419_Z

It will be admitted on all hands that with the exception of the powers granted to the states and the federal government, through the Constitutions, the people of the several states are unconditionally sovereign within their respective states.
Ohio L. Ins. & T. Co. v. Debolt 16 How. 416, 14 L.Ed. 997

BTW, if a traveling monarch shows up on our shores, no one is obligated to feed and shelter them, either.

B U T we're their social and legal equals.

Which also explains why Americans can marry foreign nobility without violating their local laws barring commoners from marrying nobility. Nor should sovereign Americans accept titles of nobility from foreign sovereigns. And the vulgar taunt : "Kiss my royal American @ss!" is technically correct and legally accurate.

.................................................. ...............
ALIEN, n. An American sovereign in his probationary state.
- - - - “The Devil’s Dictionary” (1906), by Ambrose Bierce
(download available from gutenberg.org)
.................................................. ...............

Old 05-19-2018, 03:38 PM

29,184 posts, read 22,216,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
And they completely ignored the Clayton, Georgia shooting tjat took place after a graduation last night.
That says much more about America and our priorities than it does about a royal wedding.

The wedding fascinated folks all over the world, so it wasn't just Americans. But in almost all of those other countries, their school children aren't shot ever other week somewhere inside them.

Can it be that our children's deaths are now so commonplace we quit caring about it?

Old 05-19-2018, 05:43 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,279,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No, it wasn't. Read more about their guests. Representatives from charities.

Yes, and that's because Prince Harry and Meghan are humanitarians who have strong ties to those charities. I don't get your point in trying to claim this wedding was about more than two people who are clearly in love wanting to get married. Their wedding was a reflection of who they are just like other weddings reflect the same about the brides and grooms planning them. It wasn't an arranged marriage like in past generations and it wasn't a business deal like our current president has with Melania. It wasn't a show and tell about inclusion or whatever else you're trying to say.

Old 05-19-2018, 05:51 PM

42,757 posts, read 26,002,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No, it wasn't. Read more about their guests. Representatives from charities.
Charity WORKERS, and School Children please try to keep up.

https://www.refinery29.com/2018/04/196634/royal-wedding-2018-guest-list-significance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies